You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

82/91 for today.
@bsg, hope you are already feeling better.
@wally, I am also curious why the scan. Let us know the outcome.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

111 this morning.

Barbara, I just can't like your note this morning. This certainly sounds like something to look into. Hoping you're better soon!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Was not in station so did not test today.
Barbara, do take care and if you get to the bottom of that episode, please let us know. Hope you are better.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

101 (5.6) today.  I have to admit that I could have lower fasting numbers but I have relaxed my diet a bit after three years of LCHF and I don't think that it is hurting, but I do enjoy a little more leeway from time to time.
Well, both the local TV weatherman who predicted snow and the NWS that predicted sunny were right yesterday !  It was sunny all day yesterday and around 3:00 PM without a cloud overhead, but a large bank of clouds to the West, we were getting snow while the sun was shining bright !  Really quite a bit of snow for about 15 min. but too warm for anything to stick.  The snow flakes had to be blowing from the heavy clouds to the West.
Barbara, UGH !  Not happy at all to hear about your situation.  I hope you can get better soon.
Rocky, I'm curious also in why the cardiologist uses an abdominal ultrasound but it is a standard test he uses.  I have an appointment next Wednesday and hope I can get some enlightenment.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this partly cloudy morning, 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.

Feeling much better today. Still a little weak, but stomach is much better and I can keep food down.

CCD, that cake is wonderful!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I had 2 cans of "light" beers yesterday and a guava from our own farm. The beers were light & the fruit home grown and completely organic.
My liver didn't know the difference and didn't give a *. Back to 140.

Paulomi do wish your daughter a very happy birthday from all of us at The Pub.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

80/96 for today. Don't know where that 96 came from. I've been running much lower with the fasting number for a number of day. I'm going to cut down the metformin pills to 2x250 from the next month.

bgs, happy to hear that you are feeling well.
ccd, yes do wish your daughter from me as well. BTW what do you call her ? I'm sure her name will be there on the cake. Remember to take only a very small piece  ;)
My life is based on a true story.

Vahit

Hello everyone,

I checked my morning number today. I have already come down to 174 from 203 which was four days ago. Is this good progress? I am not eating any breads or other grains and no sugar in my tea. I am mostly sticking to meat.

Is veggies in soup fine? I can add cream to make it more fat oriented. Can I have this sometimes?

Have a nice day.

Shanny

By all means add cream or butter to anything you like - it makes everything so much richer tasting & helps you get your fats intake high enough.

Most vegetables are okay, but steer clear of root crops like potatoes, beets, turnips, carrots, etc., even onions As you get better at eating to your meter, you may find you can tolerate small amounts like some shredded carrot in your salad, but a big detour like having a baked potato for supper will quickly raise your fasting readings and prob'ly for several days. 

Dark leafy greens are great - spinach, romaine, green or purple cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc., - either cooked or raw.

Here's a link that may help: http://www.lowcarbhighfatdiet.com/2014/04/vegetables-to-avoid-on-a-low-carb-high-fat-diet/

Carbcrazydog

Tasted a bit of pasta that i was cooking for my kids before I could test.

Thanks everyone for your wishes. Here is the birthday pic. I had put her pic on the forum the day she was born and she has grown so much in these 2 years.

Rocky- her name is Aditri. It is the name of Goddess Lakshmi (the Goddess of wealth). She has brought a lot of luck since she was born, to my husband. He gets the promotion. I deal with tantrums :) But to be fair, in India we believe that daughters are an incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi. This was more because people used to consider daughters a burden (heavily prevalent dowry system) and kill a girl child when she was born. But she has brought a lot of luck for us. Had a small piece only of the birthday cake :)

Shanny- can you believe that I discovered how awesome baked potatoes taste only after my diagnosis. Now if i could go back in time and change things, this would be one of them for sure!

Tamagno

95 this morning.

Woke up a bit early to my CGM alarm. On my way down to New Haven this morning for pre-op tests before the surgery. Shouldn't be any surprises, just a long drive.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

84 (4.65) this morning.  We are at 20° (-6.7°C) this morning and only got up to 37° yesterday so it is going to be cold for the next few days.  We have a chance of snow Sunday and Monday but I don't expect much, if anything.
Snow report for the Sierras in California and Nevada, Mount Rose Ski Area, Nevada, 636 inches of snow or 53 feet, 16.15 Meters.
Squaw Valley, California, 565 inches or 47 feet, 14.3 Meters.
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, 510 inches or 42.5 feet, 13 Meters.
Snow pack is 188 % of what is considered normal which is good news for Southern California as that is the source of most of their water comes from.  Pictures from some of the ski resorts show chairs on the ski lifts dragging in the snow.  They will probably be skiing as late as July ! 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Tamagno - I will be keeping you in my prayers as you have the pre-op tests and the surgery itself.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this mostly clear morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.  Still not 100% but better.  Sore ribs are an annoyance.

Got a letter in the mail the other day that I am due for another colonoscopy.  :( Problem is the gal that usually takes me has become a snow bird and won't be back here until April.  Guess I'll just have to wait.

Out most of the day running errands and grocery shopping.  I went to the other grocery store in town today and scored a couple good finds!!  Pickled quail eggs and Epic brand pork rinds bbq flavor.  Both are delicious!  This store is more expensive but does have some really unusual items that the other store doesn't carry.  This is where I get my * yogurt and local organic butter  and organic bone broth too.

Always keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Tamagno.

CCD she is gorgeous!!  She is growing into a beautiful young girl.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

125 today morning.
John, all the very best for the pre-ops & surgery.
Wally, that is some snowfall. I hope when it melts and flows down, it won't cause any proyblems.
Paulomi, you got a very cute little girl. Little girls are a lot of fun to have around, even with their tantrums & crocodile tears. I know an Aditi but had not heard of Aditri.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club