You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

92 (5.1) this partly cloudy morning,  a surprising 104 (5.76) at bedtime last night.  Not sure if I am getting sick or if I should blame the couple of bbq ribs I bought from the grocery store.  Probably the ribs, I should know better, but they were so good!!

It was -15°F (-26.11°C) when I went to bed last night.  It wasn't supposed to be that cold... It is only 8°F (-13.33°C) right now, doubt if it will reach the forecast 12°F. Snow tonight and tomorrow, or so they say. 

edited to add:  Good to hear from you Wally glad to hear you are on the road to healed.  Also glad to hear they are going to respect your food choices!!  We were posting at the same time.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Great to hear from you Wally   ;D
We figured you would be in rehab. This injury will take time to heal. Do relax and take it easy. All our good wishes for a quick-heal are with you.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

I'm glad to hear from you Wally and that the place your at is at least listening respectfully to your wishes.  Take it easy and blessings to you.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

I guess this is the place for that old adage - 'grin & bear it', eh, Wally?

Yes, hip rehab is the pits . . . when BH went through it, I finally had to kennel the furballs & take a room near the hospital to keep him from blowing the roof off the place. I even inquired if he was getting his regular meds regularly, because he wasn't usually so difficult when he was on his meds.

But it all works if you keep at it, and as I posted the other day, BH went back to felling trees & splitting firewood once his hip healed completely. It was the heart attack that took him out a few years later - not his hip. And I'm guessing he was about your age when he had it done . . . he's 81 now.

skb

113 this morning. I'm reminded of the fact, that discipline does pay.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

starsign

Welcome Wally, so good to hear from you. Yes, our prayers and blessings are with you. Get well soon.

AJ was 105 today.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Carbcrazydog

109 today morning.

Wally- get well soon! Take each day as it comes is the best advice i got when i was struggling once.

skb- good to see your numbers coming down. I had a bad dinner yesterday and I am hoping to inculcate some discipline now. Weekends get really difficult.

Tamagno

105 this morning.

So glad you're mending, Wally! Rehab's the pits, but you'll be home soon and hopefully ready for a great spring!

Yes, I know - how dare I mention spring in January? Well, it's freezing here, but I noticed this morning the sun was rising at 6:30am instead of 7:00! Days are indeed getting longer.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

116 this morning.  Indeed weekends are more *tempting*.  Watching television with my hubby is a prime time for snacking and sometimes forgetting just how many pieces of dark chocolate I enjoyed.  The next morning tells the story.........:)

Tamagno - continue to keep track of the sunrise times.  It gives one hope that Spring is just around the corner.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this cloudy morning, 96 (5.32) at bedtime last night.

3" of new snow this morning.  Nothing during the day but just now it has started again.  Looks like Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday will be snowy too.

Temp has warmed up some, 21°F  (-6.11°C) right now, no more negative numbers for a while...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Yesterday we had to travel to the farm for regular monthly errands. I had major electrical work to be carried out. It was hot & I had umm, 2 beers. Later, I remembered Shanny's words that beer is liquid wheat, but by then it was too late. The morning result was 115. Not bad, but could have been better.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

starsign

Did someone mention 'weekends'. Here's another guilty party. Went for a movie yesterday and succumbed to one small ice cream. Just a small one, shared between the two of us. And AJ went up to 112.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Carbcrazydog

starsign- one small icecream does not sound so bad. I had a pizza. 125 today morning.

I am a little stressed these days. My grandmom who is almost 80 was sick, My husband was sick with a bad gastric issue and could hardly get out of bed. He is still not well. Weekends managing the kids alone is so tough. Especially my daughter who absolutely won't eat and will get cranky out of hunger and cling to me and keep on pulling my clothes. I did not eat the entire day and binged on a pizza at night. Not that it should be an excuse.

I enviously eyed my husband today morning when I got all the household chores done, walked and fed the dog, got kids ready for school and left for work. He was still sleeping AND snoring. The kids did not even wake him up. When i am sick, which may have been not more than 3 times in the last 4 years, my kids will barge in every 5 minutes asking me if i am better and my husband will make so much noise that it can wake up the entire neighborhood. Never thought my fantasy would be to recover from a cold with a blanket and a glass of tomato soup and binge watching 'The Middle' on netflix.

rocky

I was at 95 today as well as yesterday. I controlled myself on the weekend  ;)
Have been too complacent in the past. The thought of the next morning number gives me the jitters.

Wally, extremely glad to hear from you. Take care and be well.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

195 this morning.

-1 degrees Fahrenheit this morning with a projected high of 18.

Off for a stress test this morning - should be interesting...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost