You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

197 this morning.

The meter here is weird, some sort of nice variation on a Verizon meter.

I guess I basically had open heart surgery so they have to be careful with fibrillation, etc It's a mess! Mostly things happen in the morning and then nothing all day. M
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.  Our weather looks like rain OR maybe snow.  Mother Nature cannot seem to make up her mind today.

John - Considering what you've been through, your number isn't bad.  Hospital meters are unusual (in my opinion) but mostly they are fairly accurate.  Whenever I've been in the hospital it seems to be a very long day after all the busy-ness of the morning activities.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

83 (4.6) this morning.  We managed to get up to 67° (19.4°C) yesterday and may break into the 70's today.  A touch of spring and I don't doubt that soon the fruit trees will start to bloom and then we will have a freeze, happens a lot of the time. Wow, just realized that we start daylight savings time Sunday so we will lose an hour.  It always takes a couple of weeks to adjust after the time change.
@Shanny, I am sure that you are correct and the square miles of asphalt and concrete do bring the temp up compared to trees and vegetation but in this case the biggest thing is that I live about 2000 feet higher than the town and it is always cooler here.  In the summer as much as 15° cooler !
@Tamagno, so glad to hear from you.  It sounds like a major operation so recovery will probably take some time but I hope you are able to go home soon. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on March 09, 2017, 10:04:23 AM@Shanny, I am sure that you are correct and the square miles of asphalt and concrete do bring the temp up compared to trees and vegetation but in this case the biggest thing is that I live about 2000 feet higher than the town and it is always cooler here.  In the summer as much as 15° cooler !
LOL! And we're often cooler because we're LOWER than town elevation - down in the river valley so the cooler air drops down & settles in our valley - and having that large body of water right beside us also cools us a lot. Mother Nature is an odd bird, isn't she?!  ;D

skb

Quote from: Vahit on March 09, 2017, 06:48:02 AM
Is this correct or my meter is showing faulty readings ? Sorry for questions every time.

Vahit, like I said last time, there is an element of unpredictability in your numbers at this time because of your glycogen reserves. The good thing is, you are coming back with lower numbers each time. That's very encouraging as far as I am concerned. Keep it up, and you'll be able to predict your numbers pretty soon.

Quote from: Tamagno on March 09, 2017, 07:17:27 AM
I guess I basically had open heart surgery so they have to be careful with fibrillation, etc It's a mess! Mostly things happen in the morning and then nothing all day. M

Howdy John? That is a major surgery. Hope you are back home soon and in prime shape asap.

Oh, I almost forgot to post my readings. 95 last evening and 109 today morning.

No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this snowing morning, 81 (4.49) at bedtime last night.

It got up to 42°F (5.56) today. Woke to 2+ inches of new snow and still snowing, but that turned to rain in the afternoon.

John, so good to hear from you!! Keeping you in my prayers and wishing you a speedy recovery.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Tamagno, great to hear from you. Keep posting and giving us good news everytime.  ;D

I have cut down my metformin by half for the past 10 days and that doesn't seem to make any difference to my numbers. I was 82 last evening before dinner and 91 this morning. The slice of cake also didn't do much harm.
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Quote from: rocky on March 09, 2017, 11:10:10 PM
I have cut down my metformin by half for the past 10 days and that doesn't seem to make any difference to my numbers. I was 82 last evening before dinner and 91 this morning. The slice of cake also didn't do much harm.

Metformin will keep taking effect for about 3 weeks. If at all your numbers move north, it will happen only after about that time. Keep a close watch.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

68 this morning - a little bit too low for my comfort.

Forecast is for snow tomorrow and Sunday and this is one time I hope the weatherman is wrong.  Done with the white stuff.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

80 (4.43) this morning.  We got up to 72° (22.2°C) yesterday and it was T-shirt weather, especially in the sun.  It looks like it will be sunny or mostly sunny and stay warm for the next 10 days at least.  Sure can't complain about the weather !   ecs
I took 2000mg of regular Metformin for many years but a couple of months ago my doctor suggested that I try to cut back and see how I do.  I cut back to 1000mg for a month and then 500mg and so far I really don't see a difference.  I am reluctant to stop altogether as there are possibly other benefits from Metformin that have not been proven but are expected.
Off in a bit for an appointment with the surgeon that did my broken hip repair.  I do have a couple of questions for him, I just hope I remember to ask. 

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Wally - I hope your appointment with the surgeon for a post surgical check up went well and that you received good news.  I hope your doctor was proud of the progress you've made.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this mostly clear morning, 93 (5.15) at bedtime last night.

My local pharmacy in conjunction with the University of Montana's Schools of Nursing and Pharmacy ran a free Hep3 screening today.  I am happy to report my test was negative. Phew!! So since I was out, I did all the errand running and am totally exhausted now.

Got up to 52°F (11.1°C) today maybe, just maybe Spring is on the way??

eta:  The student nurse that did my test will be graduating in 6 weeks.  We talked while waiting for the results and I told her about LC/HF/Med protein/Keto and how successful it was in controlling my diabetes.  She was in awe of my A1c 5.1% and that I was strictly diet controlled.  She really wanted to know more, so I recommended the dietdr site plus told her to google LC/HF for more info. I picked dietdr since he is a medical doctor.  We discussed how big pharma was very against it and most drs too.  She said she was going to discuss it with some of her advisors.   Maybe made a convert?

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on March 10, 2017, 08:44:10 AM
I took 2000mg of regular Metformin for many years but a couple of months ago my doctor suggested that I try to cut back and see how I do.  I cut back to 1000mg for a month and then 500mg and so far I really don't see a difference.  I am reluctant to stop altogether as there are possibly other benefits from Metformin that have not been proven but are expected.

The other benefits of metformin are now a part of empirical record. We had posted about it some time ago;

http://www.diabetic.pub/forum//index.php/topic,488

I have not seen BG numbers go up with a reduction in metformin dosage in anyone that I know. Hopefully rocky will also stay range-bound.

I scored an 81 pre-dinner last night and I expected a 2 digit number for the morning. But a sugar free cookie hurt more than I had expected. Fasting turned out to be 108.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Quote from: skb on March 10, 2017, 09:15:28 PM
Hopefully rocky will also stay range-bound.

I hope so too. 80 last evening and 93 this morning. 
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

92 (5.10) this morning.  It was supposed to be warmer yesterday but we had high cloud cover all day and it just didn't make it.  Still 68° (20°C) is not bad and will probably be warmer today.
Appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon went well.  He is pleased at how I have progressed and says that in another month I should be back to normal !  I got to look at the X-ray of the Hip and femur and the hardware is impressive.  I didn't realize how large it was.  It's not a pin but it's a rod that goes from the top of the femur all the way to the knee, then a screw that holds
the ball part.  I have a copy of the X-rays and I will try to post them.  I have a follow up in a month and he will address my knees then also.

[attachment deleted by admin]
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024