You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

85 (4.71) this morning.  Last night dinner was a BLT with Avocado on 70 second bread.  I thought the recipe was in our section but I don't see it so I will add it.  It is so easy to make and very kind to my bg.  I make one and then slice it in half to make two pieces.  It is very dense and filling.
Wow, 26° (-3.33°C) this morning.  It's probably going to be hard on the remaining blossoms on our Almond trees.  Also really windy yesterday, 30-35 MPH here but gusts up to 70 MPH down the hill and where I had to drive through yesterday.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

91 this morning.  I agree with you Wally, our BG does not always have to be perfect simply because we're human.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

The river has remained in its banks despite rain every darn day. But even when it floods the road, we can get out the other way, it's just a few miles farther to go around. Only a few times in all these years have we been marooned; once when a tree blew down during the night & blocked the road the other way, and another time when the river and all the little tributaries were sky-high, so we couldn't cross in an ordinary vehicle. Even then, access to a big farm tractor could've gotten us out in an emergency, & our neighbor has just that!

Another time during a bad ice storm the river flooded too, but that time we could get out became the county sent a gravel truck out each & every day to sand/gravel our hill, and God bless that driver who would then turn around in our driveway & go back up the hill he'd just sanded - every single day for one single household. And while many days of flooding will scour out all the gravel that smooths the surface, it doesn't wash completely away, because its bedrock formation is limestone bluff.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on March 31, 2017, 09:35:37 AM
I have taken the attitude that it isn't always necessary to keep the lowest bg number possible and to enjoy some things that I know will raise my bg a bit but still keep me under my 120 max goal.  I think it is good to keep a strict eye on our bg I believe I was a bit too strict for a while and missed out on some things.

I quite subscribe to that as well. I have been stricter when I started but lately i do relax a bit. I also deliberately use a meter which gives me higher readings so that I am forewarned. For instance my number today is 129. A lab reading would be between 95-105.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

86 4.76) cloudy morning,  87  (4.82) @ bedtime last night.

I am going crazy internet service is so irratic!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Wally, I'm also in agreement with you, however, lchf is so suitable to my tastes that I seldom feel like cheating.

I'm seeing my numbers creeping up slightly, especially my pre-dinner number as I have not worked out at the gym for over a week now. 

87 last evening & 95 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

130 today morning after a midnight Maggi and chocolate. My kids were at their worst yesterday and sometimes i feel close to a breakdown. I have suffered from depression 10 years back (for seperate reasons), so I can know when i am slipping very clearly and early on now.

I don't feel depressed but i have started feeling a lack of control over my emotions. All i want to do is watch Netflix all day long and sleep. I love my kids to bits and at times wish i could have more (I am 36 and working and education expenses are crazy so not a great idea) but the constant whining and meltdowns are getting to me now...

I know i should feel blessed over a 'perfect' life. I am grateful but then there are such days....

Carbcrazydog

[/quote]

I quite subscribe to that as well. I have been stricter when I started but lately i do relax a bit. I also deliberately use a meter which gives me higher readings so that I am forewarned. For instance my number today is 129. A lab reading would be between 95-105.
[/quote]

Lab results are lower than glucometer results always?

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 01, 2017, 06:18:41 AM
Lab results are lower than glucometer results always?

Yes. Always for me.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  A bit warmer this morning at 33° (0.56°C) and should be warmer today.  At least the wind has calmed down so it should be nice.  I think the hard freeze yesterday has killed the blossoms on our almond trees but will have to see. 
When I say I relax my diet a bit I don't really mean to "cheat", I just don't do that.  I still never have anything like bread, pasta, any desert like a cookie or piece of cake.  I have no need or craving for any of that.  What I mean is that I will have some more of certain foods like more onions on my homemade chili or large tomato slices on a BLT with low carb bread.  I still have to be careful as my tolerance for carbs is very low and 25-30 carbs a day is about my limit.  It's just that I was so very strict for over three years I am letting myself loosen up a bit as long as I don't go too high.  Even though I may have let up a bit my standards would probably seem very strict to many.  Many years of following my doctors advice and assuming that all was in control have left my ability to handle carbs quite low.  One of the things that higher than normal blood sugar does is kill Beta Cells, Jenny Ruhl in Diet 101, and I believe that is where I am.  Others will have a much better ability to handle more carbs and that is why eat to your meter is so important.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 94 (5.21) here too this mostly cler morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

Took a small tumble yesterday while I was unpacking the groceries.  Not too bad, but now I have two black and blue fore arms.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 01, 2017, 06:18:41 AMLab results are lower than glucometer results always?
Maybe so, maybe not. For skb that is true, because what he said in an earlier post, was that he "deliberately uses a meter which gives him higher readings so that he is forewarned" of creeping levels. He isn't saying that it's true for everybody.

skb

Yes, that is true only for me AFAIK. Everyone will have their own experiences and I do use a meter which reads higher.

Today morning 130. Had some SF cheese cake with frozen blueberries which were very very sweet. I had a couple of tiny bits, but that was enough I guess.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Carbcrazydog

109 today morning after reasonable choices at a birthday party yesterday.

Am feeling much better than i was feeling yesterday. All overwhelmed and in knots. I guess getting out of the house with kids is a lot of work but helps keeping me sane. I am so much like that indoor cat who would never leave the house unless needed. So getting out of my pajamas needs a lot of will power. And i married a person who would come home just to sleep, that too if he has too!

walkerwally1

Well, snap my yesterday with a 94 this morning.  We made it up to 72° (22.2°C) yesterday so quite nice.  There was a bit of a wind all day but not bad.  April is typically our windiest month and maybe going into May so no surprise there. 
Barbara, UGH !  Sorry about that.  As I have aged I now bruise so easily all it takes is a bump into something like a door or anything with an edge.  They say our skin gets thinner as we age and I guess that is the cause although doctors just look at it and shrug their shoulders.  It eventually goes away.  The last MOHS surgery I had was by my right sideburn and I ended up with a doozy of a black eye from that which is just now almost gone after two weeks. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024