You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

78 (4.32) this mostly clear morning, 70 (3.88) at bedtime last night.
I guess I am really lucky here in Montana.  My hospital actually had a keto choice on the menu of foods to choose from!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on April 05, 2017, 10:37:18 AM
No, I am sure they didn't learn anything because they are sure they already know everything.  The vast majority of health providers are convinced that they know all there is to know.

That is so true. Ironically, the USDA took a complete U turn on the Dietary Guidelines in 2015 and I thought that it would have percolated down the line somewhat. But that doesn't seem to be the case, yet.

111 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

125 today morning. Down with throat infection, body ache and headache. also cold.

Falling sick with active toddlers is no fun.

walkerwally- any update on your dog?

Tamagno

140 this morning.

Made some headway yesterday with my neurologist. Will be switching from IVIG to Rituxan very soon.

Turns out the surgery left me in a state of atrial fibrillation and the docs are nervous about IVIG causing blood clots.

The good part is that after the first month or so, Rituxan only gets administered once every six months and the infusion only lasts a couple of hours. Much, much better than IVIG!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  Still looks like we may get some rain Tomorrow and Saturday.  That would be welcome.  With that it will be breezy today and lower temps for the next few days.
@CCD, I'm sorry to say that we had to have her put down yesterday.  It turned out to be cancer and we kept her as long as she was not in pain or distress but it got to the point we could not put it off.  So sad and unexpected with a dog only 2 1/2 years old.
  @Tamagno, it sounds like the Rituxan  will be a welcome change.  I had A-fib a couple of years ago before I had the heart valve replaced and I was prescribed an oral med that seems like it solved the problem.  At least now there is no sign of A-fib so I guess it works. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

rocky

I've had a tough day. So I couldn't post in the morning.
But the good news is that my numbers are behaving quite well. Like old times.
I was at 81 last evening before dinner and then 90 this morning fasting, and now again 80 just before dinner.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

walkerwally- i am so sorry to hear about your dog. I still remember how painful it was and I hope you and your family are coping okay. The only thing that gave me relief after putting her down was knowing that now the pain is only mine and atleast she is at peace. Stay strong..

Shanny

Quote from: rocky on April 06, 2017, 11:42:49 AMI've had a tough day. So I couldn't post in the morning.
~hug~

bigskygal

81 (4.49) this cloudy morning, 92 (5.1) at bedtime last night.

CCD, I know only too well being sick with young toddlers.  I got chicken pox as an adult and my kids were very young, 2 & 4. My hubby at the time was traveling for business and I was really sick!! It was awful!

Tamagno, hope the new med helps you and you heal quickly.

Wally so sorry about your dog!   ~hug~

Started raining about an hour ago, seems to be tapering off.  It got up to 62°F (16.6°C) today.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

@wally, very sorry to learn of your loss.
@john, wishing you good health with the new medication
@paulomi, wish you quick recovery from the throat infection. I now use baking soda to get rid of them early or stop the infection in its track.
@rocky, tough days are a part & parcel of life. Hope you have a good weekend.

BG 92 pre-dinner yesterday & 116 today morning. Yesterday was my son's birthday and we had baked a Paleo cake. Turned out pretty good, but it had chocolate chips as topping.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Tamagno, I join everyone in wishing you good health with the new drug.

93 fasting this morning, probably due to missing my gym yesterday.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

119 today morning after some stressful readings yday. I had a burger for breakfast (what was i thinking, right?) and an egg puff, some chips and chocolate in the evening. 207 post meal (2 hours). have never been above 200 ever, i think. could be because of the throat infection too but freaked me out. I went to 89 after 2 hours of that and ate a salad. Today morning I woke up and started the 2 hours eating LCHF that i did in pregnancy and got my numbers down. I have got so many small tiffins to work, i am sure people feel that I come to work to eat!

But you have to do what you have to do, right?

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 07, 2017, 12:47:00 AM
207 post meal (2 hours). have never been above 200 ever, i think. could be because of the throat infection too but freaked me out. I went to 89 after 2 hours of that and ate a salad.

That's a rollercoaster which is certainly not good. More importantly, how do you feel physically after such a swing ? I would be feeling drained out.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Carbcrazydog

I generally feel drained out since a few weeks. I have been writing it down to the heat and my erratic eating schedule since a couple of years now. Since my daughter was born. And i hardly drink any water. But i think i do feel general irritability when my sugars swing. Thankfully the tingling in my feet has stopped which used to happen when i used to eat anything "normal".

My father had diabetes at 35 (and i am 36 now) and he passed away at 52. Although he did not have adequate control and used to smoke = heart attack. I worry about leaving my kids early...But i remind myself that if its your time, road accidents are equally probable. 

Tamagno

164 this morning.

Wally, terrible news about your dog; such a pity their lives are so short.

I'm taking all my meds now through the feeding tube which means most are in solution. I suspect some to contain sugar, but I'm not certain and will do some checking today.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost