You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

92 (5.04) this morning.  There is still a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow but I don't expect much, if any.  Cooler temps and windy though.
Yeah, sad about the dog.  She was a sweetheart and so young it was quite a surprise.  She was a buddy to our  Rottweiler and he obviously misses her also.  A pic of the two together :
[attachment id=0]

[attachment deleted by admin]
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

70 this morning and 40 during the night.  I am so DONE with diabetes !!!  Just when you get it all figured out, it seems that the whole works tips upside down and you have to start all over again.

Wally - So very sorry to hear about you losing your furry kid.  I know their canine pals miss them as this happened to us when we lost a dog.  Her 'pal' kept sniffing the house looking for her for days after she passed.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this partly cloudy morning, 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.

It got up to 62°F (16.6°C) again today.  Just a few drops of rain, but now this evening it is getting windy.  I hate the wind!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

97 pre-dinner yesterday and 114 today morning.
I'm happy when the difference between the 2 is less than 20 points.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on April 07, 2017, 09:23:31 AM
She was a buddy to our  Rottweiler and he obviously misses her also.  A pic of the two together :

So so sorry, Wally . . . they're both beautiful, and he'll mourn her just like you do.  :'(

rocky

Wally, lovely picture. A loss is a loss for every member of the family. The other dog will surely miss her a lot.
ccd, hope you are feeling better and have better and stable numbers now.

My BG readings were; 81 yesterday evening before meals and 92 this morning. 
My life is based on a true story.

Vahit

Hello everyone. This is vahit here back again.
My travelling keeps me eating foods I don't want. But I am trying.
My two morning fasting numbers
07 April - 130
08 April - 126

Have a great day.

Tamagno

182 this morning.

An awful time for you, Wally. Offering my prayers...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

78 (4.32) this morning.  Light dinner last night and that does help.
We did get some rain overnight, just under 1/4 inch, so it did get things wet.  The rain is out of here now but it will be cool for a couple of days. 
Yeah, it is sad and we will miss the little girl but some things you can't change and life goes on.  Thanks for the condolences all.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this partly cloudy morning, 94 (5.21) at bedtime last night.

Finally got my taxes to my preparer today.  Every year I swear I will do it early and it never happens.

A few sprinkles today and this afternoon the wind picked up again.

Sweet photo Wally.  So sorry for your loss.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Wally, so sorry that you had to lose a loved one.

My Fasting number jumped to 133 from a 91 pre-dinner. I was surprised at this jump but then I remembered that I had had Kabuli Chana (chickpeas) the white variety. However, this is the first instance of such a large jump in numbers. I will most likely repeat this item again and recheck. If it happens again, chickpeas go off my food list.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

82 this morning.

I'm going to church this morning (first time since last October) as my white blood cells and platelets are close to normal and I don't think I've got a big risk of infection.

Now that the cancer is gone, I'll just have to focus on the stuff that came up while in hospital; most of that is just a matter of time and/or some treatment and is no big deal.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

113 today morning. My numbers have been behaving better but I have been eating better too. I guess it will never be easy to order a salad when everyone you are eating with is having burger and fries and a free coke with that.

I sometimes go into self pity because I am struggling with this earlier than a lot of people. In India, people usually get diagnosed around 50. But maybe they are pre-diabetic for long too. India has still not figured out pre-diabetes. A lot of people i know think i overtest (I test once or twice a day) and it should only be once in 3 months.

Ignorance is bliss but knowledge is power, i guess.

Carbcrazydog

Wally- your dog looked amazing. Will you be considering adopting another one? I put in a request for adoption when i was on the way to bury my previous one. My grief was huge and I still miss her but I would like to think it as a tribute to my previous one, I am making sure one more dog does not have to spend his life in a shelter. My previous one was rescued too and I cannot imagine her living a diabetic life in that shelter. She would have been put down a long time back.

Although, i am aware that a lot of things go into getting a new dog and needs to be a well thought decision. Good luck with whatever you decide and i wish you courage and strength.

walkerwally1

96 (5.32) this morning.  They said it would be cooler and they didn't lie, 24° (-4.44°C) at 6:00 AM.  On top of that it is windy and yeah Barbara, I also hate the wind but it's April and it is usually windy here.
@Tamagno, great that you have gotten rid of the C and can concentrate on the other things.  It's good to have a plan.
CCD, we will certainly look for another dog but not for a while.  We still have the Rott and he keeps us company. 
You are right about ignorance is bliss and one of the diabolic things about Diabetes is that it takes a long time for complications to show and all that time damage is happening.  I have had D for 24 years and I still test 4-5 times a day because I want to know what is going on.  I don't worry about what other people do or what they say. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024