You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

43 (2.38) this morning. 

Tamagno - I'm very glad to hear you feel well enough to attend your church service today.  I'm sure your friends will be more than happy to see you there.

My hubby has started planting his garden and the weather is absolutely cooperating for a change.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this mostly clear morning, 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.
  I strayed a little at the hot food bar at the grocery store Friday and Saturday.  Back on track today...

Tamagno, great fbg #!  So glad to hear you are well enough to go to church!!

No planting here yet, tonight's low is predicted to be 26°F (-3.3°C).

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

@John, Great Fasting number. It's great to see things normalising for you.

@Paulomi, The Indian Diabetes spread is grossly understated because of lack of medical facilities in rural India and a lack of understanding in the majority of the medical profession. I reported 125/157 (Fasting/PP) in 2005, yet my Dr failed to diagnose me and put me on a corrective path. Just last evening, I was consulted by someone who thinks she is "borderline Diabetic" with PP numbers of 260+.

Keeping the above in mind, The notion that diabetes strikes only after 50, would need a relook at. I'd say one needs to be cautious and alert after 35. Here, we're talking only T2 and not keeping MODY into consideration.

My morning number 119.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 09, 2017, 08:42:29 AM
I sometimes go into self pity because I am struggling with this earlier than a lot of people.

I have a different outlook. I think that I am lucky that I get to eat my favourite foods and that it keeps me far more healthier than my non-D friends who can eat anything, but might pay for it with something else far more deadlier, somewhere down the line.

Tamagno, Great news from your side everyday. Keep it going.

I was at 80 before dinner last evening and 90 this morning.   
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

109 today morning. I ate reasonably well yesterday but ate a small bowl of upma (with sweet corn and green peas) and that put me at 225 at 1.5 hours and 130 at 2 hours. I would not have caught the 225 spike if i just tested at 2 hours. Sweet corn, i knew, was not a good idea. But there were just a few on it so i thought i will get by. Apparently, they are permanently off the list. I do not like them much too so not an issue.

Rocky- It is great that you feel that. I am okay with the food in general. We do not cook non veg at home so it gets tougher for me to eat at home. But more than that taking care of myself seems to be an additional job. It should be a priority but with work and home and 2 toddlers, there are days i barely get through. But things are improving and they are getting older and more understanding. And i love the way they hover over me when i test.

SKB- I agree that diabetes care in India needs to improve. Also our diet. I know people who are diabetic but "need" to have roti, rice, vegetable, dal, farsan (a fried item usually), and a sweet to end a meal. They say that they do not feel a meal is complete without it. I have been born and brought up in such a household and it took me awhile to just have a one dish meal for lunch/dinner. Yesterday I had homemade paneer tikka for dinner. Few years back it would just have been a side dish.

The lifestyle has become so sedentary and the meals are still the same in carbs or maybe more...

Tamagno- great numbers!

Tamagno

211 this morning.

Indian friends, while better diagnostics would be great, it does not assure better treatment.

In hospital, on the cardiac ICU I had three different roommates (the last an Indian gentleman). All were diabetic, elderly men, type 2 and on at least two oral diabetic meds plus impressively aggressive insulin regimens.

All were on "diabetic diets" and all ate (my estimate) about 100 carbs/meal. One habitually asked for snacks of potato chips or crackers which he was given.

Sadly, it's going to take tremendous effort and likely time to intervene on the treatment side. We are fortunate to be among the advance guard.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on April 10, 2017, 07:42:29 AM
Sadly, it's going to take tremendous effort and likely time to intervene on the treatment side. We are fortunate to be among the advance guard.

Sadly.
You should have invited them over to the forum. Maybe, they would have changed their ways. We can impart information and hope. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

114 (6.3) this morning.

Hubby planted potatoes, parsnips and lettuce over the weekend.  He loves potatoes and he is non-diabetic so he can eat them freely.  I'm anxious for this lettuce to grow to maturity as home-grown lettuce is so tasty compared to store bought.

We also had our windows open yesterday as it was such a nice day with a gentle breeze.  It felt so good after being closed all winter.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

84 (4.65) this morning.  A couple of degrees warmer this morning but at 28° (-2.2°C) still below freezing.  At least the wind has died down and it looks clear and sunny today but no open windows here !   ;)
My experience in the hospital is that they have no understanding of trying to control bg by diet.  They just feel all they need to do is give you a shot of insulin if the bg is too high and they don't have any idea of when to test, just at random intervals.  The nurses have guidelines to follow and will not listen to you.  It is sad and one of the reasons I wanted out as soon as possible. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on April 10, 2017, 10:28:50 AM
Hubby planted potatoes, parsnips and lettuce over the weekend.  I'm anxious for this lettuce to grow to maturity as home-grown lettuce is so tasty compared to store bought.
When we were able to garden, the lettuce was one of my favorite things! We ate wilted lettuce by the gallon because it would use up so much more by wilting it. Otherwise I could never get rid of it all!  ;D

http://recipecircus.com/recipes/DiabeticPub/SALADandDRESSING/Wilted_Lettuce.html

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this mostly clear morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

We grow some vegetables at our farm, but hardly anything at home. So the veggies come in only once a week and then get distributed to near and dear ones who live close by. Having home grown vegetables ensures that the stuff is genuine and there is no artificial/chemical ripening involved. However, most of the seeds available now are of the hybrid variety and that in itself is a put-off.

BG was recorded as 92 pre-dinner and 120 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

82 before dinner last evening and 91 this morning's fasting. Looks like the numbers have stabilised again after a break from the gym for a few days. Should I consider dropping one metformin pill. I take 2 x 250 mg now.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

A surprising 124 today morning despite eating low carb yesterday. I am still fighting off the cold infection so could be that. Am shedding a lot of weight and my husband was giving me jealous looks today morning.

I have staretd calling myself 'borderline diabetic' than 'pre-diabetic' when i interact with people now. It makes me feel sad  :(

Tamagno

127 this morning.

SKB, I frequently direct people here, but I fear many of my fellow seniors aren't terribly computer literate! I've known a few to come lurk, but...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost