You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on April 14, 2017, 07:02:37 AMI convinced my Big Pharma friend to try LCHF last fall with a resulting weight loss of 40 lbs. so far.

Works every time it's tried...

Carbcrazydog

112 today morning.

Thanks for the recipes! I will be trying some soon.

Shanny- I make the salad minus the croutons. I like it just like that with lots of garlic mayonnaise.

The doctor prescribed glucerna when i was pregnant. 2 scoops in half cup milk. It has worked well for my numbers so far. It is the only thing that fills me up so much that i do not crave anything- even if a cheesecake is cut in front of me. I hate the taste though- have just tasted the vanilla one which is lowest in carbs.

It is an interesting take on metformin. I will take a call on it once i reach my ideal weight. 5 more kgs to go.

bigskygal

75 (4.16) this mostly cloudy morning, 79 (4.38) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Shanny, that's a great "Like" icon. Please add it to the existing smilies.

108 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

I'll try - if I can remember how.  :-\

rocky

Quote from: Tamagno on April 14, 2017, 07:02:37 AM
I convinced my Big Pharma friend to try LCHF last fall with a resulting weight loss of 40 lbs. so far.

Works every time it's tried...

That is fantastic. I have lost 32 lbs and now my weight does not drop any more, though I would still like to lose a few lbs. But convincing someone from the pharma industry is a great feat.

BG readings, 77 last evening and 91 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

108 today morning. I literally was starving yesterday whole day because I thought i will eat when i have a little time for myself. I had my breakfast meal at midnight. A lot of socializing. I popped a few low carb stuff in between just to sustain. RAW Pressery juices has come out with a lot of stuff in India and most are high in carbs except for a mix vegetable soup i found which had 3 carbs per 250 ml. Lowest i have seen because it has spinach + bottle gourd+ onion. It was not very tasty and pricey for 100 INR per bottle. But it filled me up totally. So i have something for emergencies now.

SKB- I checked your blog. It is very interesting and I subscribed to it. It shows your picture and it is so different than the one in my head that it will take time for me to adjust to it :)

Rocky- great numbers!

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 15, 2017, 01:21:40 AM
SKB- I checked your blog. It is very interesting and I subscribed to it. It shows your picture and it is so different than the one in my head that it will take time for me to adjust to it :)

Thanks. That picture is an old one. Now that I am a grandpa I don't colour my hair anymore.
The blog was written specifically for an Indian audience. I haven't added any posts in a long long time. My next one on Metabolic Acidosis is ready, but I am waiting to do one more scan on myself to determine if my kidney stones are completely gone. Once confirmed, I'll put it up. In the meantime you are welcome to give any comments or suggestions that may occur to you. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

69 this morning.

I suspended insulin and ate a little grape juice with breakfast and 20 minutes later am 85. Now I have to convince everything to settle down.

Glad your hip is healing nicely, Wally. I sure know what you mean about doctor appointments!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

88 (4.88) this morning.  Well, 28° (-2.22°C) this morning.  I'm so tired of overnight lows below freezing but the reality is that up at this altitude we can have freezing temps into May and even sometimes in June.  Because of that it is not worth while to plant before June, BTDT.
@Tamagno, yeah, sometimes it is amazing how many doctors I have on my schedule just to try and keep healthy.  On the other hand I am glad that they are there for problems that come up. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

I seem to remember from all the years we lived in Colorado, that the only month of the entire year when they had no record of snowstorms, was AUGUST!  :o  My own recollection is of snow in April one year, and a horrific blizzard in September another year.

walkerwally1

We have had snow in June a couple of times since I lived here.  Just one day and only a dusting but, still, June.   :D
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

81 (4.49) this partly cloudy morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

Have had snow in June here several times.  Nights are still below freezing, but days getting up to 50's or high 40's. 

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Just reading about all the snow makes me feel "comfortable". We are scorching in the low 40o C already. The rains, if they arrive on time are at least 50-60 days away.

BG recorded at 86 pre-dinner yesterday and 111 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Carbcrazydog

104 today morning after the potluck dinner. I am very uncomfortable when there are too many people in a confined space. I start to get very nervous. People think i am claustrophobic but i think it is a kind of social anxiety. I do not function well with small talk and more than five people in one room. Plus (call me a feminist) but i feel very frustrated when a room full of men sit and snack and watch cricket while the women are busy cooking and heating and serving meals. Most of the women i meet accept it as that is the way it has been (changing but at a snail's pace). I feel very lost in someone else's kitchen trying to figure out what to do. I can ace my kitchen. And only mine.

Anyways, made decent choices in the meal. Got a lot of "you atleast can have a little of this and that" and "somedays it is okay to let go" but no one went overboard. They all obviously did not understand. And i did not try. The banana walnut cake almost made me slip though....