You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Just last month I was introduced to the most delicious dessert I'd had in my entire LIFE, at our favorite German restaurant, and I asked the waiter what it was called. (it was my birthday and I ate it, but I didn't have the courage to test that night!) Then having the name of it, I came home to google it, and here's what I found. For 'only' $7995, I can buy it online! https://www.sweetstreet.com/store/buy-cakes-molten-baby-bundts-online/salted-caramel-vanilla-crunch-cake.html So if any of you have that kind of discretionary income, go for it & you won't be disappointed!

Tamagno

173 this morning.

As for desserts, I enjoyed watching three seasons of "The Great British Bake Show" on Netflix.

Lots of goodies, but nothing for us! I am, however going to try making a cauliflower pizza crust...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

81 this morning.

Shanny - your special dessert looks 'tempting' and I'm glad you enjoyed its delectable taste.  As for everyday desserts, I'm looking forward to a bowl of rhubarb crunch if I can figure out how to substitute almond flour for wheat flour.  Either one likes rhubarb or you don't and since we have a ton of it growing in the garden, we both love it here.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  Kind of pigged out last night so not unexpected. 
Windy as all get out yesterday.  We had winds of 30-35 MPH and gusts to 45 MPH according to my weather station.  It seems to have calmed down a lot today but is supposed to start up again tomorrow.
I don't do desserts any more, I can't deal with any of the lower carb substitutes.  I have tried and it just isn't worth it.  I am much better off just not even trying to get away with any type of dessert.  I do make fat bombs for a sweet treat and I have purchased Adapt bars and they are OK but kind of pricy.  I think if I would have found LCHF 20 years ago I would have preserved more of my ability to handle carbs but I followed doctors advice and orders for all of that time.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

68 (3.77) tis mostly clear morning, 79 (4.38) at bedtime last night.

I used to love strawberry rhubarb pie in the pre diabetes days. Any more I don't do desserts.  I may
have a square of extra dark chocolate (90%+) but no cake or cookies or anything like that.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: Tamagno on April 25, 2017, 07:06:55 AM
I am, however going to try making a cauliflower pizza crust...

Tamagno, good choice. I'm going to stick with you. No desserts here as well.

Reporting a 79 for the before dinner last evening and a 90 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

103 this morning.

We sure aren't seeing much sun around here this spring, but it's still a little early, I suppose.

Going to see the cardiologist this afternoon. I'm hoping my heart has settled back into its normal rhythm and that I can lose a couple more drugs!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

87 (4.82) this morning.  We have seen quite a bit of sun this spring and warmer temps. but we also have seen wind, which is normal for this area.  Wind advisory today starting this afternoon through tonight. 
Off to my eye doctor this morning for my annual exam.  I had to put it off due to my hip fracture but it is only a couple of months late.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

77 (4.27) this morning.  It is raining here, not a downpour, just a nice gentle rain and it looks to be the kind that might last for a while.  It is the type of rain that makes it inviting to go back to bed...........
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Our rains stopped for two whole days - just long enough for our yard man to get over here & mow for us, which was badly needed. So much rain combined with cool temperatures makes the grass grow like crazy! So he came & mowed yesterday . . . and today it's raining again!

rocky

82 last evening and 92 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

62 (3.43) this drizzly morning, 72 (3.99) at bedtime last night.

Light rains here mostly over night.  My yard people sold their business this winter and I have left a message for the new owners, but no response yet.  Sigh, I really liked the old company.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

124 today morning after a small piece of birthday cake yday.

Glad to have my strips back. I ordered 2 boxes of 50 strips and they just sent 1. so now they have to refund the amount and then i will have to re-order.

Shanny- that cake slice looked so awesome! I have no idea about how the pricing is in US but (if i convert that into INR), that cake slice would cost me a meal of 4 people in the most high end restaurant here. :) 

Shanny

That's about right on pricing, Paulomi! When I was served it at our restaurant, it was free, since it was my birthday.  ;D

Carbcrazydog

Shanny- so i now know where i need to be on my birthday  :D