You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

155 this morning.

Not free yet, but the feeding tube got cut back to just 8 hours a day!

The cardiologist added some meds, but I think that's all going to go away soon.

Rainy again here. Good day to make cauliflower crust pizza...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 (5.0) this morning.  Windy as all get out yesterday going to the eye doctor.  It is a 75 mile drive but I have been going to this Optometrist for over 15 years and really like him.  The only one nearby that accepts my insurance is a real jerk so I don't mind the drive and I can go to Costco !  Eyes are healthy and no change in my vision at all.  This has been the case since my cataract surgery and lens replacement. 
Supposed to be windy again today but the temp. is not bad.  We made it up to 72° (22.2°C) yesterday and should be about the same today. 
@Tamagno, well, 8 hours out of 24 is better than 24 out of 24 so at least you will get some break.  Hope things continue to improve. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

101 (5.6) this morning.

Rainy here yesterday and again today.  The weatherman gave his forecast through the weekend and to no ones surprise he said 'rain'.  We won't see sun again until next Tuesday - maybe.

John - Good news on the reduction of feeding tube time.  Have fun making the cauliflower pizza and let us know how it turns out for you?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

We're all gonna need our galoshes for awhile longer, because we still have thunderstorms in the forecast for tonight & tomorrow, and then starting all day Saturday & all day Sunday the weather chart labels "Heavy Rain". So more than likely the river will come up & flood again. I guess it's just spring in Missouri USA! 

bigskygal

74 (4.1) this partly cloudy morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

That is good news Tamagno!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on April 27, 2017, 07:12:40 AM
Not free yet, but the feeding tube got cut back to just 8 hours a day!

Great news John.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

@tamagno, really good news. It will go away completely, soon enough.

BG 80 before dinner and 93 fasting
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Great news- Tamagno!

110 today morning. Resisted a vada pav ( fried potato fillings with spicy chutney and in between breads) and a samosa which they gave us in a conference today. Had a salad with lots of mayo for dinner.

I want to try the cauliflower crust pizza sometime soon now.

FIL is doing much better and they decided against putting a pacemaker for now. They are changing his meds and monitoring him. He still has giddy spells but hopefully the new medication should make a difference.

skb

For those who may not know, this is a vada / pav. Vada is a potato burger and the pav is an Indian bun.

[attachment id=0]

I sometimes (like once in 3 months) have a vada, but I avoid the Pav.

[attachment deleted by admin]
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Oh my! Fried potato on a bun would be so right up my alley! LOL!  `8) 

Tamagno

166 this morning.

Vada reminds me somewhat of a sandwich I got in Paris one time. Advertised as "Sandwich American" I was expecting a burger. What I got was a baguette filled with French fries and slathered with mayo. Vada looks better...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

93 (5.15) this morning.  Well, the wind should be out of here for now and it should be warming up a bit starting tomorrow. 
I'm sorry, the bun is bad enough but to add potato to it is a disaster.  If you are committed to LCHF I believe this is the kind of thing that you have to put on a "never again" list but that's just me. 
@Tamagno, I don't know what recipe you are using for cauliflower pizza crust but I found a couple on line and it looks worthwhile to try.  I did make pizza crust with cheese and almond flour that worked OK but I want to try this.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: skb on April 28, 2017, 02:48:18 AM
For those who may not know, this is a vada / pav. Vada is a potato burger and the pav is an Indian bun.

[attachment id=0 msg=8800]

This picture with my midnight cravings is no good. Need to make a salad before i slip :)

Grammabear

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 28, 2017, 02:33:37 PM
Quote from: skb on April 28, 2017, 02:48:18 AM

[attachment id=0 msg=8800]

This picture with my midnight cravings is no good. Need to make a salad before i slip :)

I guess I'm glad that the vada isn't available in my town because I would have big Trouble resisting the temptation once in a while.   :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this partly cloudy morning, 81 (4.49) at bedtime last night.

Baby is coming!!  Labor started this morning, but going slow.  Baby's name is Eliza Ann can hardly wait to see her!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.