You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

103 (5.71) this morning.  Considering I am living on hospital food I am quite happy with that. 
Another storm coming through today and tomorrow.  Rain here in town but should be snow at home. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Grammabear! 78 (4.32) this partly cloudy morning, 79 (4.38) at bedtime last night.

Another inch of new snow over night.  The snow is sparkling in the sunlight it looks so pretty!  Right now it is 2°F (-16.66°C) the forecast low for tonight is 6°F oops! Think we are going lower tonight!!

I do take a Berberine supplement which also has some Vit C and Zinc in it.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on January 12, 2017, 07:51:29 PM
Snap Grammabear! 78 (4.32) this partly cloudy morning, 79 (4.38) at bedtime last night.

Another inch of new snow over night.  The snow is sparkling in the sunlight it looks so pretty!  Right now it is 2°F (-16.66°C) the forecast low for tonight is 6°F oops! Think we are going lower tonight!!

I do take a Berberine supplement which also has some Vit C and Zinc in it.

Don't mind a 78 all by itself, but with a downward arrow and the fact that I could have "slept longer" I was 'annoyed' with my Dexcom and my blood sugar.

Weather here was 21 deg and freezing rain outside...not a nice day at all.  There's always hope for tomorrow though, as long as it isn't the white 'stuff'.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Tonight I was up at 2:00 and had those berberine leaves. Stopped DP right in its tracks. 102 today, down from 132 yesterday.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Skb, that's a very good example of DP in action.

95 for me today.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

116 today morning. 

was good yesterday night despite cravings setting in.

Kids have an off today due to sankranti  (kite festival). there is not much kite flying where I live now but the place I was born and brought up in used to celebrate it with such pomp. we used to be up on the terraces at 5 am with stereos and loud speakers.  used to fly kites till evening with latest songs playing out loud. sesame ladoos was a must for snacking. and at night we had tukkals in the sky. they are paper lamps with candle lit onside tied to the kite thread. so at night when  u can't see the kites, u can see all those lamps flying in the sky.

miss those days!

starsign

Quote from: skb on January 12, 2017, 08:55:52 PM
Tonight I was up at 2:00 and had those berberine leaves. Stopped DP right in its tracks. 102 today, down from 132 yesterday.

skb, you are supposed to give me that plant. Hope you remember ?

AJ had some nasty numbers for which I can see no reason. Nothing out of the way, and no sins committed. Yet he was 99 last evening and 118 today morning.

~ins~
Partner of a Diabetic T2

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on January 13, 2017, 01:45:06 AM
there is not much kite flying where I live now but the place I was born and brought up in used to celebrate it with such pomp. we used to be up on the terraces at 5 am with stereos and loud speakers.  used to fly kites till evening with latest songs playing out loud. sesame ladoos was a must for snacking. and at night we had tukkals in the sky. they are paper lamps with candle lit onside tied to the kite thread. so at night when  u can't see the kites, u can see all those lamps flying in the sky.

miss those days!

I know. And we are trying to build consensus on trying to stop or curtail this. Only because 1000s of birds lose their lives each year by flying into the kite strings.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

Quote from: starsign on January 13, 2017, 04:23:50 AM
skb, you are supposed to give me that plant. Hope you remember ?

Yup. I've asked for it. Give me a few days.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

193 this morning.

Grammabear, I'll be happy to throw my G5 and Omnipod into the trash as well!

I did discover that a couple of my other meds can cause high glucose (antibiotic and pain killers). Fortunately, both will be gone shortly...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on January 13, 2017, 07:30:56 AM
193 this morning.

Grammabear, I'll be happy to throw my G5 and Omnipod into the trash as well!

I did discover that a couple of my other meds can cause high glucose (antibiotic and pain killers). Fortunately, both will be gone shortly...

144 this morning.

Tamagno ~ I shall join you in pitching the Dexcom and my pump into the trash today.  The same basal rates that gave me a 78 with a down arrow yesterday, today gave me a 144 with an angled arrow this morning.  I am thinking it is the spot where I put the infusion site.  Today I will change it out to a different location and see what happens.  Diabetes is a most "fickle" disease.  In your case, you just have to ride it out with the other meds and pain killers.  Do the best you can and give yourself a break on everything else. 

My stress level yesterday caused my glucose numbers to rise to 278.  I'm dealing with an iphone that has not worked right since I bought it and a carrier (Boost Mobile) that does not want to honor the guarantee that came with the phone.  Most aggravating!!!
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on January 12, 2017, 11:49:14 AM
103 (5.71) this morning.  Considering I am living on hospital food I am quite happy with that. 
Another storm coming through today and tomorrow.  Rain here in town but should be snow at home.

You must be doing a lot of things right to have good numbers on hospital food.  Wishing you the very best and a speedy recovery so you can once again return home.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on January 13, 2017, 09:36:24 AM
Quote from: walkerwally1 on January 12, 2017, 11:49:14 AM

You must be doing a lot of things right to have good numbers on hospital food.  Wishing you the very best and a speedy recovery so you can once again return home.
Well, I'm not bothering to eat a lot of what they send me.  Dietician and I came to an understanding and I am getting a double portion of meat but they still serve things like fruit, bread and deserts.  Still I seem to manage.
106 this morning.  It's raining here today and probably snowing at home.  Should be sunny tomorrow.  Another storm is supposed to be coming next week and it looks like it  could be large.  I should be home by then.  Release is still set at Tuesday 1/17.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

I wonder if hospitals will ever serve LCHF food to patients who want to eat that way. I won't be surprised if it does happen in the next 5 years.
I must tell you all that even in Mumbai many keto-dietitians have sprung up & they are making tons of money. There are a few with YouTube video blogs as well.

Today I got a little delayed with my nocturnal berberine adventure & find myself at 126.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

97 Fasting today.

I would be surely glad if that happened in the next 5 years.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.