You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

93 this morning.  We finished mowing our lawn finally yesterday however it took us 4+ hours to do it.  It looks really nice today and I guess the neighbors approve too being as they have already mowed their lawns twice.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this cloudy showery morning, 95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.

I was talking to my son yesterday (it was his birthday) they were on the way to see baby Eliza.  His oldest daughter is graduating in June and I hope to be there.  She was accepted at several colleges around the country and chose to come to Montana State U!!  Yay!!  She will only be about 4 hours away from me!!  And I'm sure her Mom and Dad will be visiting her so I may get a lot more family time!! ;D

It rained in the morning but now is clear and sunny.  It got up ti 55°F (12.7°C).

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on May 07, 2017, 07:44:06 PM
I was talking to my son yesterday (it was his birthday) they were on the way to see baby Eliza.  His oldest daughter is graduating in June and I hope to be there.  She was accepted at several colleges around the country and chose to come to Montana State U!!  Yay!!  She will only be about 4 hours away from me!!  And I'm sure her Mom and Dad will be visiting her so I may get a lot more family time!! ;D

That is really nice Barbara. Hope you get a lot of high quality family time with them.

Since yesterday was a Sunday and I had a small lunch, I didn't test pre-dinner. But I really controlled portions for dinner and woke up to a 105 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

79 last evening before dinner, 90 this morning fasting.

@tamagno, cold infections can be very irritating and do throw my BG off course. Take care.
@bsg, great news.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

115 yesterday morning, Did not check today. Bought 5-6 Indian dresses yesterday. So i feel rich today.

Ate garlic naan yesterday....Skipped the rice but the naan itself is much more than i should have had. 183 post lunch :( Had a reasonable salad dinner post that.

walkerwally1

81 (4.49) this morning.  Well, no rain and certainly no snow here yesterday and although it was 32° (0°C) this morning a couple of hours ago it's bright and sunny today and warming up. 
Barbara, great news.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this partly cloudy morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

I may be more excited about her going to college than she is!! No, probably not, but close!  :)

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on May 08, 2017, 01:01:37 AM
Ate garlic naan yesterday....Skipped the rice but the naan itself is much more than i should have had. 183 post lunch :( Had a reasonable salad dinner post that.

Paulomi, I've seen that quite regularly you shoot into the higher Numbers, but stabilise and return to better numbers soon. If I went into the 180s, I'd take 4-5 days limping back into the normal. Do you have a recent A1c number ? It may tell more than your BG numbers.

I woke up around 2 am & had my berberine leaves & my thyroxine at that time, hoping to arrest DP. But they seem to have contributed to BG, taking me to 115. I had a very early dinner at 7pm and it is just possible that I may have been on the upswing at that time, considering 7 hours had passed since the last meal.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

I skipped all the bad things at an office party yesterday, but had just one small piece of cake (umm maybe 2). Though I had a really super 76 prior, I woke up with a 92 today morning.  :'(

walkerwally1

92 (5.10) this morning.  We did get rain yesterday, 0.02 inches, so it did get the concrete a little wet it was a very tiny amount.  It looks like sunny and warming up for the rest of the month.
I got the results from my blood test back and it looks pretty good to me :
Cholesterol      163
LDL                  98
HDL                  59
Trig                108
VLDL                22

The big thing for me was the Trigs that were over 500 last time.  My doctor put me on Fenofibrate and that seems to have helped.
CBC shows I am still anemic although my doctor says "slightly anemic" and that has been the case since I was in the hospital.  I have an appointment with her tomorrow so I will discuss this further then. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

101 this morning and today I have an appointment with the diabetes educator from my Endo's office.  Not exactly looking forward to it....:(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Great numbers Wally. I haven't had a routine test for a very long time now. Maybe next month.

BG was 88 pre-dinner and 113 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

78 last evening before dinner and 91 this morning.

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: skb on May 08, 2017, 10:55:34 PM
Paulomi, I've seen that quite regularly you shoot into the higher Numbers, but stabilise and return to better numbers soon. If I went into the 180s, I'd take 4-5 days limping back into the normal. Do you have a recent A1c number ? It may tell more than your BG numbers.

I have not got the A1C done yet. I keep on thinking I will get it done when i have been eating consciously for a few months. Maybe i should get it done now. I am a little apprehensive of the number it will throw up.

A few months back, this garlic naan would have put me at 200+ for sure. Controlled eating for most of the days gives me a lesser than what-it-would-have-been spike when i fall face forward in carbs. I am okay avoiding carbs these days but chocolates are still my weakness.

It is super hot here so most of the days i am gulping down lemonade with stevia. Trying to go easy on that diet coke. Mom being here means there is always lemonade in the fridge. Caramel pudding for the kids and lemonade with stevia for me :)

Did not check today. Was super late. But was 127 yesterday after having rice and sambhar for dinner

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on May 10, 2017, 01:29:31 AM
I have not got the A1C done yet. I keep on thinking I will get it done when i have been eating consciously for a few months. Maybe i should get it done now. I am a little apprehensive of the number it will throw up.

Edited the above post to set the Quote Box right.

I have been guilty on many occasions, of not getting the A1c done, waiting for BG numbers to improve. But, that is the whole point of the test. To know how your BG is behaving over a 24 hour period x last 3-4 months. There should be no guilt or shyness/shame attached to it. It will push you to work harder. If my hunch is right, it won't be a very bad number. I'd say, go for it.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club