You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

101 (5.6) this morning.

I was 57 when diagnosed with diabetes T2 and when the oral medications didn't work, the doctor accused me of not taking them!  I then asked for a referral to an Endocrinologist and the doctor refused, saying "He isn't going to tell you anything that I haven't already told you."  I was able to get an appointment with a Endocrinologist anyway who then ran tests that said I was T1.  He gave me insulin and taught me how to use it.  My numbers began to improve almost immediately.

Unfortunately I didn't learn about LCHF until much later which I think is sad.  Many people can benefit from a reduction in carbs if they would only have faith in the method.

skb - My blood glucose has been affected many times by air temperature, humidity and warm showers.  I always test before and after a shower for that reason.  I found this link that may be of benefit in understanding this subject.  https://healthguides.healthgrades.com/tips-for-managing-diabetes/what-people-with-diabetes-should-know-about-hot-tubs
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this smoky morning, 91(5.04) at bedtime last night.

The wind has changed and the smoke from the fire north of me is filling the valley.  They say this fire will burn until September.  My contractor says or until we get rain or snow!!

Well, I hired the guy that has been so responsive.  Of course his quote was $3000 higher than what the ins paid me!  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

You'll just have to adopt the attitude my everlovin' has about our new block wall . . . saying he doesn't care what they charge us, he's just so happy that it's done and looks nice!  ;) 

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on July 25, 2017, 07:43:09 PM
87 (4.82) this smoky morning, 91(5.04) at bedtime last night.
Well, I hired the guy that has been so responsive.  Of course his quote was $3000 higher than what the ins paid me!  :(

Oh, I thought you had a little extra from the insurance company to carry out a few additional works.

126 today morning caused by a high pre-dinner number which happened because of a late (almost evening) lunch.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

I had to take a short work trip.Sadly, I had to eat airline food both ways. I tried keeping it as LC as possible. But you know airline food.

83 last evening before dinner and 102 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

Yeah, I just have to go with the flow..,whatever it takes to get everything back to normal.  And he is going to do a few "honey do" repairs that needed to be done, so I can't complain.  There was no extra left over...i had to go into my IRA to complete the repairs..
sux

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Carbcrazydog

128 today morning and 124 yesterday. The past week has been full of bad decisions. I find weekends very difficult to manage. But made a baked dish- paneer, mushroom and capsicum in white sauce loaded with cheese. So hoping my numbers should settle in a few days.

Sorry have been away. Was loaded with work since a few weeks. Hope everyone is doing well.

Tamagno

185 this morning.

Another dilation surgery tomorrow morning means nothing to eat but clear liquids yesterday and today. Hopefully, just one more of these after tomorrow; there's some scarring where they joined my remaining esophagus and stomach that shrinks as it heals so swallowing is hard. A fairly common complication that takes a few procedures to fix.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

91 (5.04) this morning.  It looks like the clouds and chance of rain are out of here for a while.  It may warm up a bit but only a couple of degrees. 
The move is coming up really fast.  Found out yesterday that the tenant will be out of the house by the end of this weekend.  We are planning to move the next weekend starting Friday the 4th.  I have an appointment with a new dermatologist today so I will be in town and can get some things done.  I need to get the internet connected and try to have no down time, or at least  as little as possible. 

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

93 this morning.

John - Best wishes for your next procedure and I hope you have smooth healing.

Wally - Good luck on the upcoming move.  There are lots of things to do and having Internet connection is important in my opinion.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this smoky morning. 80 at bedtime last night too.

Tamagno, hope everything goes smoothly for you procedure.

Wally, good luck with the move.  Hope it is easy.

Well, they are going to start tearing the roof off tomorrow.  Boo is going to be terrified.  Contractor says it will be done Sunday.  Then Monday the inside repairs start.  Contractor says all should be done by the following weekend.

skb, yes I did have some extra left from the tree removal, but that got eaten up by the other repairs.
  :(

skb

John, Good Luck with the procedure. Hope it goes smoothly.

Wally, Good Luck with moving house. Wish you the best of health, wealth & happiness in the new place. The internet is now an integral part of life & we cannot do without it. Remember, our forum is now mobile friendly if you need to check us out on the phones.

Tried some LC caramel custard last night. Turns out it is not so friendly after all. 132 fasting this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

Good luck John!

115 today morning. SKB- i was going to ask you for the LC dessert recipe but then read the rest of the high numbers sentence :(

If i could, i would live on food that is either too spicy or desserts.

rocky

Wally & Tamagno, Good Luck to both you guys.

82 yesterday before dinner and 95 this morning.  Been a busy week.
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

90 (4.99) this morning.  I went to a new Dermatologist yesterday.  A member of the same medical clinic that my primary is part of and is owned by the hospital.  He was not here when I retired and there was only one option.  I have some reservations about the dermatologist I was seeing so I wanted to try this one.  I have to say I like him so far.  No biopsies yesterday !  That is an improvement there alone.  Several pre-cancers frozen and he does a more thorough job of that.  So far so good.
The move is set for the 4th and 5th of August so right around the corner.  Internet will be installed on Saturday the 5th.  It will be a new experience because the only way to connect from where I live right now is by satellite and that is expensive and slow.  My new connection will be by cable and it will be about $40 cheaper plus way  faster.  From download speeds of 10Mbps to 100Mbps and a monthly cap of 50GB to 1000GB.  When we first moved here the only way to connect was by phone and after about 2 years I bought the equipment for satellite from Best Buy and installed it myself.  Then it was satellite for down only and still required a phone connection for upload.  Two way satellite came later and of course the cost was more.  It will be one of the benefits of moving. 
The move should not be bad, we have plenty of help and there is no rush to move a lot of small stuff.  It's going to take a few weeks of work on this place to get it ready to put on the market.  Nothing major but some clean-up, painting and the like.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"