You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

245 this morning.

Well, I guess I'm not moving to India! Prices sound comparable or higher to here. Ive always wondered how people afford these places and still have enough to live. Guess I should have gone into engineering or banking instead of music...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

Me neither, though Singapore is also a very expensive place.
Hope your able to consume harder solids now.

82 last evening and 93 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

79 (4.38) this morning.  Getting serious about moving now.  Started boxing stuff up and getting rid of more "stuff".  Fortunate to have a "dump" trailer.  It is pretty large with a hydraulic dump bed so it's easy do dump the trash.
This is going to go on for the rest of the week.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

82 this morning.

Today is a 'relaxing' day compared to yesterday when we spent 4+ hours mowing grass that had grown to 6" because of all the rain we received.  Hoping for a little less rain here this week.  Humidity is also better today, but still a good day for air conditioning.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this mostly clear with a hint of smoke morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

It is so nice to have a quiet day!! Went out and ran some errands.

Picked up my strip rx at the Post Office and I am furious with my pcp!! He renewed the rx for 1 strip a day!! 1 freaking strip!!  100 for 3 months!!!!!  I am going to call him on Monday and see if he will up it. He just doesn't get it that the testing is helping me to keep control.  Of course he considers me "cured". I may have to look for a new doctor that will understand that.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

1 strip per day is ridiculous even if you are "cured" per their definition. You still need to test. Hope you can have the doctor increase that or have another doctor who will. If neither happens, the best thing would be to use that 1 strip at different times each day to still keep tabs on your numbers.

126 today after a slice of chocolate cake at a birthday.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

I am so angry over this.  I am his only example of success and he wants to blow it. 

I have great rx coverage so it won't cost his practice/medicare anything...  I want to scream at this point...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Carbcrazydog

108 today morning. I will happily take it as my husband made pav bhaji for dinner yday and I made a sandwich of that with cheese and butter and had it. Still more carbs than i should have.

Husband rarely cooks but when he does he makes things well. Plus he will stand in front of me and ask at every bite how good it is. By the time i finish, he is with a phone in his hand asking me to call my mom and tell her how lucky I am that my husband cooks so well and for me.  ;D

Daughter is growing up to be a charmer. So loving this age. Son started doing his first word search puzzles and looks like will be an addict soon. Like mom like son.

rocky

Quote from: bigskygal on July 30, 2017, 11:37:46 PM
I am so angry over this.  I am his only example of success and he wants to blow it.

BSG, you have every reason to be angry. Hope you are able to resolve it to your testing needs.

CCD, an Indian husband cooking is rare I believe. I may be wrong but that is the impression I got. And while I make that comment, I'm ashamed that I hardly do any cooking myself.

I was at 80 before dinner and 93 this morning. 
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

199 this morning.

Crazy glucose yesterday on account of changing the pod that carries the insulin for my pump. It seems not to kick in the first day resulting in a high of over 400 that I have to bolus to correct and then crashing to around 30. I'm calling another manufacturer (T-Slim) today to see if my insurance will pay to switch.

Wally, moving is a terrible chore, but I find myself a bit jealous and wish I were doing it myself.

Carbcrazy, I love to cook and do it nearly every day. My favorite YouTube views (besides exotic car shows) are about cooking. Currently I'm making lots of veggies based on Thai cuisine although availability of quality ingredients limits what I can do - similar affair with Indian food which I also love. I'll have to try standing over my wife and demanding compliments while she eats; sounds like fun!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on July 31, 2017, 01:20:20 AM
Husband rarely cooks but when he does he makes things well. Plus he will stand in front of me and ask at every bite how good it is. By the time i finish, he is with a phone in his hand asking me to call my mom and tell her how lucky I am that my husband cooks so well and for me.  ;D
Quote from: Tamagno on July 31, 2017, 05:33:24 AM
I'll have to try standing over my wife and demanding compliments while she eats; sounds like fun!

Me too. But all my in-laws know I like to cook (don't do it too often now) and I cook well. So, who should she call.
~tnk~
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

55 (3.05) this morning. 

I have started a series of therapeutic massage sessions to see if I can increase my flexibility and decrease my pain level.  Hard to tell if it is working at this point.

Barb - I hope you are able to resolve your test strip problem.  I would be tempted to search for a new doctor, one who has your best interest at heart.  Your numbers are excellent and I think you should be able to test more than once a day to keep them that way.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  Whew !  Boxing stuff up is a job and worked at it all day Saturday and Sunday.  More to do today and the rest of the week.  Yes, it is a lot of work but at the same time I'm getting a lot of organizing done that has been put off for so long.  I've been here 22 years and there is so much "stuff" that has been stuffed in a drawer, closet or elsewhere to be dealt with "later" so now in the chance to go through it all.
@Barbara, I don't blame you for being mad.  I don't have any helpful suggestions but maybe reasoning with your doctor could work.  I really don't know why doctors are so stupid about prescribing strips.  My old doctor would only prescribe one strip a day, period and that was one reason I left him.  My present primary was giving me a prescription for 4 a day and Medicare had no problem with that as long as I turned in a copy of my test log to my doctor at 6 month intervals.  Recently she changed it to only 2 tests a day and we will have to talk about that.  I test 4-5 times a day regardless so the difference has to be made up by me.  Fortunately I can get my strips on Amazon for about $0.22 a strip. 
@Grammabear, I hope the therapeutic massage sessions work well for you.  I will be interested to hear how it is doing.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

99 (5.48) this slightly smoky morning,
104 (5.76) at bedtime last night.  Stress related #'s I'm sure.

Fortunately I was successful with my dr re the strips.  He saw Medicare and only rx'd 1 strip a day as per their rules. But I don't use Medicare's drug program, I have an excellent private drug provider and they make no restrictions on any med I get.  So the nurse is putting in a new rx for 450 strips for the 3 month period which is what I got before and just about right on for my usage.  Phew!! One less thing to stress about!

walkerwally1

Glad you got it worked out Barbara.  Not something you have to care about but he is wrong that one strip a day is a Medicare rule.  So many doctors have that idea.  One strip a day for T2 and 3 strips a day for T1 is where Medicare starts.  If a doctor wants to prescribe more all they have to do is require you to give them a log every 6 months to show that you are actually using the strips.  They want to make sure that people aren't selling them instead of using them. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024