You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

104 this morning. 

Houseguests came as a surprise for my better half, and he sure wasn't expecting them.  Grandson thought the idea of 'surprising' Grandpa was hilarious.  First thing they did last night was make popcorn on top of the stove which the two of them consumed quickly!
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 (4.54) this morning.  There are a couple of wildfires going right now that are not that close but we are getting some smoke here.  Not too bad though but it can be.  We had a lot of rain this winter, and that is good for the trees but it also makes the grass grow like mad and is a real danger when the summer heat dries it out.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on August 12, 2017, 09:10:20 AM
First thing they did last night was make popcorn on top of the stove which the two of them consumed quickly!

Good thing that you didn't succumb to any temptation. I might have buckled.

93 pre-dinner last night & 115 fasting this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

94 (5.21) this really smoky morning, 101 (5.6) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

81 before dinner last evening and 90 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

84 this morning.

Grilled lamb and vegetables for dinner tonight. I've tried to think of a way to include popcorn in the menu, but somehow it just doesn't seem to fit...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

92 (5.10) this morning.  Temps are supposed to cool down starting tomorrow and may be under 100° for a couple of days, 98° and 99°, but then back up to 100°+.  Normal for August.  It's nice in the house with the cooler on but you don't want to spend a lot of time outside in the middle of the day.  I used to work outside in this heat every day during the summer and sometimes I wonder how I did it.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this cloudy morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night. My bg is all over the place lately...  :(

Actually briefly saw some blue sky this morning! Then the clouds came in and it rained lightly for 2 hours. I hope it rained a lot more in the fire areas!! Then the little breeze stopped and the smoke filled in the valley again.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I'm down with a throat infection and slight cold. I felt like having a hot cup of tea upon waking and didn't test today. Granddaughter is keeping me enthralled.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Sorry you're sick, but glad you have such sweet entertainment! <3

Tamagno

114 this morning.

Sorry you're sick, SKB, feel better!

Wally, I don't see how you worked out in the heat every day; it must be brutal labor.

Everything looks quiet here today. Good day to practice...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

Quote from: skb on August 13, 2017, 09:58:50 PM
Granddaughter is keeping me enthralled.

I am certain that she made you forget all about the infection.  ;D

83 before dinner last evening and 93 today morning.

I'm posting rather late in the day (for me). Office work has been keeping me very busy.
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

102 (5.65) this morning.  I don't know where that came from but oh well.  Especially when two hours after dinner I was at 86 (4.76)  so I'll keep an eye out for a bug. 
Tamagno, I worked maintenance for a desert State Park and you had to do a lot of the work outside and it could not be put off. It's amazing what you can adapt to and although it was quite hot it was tolerable.  You just had to come in every once in a while to cool down.  Winters were the opposite and temps could get quite cold.  It was not unusual to have temps in the low teens and the wind from the North was brutal.  Part of the challenge of working outside but the majority of the time it was really great to be outside.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

79 this morning.

Having houseguests for the weekend was a real treat.  I had forgotten how a teenager has a hearty appetite.  Grandson is autistic and has definite food favorites, one of which is popcorn.  He urged Grandpa to make popcorn more than once, which Grandpa seemed happy to do.  Now that they have returned home, the house is much TOO quiet and we miss them.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Boy do I remember those boys with 'hollow legs'! Not just my own two growing up, but a few years ago when middle grandson was still in high school, he brought a friend to visit for a weekend one time, and I was amazed at the food it takes. 'Course grandson is very tall - somewhere about 6'6", and it takes some serious sustenance to maintain a body that big, even if it's a skinny body!  ;D