You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on August 18, 2017, 10:28:06 AM
Wally - What is the humidity like when the temperature is in the 100s?  It sounds perfectly awful for it to be that hot.
Well, it is the desert so most of the time the humidity is low.  Recently it has been around 20% and the evaporative coolers work just fine.  At times we can get what the weather services call a Monsoonal flow and moist air comes up from Mexico and Central America and the humidity can get quite high.  Then the evaporative coolers just make it even more muggier. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on August 18, 2017, 10:28:06 AM
I've only just started a series of therapeutic massage sessions so I am not what you would called experienced.  I am told there is a difference between a relaxing and a therapeutic massage.

And I have never had a massage. I'm too ticklish to tolerate one.

John, hope you are able to eat your favourite foods soon. It's a good thing that this was the last one & you're done with it.

90 pre-dinner and 114 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

82 in the evening yesterday and 95 this morning.

@tamagno, very happy that your procedures are finally through and you can go back to eating normally again.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

This is the fire nearest me.  This photo was taken from North of the fire, I am South of the fire.  That's the air I get to breath...

[attachment deleted by admin]

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

150 this morning.

Bird feeders here attract bear like crazy, so my wife gave the usual ones up in favor of humming bird feeders (sugar water - what a diet!) and now this place is humming bird central. I'm curious to see how far into the fall they continue...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

91 (5.04) this morning.  Now they are predicting a "slight", 20%, chance of thunderstorms Monday and Tuesday.  Probably won't see anything but humidity will be higher.
Barbara, that picture is all too familiar.  Hope you can get some relief soon.
Tamagno, I really get a kick out of the Hummingbirds and usually have two feeders going.  Here we tend to have them all year long.  It can get pretty cold in the winter but they seem to do OK as long as they have food. 
Getting ready for the eclipse Monday.  Here it will be a partial, about 60%, but still worth watching.  I have my "eclipse glasses" in hand that I got from Orion Telescope so I am confident that they are good quality. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

163 this morning.

We have the occasional hummingbird visiting our hollyhock flowers and they also seem to like the impatien flowers my husband plants.  Our winters are usually much too cold for them and they begin to migrate starting in September.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Our hummingbirds usually arrive in April & leave in September or October. I remember when we first started feeding them many years ago, they came in flocks & were so feisty & territorial about the feeders that I thought it would be good to put up more feeders. That was a disaster! More and more birds came & were zipping back & forth across the porch from one feeder to another . . . we took our lives in our hands to step out there & not get dive-bombed! Now we have one large feeder & a decent size flock, but we try not to invite more . . . there's plenty of wild flora to keep them all well fed!   

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this smoky morning, 85 at bedtime last night too.

The fire exploded last night.  Added 9,000 more acres, it is up to 28,000 acres now. It got quite breezy here in the valley yesterday evening and up in the mountains it was strong winds.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

We have water for the birds in 3 small earthen cisterns all year round except in the monsoons when there are puddles of water everywhere. Once in a while a Kingfisher will show up, otherwise it's the usual city garden birds that frequent. Our resident squirrels also have a good time bathing in the water.

118 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on August 19, 2017, 07:06:21 PMThe fire exploded last night.  Added 9,000 more acres, it is up to 28,000 acres now. It got quite breezy here in the valley yesterday evening and up in the mountains it was strong winds.
It's just awful!  ???

Tamagno

177 this morning.

That fire sounds terrible; we hear little about it out here!

Another reason to eschew multiple humming bird feeders is the arrival of bees. Last evening my wife took down the feeders as the sugar is attracting the nasty little ground bees that come out in the fall. They also keep the birds away, so there's little point in the whole exercise, I think.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  I got a bit carried away with chili and onion on my cheeseburger last night, but it was good ! 
I have had bees on my hummingbird feeders once in a while but the hummingbirds don't seem to mind and they both get along.  Not a lot of bees though so there is room for both.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

68 this morning.

We mowed our lawn yesterday, only took us 4+ hours since we had not been able to mow for 3 weeks.

Our garden is starting to reward us for planting, watering and weeding.  We now have tomatoes, green beans and sweet bell peppers, in addition to fresh potatoes for hubby.  It is so delicious to have fresh vegetables to enjoy.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

93 (5.15) this smoky morning, 93 at bedtime last night.

Last night the smoke descended, it was so thick I could hardly see across the road.  With all the windows closed, it still permeated the house.  Today has been better as the weather is cooler and humidity up a bit. But now at 31,00 acres burned, one firefighter dead, one with a broken arm and only 2 homes and various out buildings destroyed it is a frightening event, but could be so much worse.

@Tamagn, google Lolo Peak Fire Montana to see what is going on here.