You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

First time i heard about cord of wood too. will have to look it up over how it measures.

104 today morning.

Rocky- get well soon. rest your foot as much as you can.

I have been eating a late dinner and because i usually test at 10 hours post last meal, i check my numbers after my gym workout. is that a reliable way to do it or should fasting be checked as soon you as wake up and before any major physical activity?

Tamagno

146 this morning.

A cord of wood is a fairly loose measure by volume generally defined by measurement. I forget exactly what, but roughly 4' x 8' x 22". It varies quite a bit. I usually pay around $200/cord delivered but not stacked. Stacking is a very big job! I always hope for the hardest wood possible and with luck that's usually oak here. There's a great deal of ash in this area though and I generally find a lot of that mixed in.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-a-Cord-of-Wood

A full cord neatly stacked should be 4' high x 4' wide x 8' long.

walkerwally1

85 (4.71) this morning.  It's going to be warming up and we may see 110° next week.  At any rate we will be over 100° for the next few days.  Then it should be getting a bit cooler.
Officially a cord of wood is 4 feet by 8 feet by 4 feet which equals 128 cubic feet.  The actual wood in a cord, because of irregularity of the pieces, is about 85 cubic feet.  It is not exact and it also depends on who you buy it from.  A lot of time when we were cutting our own all we could get was pine and it burns fast.  Occasionally we could get oak but that was rare.  There are a lot of Almond orchards around that have been taken out because of the drought and because the land was too valuable so there has been a lot of Almond for sale around here and that is a nice hard wood. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this very,very smoky morning; 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

The smoke is horrendous today!!

Rocky, take it easy and let the ankle heal before trying to do heavy exercise.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Living in a very hot place, firewood is something I can only spell, at best. I've traveled to my daughter's place (Budapest) in winter and they use electrical heaters under the wooden floor. But I guess a wooden fire would be exotic, though a lot of hard work.

Barbara, I hope the air clears out soon & offers you some respite.

Rocky, take it easy for a while. Sprains can linger for a very long time if ignored.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Thanks everyone. I am taking enough rest. I'm thinking of staying home and working from here today. I guess the sprain has also caused some upward movement in my numbers.

82 before dinner and 96 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

105 today morning. Gym seems to be helping.

My husband's grandmom is almost 80 and lives with us. I am so fond of her. She is feeling weak and tired all the time. Is a diabetic and has a high blood pressure. On medication for both. Today her post tea numbers (with sugar) were 170.

I worry about her. I worry about suddenly coming home and seeing her collapsed or something.

Get well soon Rocky. Barabara- I hope things settle soon with the smoke.

Ganesh Chaturthi tomorrow. Pretty festive here

Tamagno

140 this morning.

Ankle sprains can be slow to heal, Rocky, so taking it easy sounds a good plan.

Carbcrazy, having an elderly parent at home can be quite a challenge and adds yet another stressor to your already very busy life. I think it's wonderful that you have her with you, however, and am sure it must be a great blessing to her!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

87 (4.82) this morning.  Well, I didn't win the $758 million Powerball last night so I guess I won't get my yacht, sigh. 
I made another trip to the old house yesterday to get some of the last few things.  While I was up there I went to the animal shelter to see what they had for adoption.  Now we are settled in the new home I think it's time to look for a pal for the Rottweiler .  Saw a German Shepard/Queensland mix that was a real cutie and very friendly.  I think I will go back Friday and see if I can get her.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

109 this morning.

Wally - I envy you to be able to adopt a rescue dog.  Good Luck on choosing a name and maybe you could post a picture when the adoption is 'final'?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 87 (4.82) here this morning too. 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.

We had about 12 drops of rain yesterday evening and this morning enough rain to wet the driveway.  I sure hope there was more in the mountains. The air is better today but still can't see the blue sky. They say the fire will probably burn another month.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on August 24, 2017, 10:08:15 AM
Well, I didn't win the $758 million Powerball last night so I guess I won't get my yacht, sigh. 

Better luck next time. And when you do get that yacht, give me a shout. We'll go sailing together.
Adopting a dog is a noble cause. Yes, do share pictures.

92 pre-dinner and 116 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

The foot has healed quickly though I still limp a little.

82 before dinner and 92 fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

146 this morning.

I was going to buy my wife a new car with the powerball money, but guess I forgot to buy a ticket again...

By all means post photos of the new pup, Wally!