You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

Adopting dogs is my most favorite topic in the world to talk about. Please post a pic. I have always wanted to adopt two dogs at the same time- one brown and one white and call the brown one Kaju (cashew) and white one Badam (Almonds) - just to confuse people :)

117 today morning from a lab test. Higher because i had a little cheesecake for dessert yesterday. Finally got my H1AC done and it says 6.0

Rest of my results are below. Can anyone tell me what should i focus on or be concerned about:

FBS: 117 mg/dl
H1AC: 6.0
Cholesterol: 230
HDL-C: 58
LDL-C: 155
VLDL Cholesterol: 17
TRIGLYCERIDES: 83
CHOLESTEROL /HDL RATIO: 3.97
CHOLESTEROL /HDL RATIO: 2.7

Grammabear

94  this morning.

Our temperature this morning was 53F (11.6C) which is quite a shock from temperatures in the 80s F.  I guess the Fall season has started.  On my way to town yesterday I saw a Maple tree that has started to turn 'color' which definitely means Fall is right around the corner.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  For the South West USA next week in going to be HOT.  Expected to see 110° for a high at least one day.  Texas bracing for Hurricane Harvey and it looks like a major disaster.
I got my test results back from blood work I had done last week.  Glad to see that all results were in the normal range including trigs that were quite high last time.  A1c was 4.7% so I am doing well there.  I am still taking supplements as a result of the hypercalcemia but all electrolyte levels are in range. 
I am going up to the animal shelter this morning and expect to bring the dog back.  If I do I will certainly post pictures.  This house is on two lots so there is a large fenced yard for a dog to get exercise. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this morning, 83 (4.6) at bedtime last night.

Air quality is better today, but still smoky. I pretty much stay inside all day except for when I go out to feed the birds.

I have a miniature maple tree in the front yard that is turning red already too. 

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Paulomi, IMHO, the lab results are all very good. All you need to focus on is getting the A1c into the 5s. The lower, the better. The Cholesterol numbers are all good. Were other tests also carried out ? I ask because most of the home service labs offer much larger 'packages' these days. If so, you could post the other numbers as well.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Great results Wally and CCD. I hope I'm somewhere in between with the A1c.

80 before dinner last evening and 93 this morning. My ankle has healed well and I have the weekend off, so I'll be perfectly fit by Monday morning.

BSG, good to hear about the air clearing out a bit. Hope you get some more rain. 
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

109 this morning.

Grammabear, we've got the cool weather also today with only 51 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. It was beautiful yesterday with clear skies which made a perfect day for me to finish mowing.

Wally, that's good news both for your health and the new pup!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

130 (7.2) this morning - guess I ate too many nuts last evening.

We have 61 degrees this morning with a high of 75 expected today.  No matter what we get, it sure has to be better than the folks that live in Texas.  I feel deeply sorry for the inevitable flooding that will hit that area.

Tamagno - Having nice comfortable weather makes the task of mowing a whole lot easier doesn't it?  We usually mow every 2 weeks as it does take a lot of energy to complete our job plus gasoline for the mowers is getting more and more expensive.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  Watching the damage from Hurricane Harvey and Texas really got slammed.  The next few days are going to be bad as the storm is going to stay in place and tons of rain and flooding. 
I did pick up the dog yesterday and she is doing quite well.  Her and my Rottweiler are getting along just fine and she is fíttíng in nicely.  Found out she does like shoes and this morning there were all kinds of shoes dragged into the living room and chewed on a bit.  Well, she is a puppy and we will just have to learn to close the closet doors.  Her name is Mia and a picture of her and my Rottweiler
[attachment id=0 msg=10379]

[attachment deleted by admin]
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Carbcrazydog

I love love her walkerwally. I am so glad you got her. Mia is a beautiful name.

skb- I am going to work towards getting the H1AC to 5%. I did not go for the package. I just went with a friend's husband who is in denial over his sugars. I dragged him along for the test and got his test done too. The lab guy mistakenly mailed me both the reports and i went into a shock seeing H1AC as 10.8%. I later realized that it was not my report and was so relieved.

He is still in denial and is in the 'i cannot give up on food' zone. I am trying to get him to see the right way but it is difficult when you are not really close friends and just acquaintances...

Grammabear

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on August 26, 2017, 11:28:49 AM
I love love her walkerwally. I am so glad you got her. Mia is a beautiful name.

skb- I am going to work towards getting the H1AC to 5%. I did not go for the package. I just went with a friend's husband who is in denial over his sugars. I dragged him along for the test and got his test done too. The lab guy mistakenly mailed me both the reports and i went into a shock seeing H1AC as 10.8%. I later realized that it was not my report and was so relieved.

He is still in denial and is in the 'i cannot give up on food' zone. I am trying to get him to see the right way but it is difficult when you are not really close friends and just acquaintances...

CCD - Sometimes it is sad and frustrating when a friend is in denial.  My sister had her A1C done and hers was 13.8.  I've tried explaining to her how to get her sugars to a better place, but so far I haven't been too successful.

Wally - Your new pup is cute and I like the name Mia.  You are lucky to adopt.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

I fixed your post of 'fíttíng' with ASCII codes for the time being, and since it's taken this long for it to come up as an issue, I don't expect it to be a major problem, but it's certainly odd! Anybody remember how many years we've been on this site? My memory fails me.

And thanks loads, Wally, for the picture & update on Mia. She'll just have to learn that shoes are not toys and she must leave them alone.

You're gonna be hoppin' for awhile taking on a pup! With our elderly two, I'm sure we'll be losing one or both before too many more years . . . kittycat Waylon is 19yo, and GSD Fritz is 13yo. We'll prob'ly be looking to find an older rescue animal. I can't imagine not having pets, but we'd never be able to keep up with a juvenile! 

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this morning, 95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.

Still smoky, but not as bad as it has been. It is sad that unhealthy air quality seems better... Fire still growing, but at 26% containment now.

Shanny, we started here in Mar of 2016.  Look at your Join Date.  :)

Wally what a cute puppy!! Great A1c too!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

Thanks Shanny.  It just seems weird that word upset Nanny but then like you said other cultures may have a problem with it we don't know about.
Yeah, it is a challenge to take on a puppy but she is smart and will get along just fine.  Some things like the shoes is just oversight on our part. BTDT and know how tempting shoes are.  The Rott is Ok with her but he is getting a bit long in the tooth also and likes to play a bit but does not have the desire to keep it up too long and lets her know.  There is work involved but it is fun also.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

Paulomi, an A1c of 10.38 translates to a 292 Average BG. That is outrageously high & I can understand your frustration at being unable to drill any sense in the friend's husband. BTDT. Maybe you can have a serious talk with your friend.

Shanny, The Diabetic Pub was founded on March 2nd 2016.

Wally, congrats on the new member. Mia is a lovely name. Sometimes the word censor makes no sense at all. We've had issues with it in the past with seemingly innocuous words. We have to deal with it on a case to case basis, since once the list has been added to the database there is no way to remove it completely.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH