You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on August 26, 2017, 08:31:06 PMSome things like the shoes is just oversight on our part. BTDT and know how tempting shoes are. 
Anything that smells strongly of us is going to be irresistible to our gnawing babies. I remember when I first got my hearing aids, the doc said do not EVER leave them out where your dog can get at them! They've been in your ears all day and your scent has saturated those devices. Your dog, thinking they're about the size of a little treat, willing chomp them down in a flash!   ;D

Tamagno

99 this morning.

Mia looks great Wally! Yesterday I was emptying the dishwasher where I found a tennis ball my good boy Sam had snuck in a tennis ball before my wife ran it. Good thing he did as I might otherwise have forgotten to throw it...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

Shanny- that sounds hilarious with the dogs and hearing aids.

My adopted pet has been here for 9-10 months now and it seems so much longer than that. They become a part of your family so soon. She is absolutely irritated when i walk her and bring her back and leave for the gym without coming inside the house with her. When i am back, she goes all crazy acting like she will nip and bite me on my leg. Initially she used to wait for me to get up and then go for a walk. Now she is all licking, jumping on me at some ungodly hour. I dont think i can ever live without pets too.

97 today morning post gym workout

skb- I plan to have a serious discussion with husband/friend once they get a few days to digest the results. The wife is the panic sorts so even seeing these numbers have gotten her thinking about the worst possible scenario. Hopefully they will soon realize that its not the end of the world.

Grammabear

111 this morning.

We have 59 deg F (15 C) and a rain/fog mixture.  It is a good day for doing indoor chores like preparing a yellow squash recipe I've been wanting to try.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

93 (5.15) this morning.  Yesterdays high temp was 106° and it is supposed to be 109° today.  I don't doubt that it will get there.  It should stay in that range for the rest of the week and then cool down a bit.  Thankfully the humidity is remaining low, in the 15-20% range.
Yeah, a new puppy is a challenge in ways.  She is skiddish about using the dog door so trying to get her used to it.  Just a bit ago I left her outside to see what she would do and in a while she did get inside so she knows how.  Baby steps. 
Tamagno, that is just funny !   ~hyt~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

rocky

@wally, Nice pup with a nice name. Maybe old shoes will come in handy just now. With the move to the new place, I'm sure you would have many pairs that can be assigned for chewing.  ;D

@ccd, hope you can reach out to the friend/husband. Why not invite them to The Pub ? Maybe we can talk some sense into them.

79 before dinner and 88 today fasting  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

Snap Rocky!! 88 (4.88) here this morning too. 88 at bedtime last night.

Smoke is bad again today air quality very unhealthy to hazardous. When I took the garbage up to the road I spotted a fire burning in the mountains due West from me, it isn't a threat to me, but geesh, it adds so much more smoke.  Don't know if it comes from the Lolo Peak fire or not...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

93 this morning.

Had dinner last evening at Big Pharma friend's house and took Sam along. He had a really swell time nosing around and just being part of everything.

By the way, Big Pharma friend isn't diabetic, but took the LCHF deal to heart and has lost 10" from his waist line over the last 6-8 months!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

91 (5.04) this morning.  We are supposed to get up to 111° (43.9°C) today and I believe it.  We were at 107° yesterday and it is 84° at 6:00 AM so it is well on the way.  Heat wave will probably be here for the next 10 days at least but thankfully the humidity is a low 15%.
Rocky, no, no old shoes for the pup, I don't want to give her the idea it's OK.  Last night she pulled all of the cushions off the couch in the living room and kind of chewed on one.  Oh my !
Tamagno, 10" off the waist is quite an accomplishment.  Good for him.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on August 28, 2017, 06:30:36 AM
93 this morning.

Had dinner last evening at Big Pharma friend's house and took Sam along. He had a really swell time nosing around and just being part of everything.

By the way, Big Pharma friend isn't diabetic, but took the LCHF deal to heart and has lost 10" from his waist line over the last 6-8 months!

176 this morning.  :(

Tamagno - Do you feel it is easier for someone like your Big Pharma friend to lose weight with LCHF than it is for someone who is insulin dependent like me?  I've been trying for quite a long while and even though I haven't gained anything, I haven't lost a whole bunch either.  I ask because it seems I can't get a straight answer from the Endo I used to go to.  I'm glad your friend has had success.  Losing 10" from the waist area is absolutely awesome.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this extremely smoky morning, an unexpected 100 (5.54) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on August 28, 2017, 06:30:36 AM

That is quite an achievement. I'm sure he's very grateful to you for pushing him in that direction.

Quote from: Grammabear on August 28, 2017, 10:35:24 AM
Tamagno - Do you feel it is easier for someone like your Big Pharma friend to lose weight with LCHF than it is for someone who is insulin dependent like me?  I've been trying for quite a long while and even though I haven't gained anything, I haven't lost a whole bunch either.  I ask because it seems I can't get a straight answer from the Endo I used to go to.  I'm glad your friend has had success.  Losing 10" from the waist area is absolutely awesome.

Insulin has these basic primary roles ; (1) Delivers glucose to target cells (2) Promotes conversion and storage of glucose to glycogen (3) Converts excess glucose into triglycerides and pushes them into adipose tissue for storage as fat.

With exogenous insulin, the reversal of (3) becomes that much more difficult. Of course the law of small numbers would help to some extent, but I think it is more important to keep BG in check than to lose weight. So if you're not gaining then you've struck that balance. From here you might reduce your carbs / insulin further and see if you lose weight. It might happen at the cost of some rise in BG and how much is tolerable will be a call you will have to take.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

@ tamagno, 10" is really something. I must have lost about 4-5 " on the waist.
@skb excellent analysis.

79 before dinner after gym before dinner and 91 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Forgot to test today.

Went to the gym in the morning despite feeling super lazy but the gym was closed due to ganesh visarjan today. Cant understand how the two are connected! But then walked for 45 min and the weather was so so good.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on August 29, 2017, 01:04:59 AM
Forgot to test today.

Went to the gym in the morning despite feeling super lazy but the gym was closed due to ganesh visarjan today. Cant understand how the two are connected! But then walked for 45 min and the weather was so so good.

Maybe you can start posting in the Exercise thread as well. As Barbara says, it is encouragement to the others.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH