You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

156 this morning.

Good for you, Rocky!

Kathy, SKB is right (of course) and I'm aware of many type 1s who lose weight by reducing or stopping insulin albeit often at risk of their health. I'd add in some more exercise to help reduce insulin requirements if possible. Definitely an excess of insulin produces weight gain. Before proper diagnosis and insulin, I'd lost 70 lbs. in a matter of a few months.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  We got to 109° yesterday so not quite the 111° predicted but still HOT !  Looks like we will be triple digits for the next two weeks and then we should see a cooling trend.  The cooler has to run 24 hours but then we knew that.
Off this morning for a routine echocardiogram then tomorrow I have to wear the Holter Monitor for 24 hours, I hate that thing.  Testing is prior to my appointment with my cardiologist.  All a routine follow up.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

We've had cyclonic conditions for the past 24 hours. It's even got a name - "Phyan". Hopefully today will be drier. Such a downpour causes the city to shutdown.

129 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this smoky morning, 89 at bedtime last night too.

Forecast is for dry thunderstorms the next few days.  I really dread that as we are already under siege with fires!  The fire to the West of me is out, no flames to be seen last night  Thank goodness! The only good from the smoke is it is keeping the temps down some...

skb, I'd sure love to have some/a lot of that moisture here!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: skb on August 29, 2017, 02:29:37 AM
Maybe you can start posting in the Exercise thread as well. As Barbara says, it is encouragement to the others.

ccd, I second that idea. It is indeed encouraging if more people post. It rained a lot here as well.

79 last evening before dinner and 90 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

106 this morning.

Yesterday here was cloudy and downright cold with some rain overnight. Sure do wish we could swap some of these weather patterns!

Today is a cooking day. I think I'll grill some burgers with mango sauce and make vegetables with an Asian dressing.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 (4.99) this morning.  Echo cardiogram and ultrasound on my Carotid arteries yesterday looked good, at least according to the tech.  I'm getting the Holter Monitor attached today for 24 hours to check for A-fib.  Routine tests I have since the heart valve replacement.  I see the Cardiologist in a couple of weeks. 
We hit 110° yesterday as predicted.  Fortunately our power did not fail and the cooler did a good job.  Some areas in more populated areas had power outages and some are still out.  That would be hard to deal with.     
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

93 (5.15) this smoky morning, 94 (5.21)
at bedtime last night.

Wally, I had to wear one of those monitors for 30 days a couple of years ago. I did the 24 hour one too.  24 hours is by far the best!!!

The edge of a thunderstorm passed through here with a little rain.  They were saying dry thunderstorms so I was glad to see some rain.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

Has the little rain doused the fire, and won't it make the smoke worse ?

80 last evening and 93 fasting this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

No Rocky, the 12 drops of rain we got did nothing to the fire. It will take a major rainfall or snow to put out the fires that are burning all over Montana.  Probably another month of smoke before the weather changes.  It is bad/unhealthy for all concerned.

Carbcrazydog

107 yesterday morning. Did not test today.

skb- I was thinking of you yesterday watching the Mumbai rains update on news. I am glad you are safe. It saddens me how so many people lost their lives getting sucked in manholes and trapped in cars. My heart goes out to their families.

Good idea to post in the exercise thread. Will start doing that.

Have a weekend resort trip coming up with kids and their school friends. They are so excited.

bigskygal

skb, carbcrazydog, I watched an interesting show about the kingdom of Dwarka.  Sounds like Indian Atlantis. Very intriguing. What do you know about this....is it true ? I am fascinated by this sort of thing.

Tamagno

156 this morning.

Up early this morning to go out for a CAT scan just to keep an eye on a couple of little spots of cancer that showed up last time. I don't think there'll be any change in them so I'm not concerned.

BSG, I'll have to look around on that Dwarka matter. I'm interested in the whole antediluvian affair as well but hadn't heard of that. Thank you!

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on August 31, 2017, 12:27:24 AM
skb- I was thinking of you yesterday watching the Mumbai rains update on news. I am glad you are safe. It saddens me how so many people lost their lives getting sucked in manholes and trapped in cars. My heart goes out to their families.

Paulomi, It is very nice of you to keep me in your thoughts at such times. The rain was not as bad as made out to be by the media which is always hungry for news. The days precipitation was 315 mm. It pales in comparison to the 950 mm cloud burst we had in 2005.

My office is in a low lying area and we always have trouble when it rains too much. So we shut down a little early on the day and had about 2 " of water and muck to be cleaned yesterday. Apart from that it was all fine.

My house is on a hill so we're good for Sunami up to 500 feet. Yes, some people died and that's a shame as the administration is always caught off guard in such situations.

Barbara, Dwarka is a coastal temple city in Saurashtra, Gujarat. A large part of the city is submerged and believed to be the kingdom of Lord Krishna. Many archaeological & scientific expeditions have been carried out in the area and have confirmed the presence of the city under water. Many artefacts have also been removed. It's not a submerged continent like Atlantis but definitely a prehistoric city.

John, hope things turn out well and the way you want them to.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

77 this morning.

It seems that weather all over the continent is definitely out of the 'usual'.  Some areas are getting hurricanes and other areas are in dire need of rain.  I wish we could switch the weather around.  Since the eclipse, our songbirds have disappeared for the most part.  Haven't seen one since the event.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."