You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

103 this morning.

Feel better Grammabear!

I got a new prescription that my insurance refuses to cover. I discovered that it's $600 retail price is $60 at Costco! I believe there's an app that will search drug prices in your local area that apparently could be a huge money saver in these situations.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

97 (5.37) this morning.  It looks like we will be cooling down a bit and in a couple of days we should be under 100° after tomorrow and getting into the low 90's by the weekend. 
Tamagno, I'm glad you found a better alternative.  Often the pricing of drugs makes no sense at all.  I get test strips covered by Medicare and Walgreens charges $144 for 100 strips or $1.44 each.  I buy the same strips, Contour Next, for $65.77 for 300 strips or $0.22 each strip on Amazon from a Medical Supply.  Pricing was the same at Walmart. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

104 this morning.  These cold sores are trying to get the best of me, but I'm doing my best to keep my blood sugar numbers under control.

Tamagno - That is amazing that you found a more reasonable price for the prescription you need.  If it is allowed, please share the name of the app you used to learn this information.

Rocky - I obviously can't speak for your Mum, but I know when either of my sons comes to visit, it is much appreciated even if all we do is sit and visit. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this smoky morning, 83 (4.6)
at bedtime last night.

I have amazing rx coverage thanks to my late DH. Any and all rx's cost me only $2.  There are no restrictions at all. I get 400 strips for $2.

Hope you feel better soon Grammabear!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on September 05, 2017, 06:35:28 AM
I discovered that it's $600 retail price is $60 at Costco! I believe there's an app that will search drug prices in your local area that apparently could be a huge money saver in these situations.

If you find out the name of that app, please pass it on to us John. Sounds like a huge money saver. I did a Google search and came up with one called GoodRx. I wonder if it's the same one that you are referring to?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

80 last evening before dinner.
Dinner was out at a friend's birthday bash. I didn't eat badly but I ate a lot and I also drank some. A bit more than I usually do. The morning number was 93, but I'm afraid it's going to go higher for the next couple of days.  :(
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

128 today morning. In one word- Pizza.

Bad choices, bad day. But did 7 kms of cross trainer today and am in office so hoping to be more active and make better choices.

The weather is so so awesome. Its a shame to be caged in a cubicle.

Rocky- With your self control, i am sure your body will be more forgiving than mine is.

Tamagno

119 this morning.

GoodRX is the one I've used and found on the Apple App Store, I think for free but I don't know if there's a Windows version. In this case, Costco is actually offering a "sale" price which is a practice I didn't know stores employed with prescription drugs, but there you go.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

96 (5.32) this morning.  We are expecting a cooling trend after today, may be in the low 90's.  Heavy cloud cover right now and chance of showers so humidity is around 50% so not comfortable.  It should dry out later today.
Barbara, that is great RX coverage.  My RX insurance has a co-pay of $10 for a 90 day supply of generic drugs but does not cover test strips.  I think that is common for a lot of insurances. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

117 this morning.  My cold is better today at least not so much sneezing and coughing.  The cold sores continue to bother my upper lip making it hard to drink water.

We have Medicare and a supplemental insurance which isn't too bad, but one of my blood pressures drugs costs me over $250.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this extremely smoky morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

Very smoky this morning! The fire is up to 48,337 acres. There are 44 separate fires burning in MT. Smoke everywhere, literally!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on September 06, 2017, 12:59:28 AM
128 today morning. In one word- Pizza.

You had pizza ??? I haven't had pizza for more than a year. Not even the toppings. My body did protest, but not much. 85 before dinner and 97 this morning.

Quote from: bigskygal on September 06, 2017, 07:19:08 PM

Very smoky this morning! The fire is up to 48,337 acres. There are 44 separate fires burning in MT. Smoke everywhere, literally!

bsg, I wish there was some way I could help, beyond offering you my prayers and kind words. I really think you should leave your cat with someone or a service and take that trip.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

109 today morning.

Rocky- your self control is inspiring. I have more slip ups than i should and pizza is a weakness i still need to overcome. I have made it a point to only order when i have friends so i atleast share the carbs and dont overeat by freezing and reheating the pizza.

I was reading a storybook to my 4 year old and it had a question- "What will you do if you see a child crying on the road because he is lost?". So he says- "I will tell him to switch on his GPS" #gennext  :P

Tamagno

135 this morning.

Good news from the oncologist yesterday as the remaining spots of cancer haven't changed; no need for a return visit until November.

Meanwhile, I've a couple of hoops to jump through for the neurologist and have an MRI this morning. I suspect he's being overly conservative and think the results will not show any problems.

Shanny

Great news, John!!!

~sup~