You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

109 this morning.

We have 50 deg F (10 C) and that feels quite cool compared to temperatures in the 70 and 80 deg range. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 (5.1) this morning.  Temp. at 7:00 AM is 71° and that is the lowest since I moved here.  Highs should be under 100° from today on for at least the next 10 days. 
Tamagno, that is certainly good news !   ~hi5~
Barbara, MT is really getting hit hard, that's for sure.  I count 16 active wildfires in California right now and right here we are not dealing with any smoke.  NWS is telling us that Saturday we will see smoke but nothing like what you are dealing with.
CCD, I like Pizza a lot also but I make my own and either make the crust out of cheese or eat the toppings only and do pretty well.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Certainly great news John  ;D

I'm not a great fan of pizza, but I've had a couple of slices now and then, but always the home made variety. The crust I think is made out of almond flour and other such stuff.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this smoky, smoky morning. 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

That's great news John!!!

CCD, I haven't had pizza in over 5 years and I did love it. I just love my fingers, toes and eyesight more.  Watching my late DH have a leg amputated and go blind was a lesson on being strict for good health to me.

Rocky, the trip has always been scheduled for the end of the month due to my DD's work schedule. My cat is a very scared rescue kitty and is afraid of everything/everyone but me so leaving him somewhere is really not going to work.  When I do have someone come in to feed him and clean his box, they never see him.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

rocky

@ccd, please don't get me wrong. I didn't mean to criticise or chide. I was just awed.

@tamagno. Very to happy to hear that news.

My evening number dropped but the morning one still stays higher. 82 last evening and 97 today fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Forgot to check today.

Rocky- you dont need to apologize. Its a bad choice and today i managed to get away with it but tomorrow my body will cooperate even lesser. So self control is not an option but a must right now.

I usually make cauliflower crust pizza at home and love it.

Wally- what is a cheese crust one? Does it have only cheese?

bigskygal- I am sorry about your late husband. My father passed away through a heart attack which was a result of uncontrolled diabetes + smoking. I thankfully saw he healthy all his life except for the last week in the hospital. Cannot imagine the pain of seeing someone deteriorate slowly like that.

Tamagno

140 this morning.

In a way, type 1s have an advantage in that running glucose over 250 results in ketoacidosis pretty quickly so we really have to maintain control. I've seen so many type 2s just not paying attention and staying over 300 constantly resulting in those horrifying side effects!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  Daily high temps now under 100° at 99° yesterday and supposed to be 96° today.  The only downside is that today is supposed to be smoky and Sunday and Monday possible thunderstorms.  Rain would be welcome but the humidity not.
CCD, I am going to have to look for the recipe and then will post it. 
Tamagno, I think that is the worst thing about diabetes.  It is so sneaky and people don't feel anything bad going on and can have high bg for years and ignore anything they are told because they don't feel it.  Meanwhile all of the time the damage is going on and when the results finally show up it is too late.  To me this is the biggest failure of the Medical Professionals.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Well, I haven't done a fasting testing for years, because I never go long enough between meals/snacks, but today I tested anyhow, and was shocked to see 99 (5.49). I've been good about taking my Lantus each day, so I guess it's doing its job. I'll try to do better about testing & posting here - but can't promise.

And I agree, Wally, medical professionals don't take diabetes seriously at all. And people die because of it.

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this smoky morning, 80 (4.43) at bedtime last night.

Then you have fool doctors like mine that says I am "cured" of diabetes...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I haven't posted my numbers for a few days now. I'm checking, but don't trust the pack of strips that I got last time around.

I was at 87 pre-dinner yesterday & at 122 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: Tamagno on September 08, 2017, 06:51:08 AM
In a way, type 1s have an advantage in that running glucose over 250 results in ketoacidosis pretty quickly so we really have to maintain control. I've seen so many type 2s just not paying attention and staying over 300 constantly resulting in those horrifying side effects!

That may be true but the damage due to high numbers would not differentiate between a T1 or a T2.

82 again before dinner but a lower 95 fasting this morning. 
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

115 this morning.

It seems downright cold here with temperatures in the 40s at night. Big Pharma friend has a garden full of green tomatoes that won't ripen without more heat; feels like mid-October!

Medicine is a frustrating discipline, capable of doing some truly amazing things and yet with diabetes either ignorant or willfully dismissive of evidence for other reasons. This is the only place I've seen that actively promotes the very simple LCHF idea and I'm grateful for it. SKB asks for suggestions to increase our size about which I know very little, however the message available here has tremendous value for any diabetic willing to listen.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

101 (5.6) this morning.  I'm not real happy with fasting over 100 but then I know it is because of what I had for dinner so no real surprise.  Also it was good, so be it !
Temperature is definitely lower and that is nice, chance of thunderstorms today through Monday.
I'm glad I am not in Florida.  At least people there have been given advanced warning.  Whether they heed it or not is something else. 
Shanny, I think it is a benefit for everyone when people post their numbers.  It doesn't matter so much what the number is and we are all different but it gives others a sense of just how are other diabetics are dealing with the disease.  For me it helps to post my numbers as it keeps me aware of where I am and helps me stay on track. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024