You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

79 last evening before dinner and 90 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

110 today morning and 121 yday :(

Have been irregular to gym since the knee pain. And my motivation level is know as i am going for a 10 day break to my mom's place in a few days.

Havent heard from skb in awhile. All well i hope

Great news Tamagno and Barbara am glad the smoke is going down!

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on September 19, 2017, 01:13:18 AM
Havent heard from skb in awhile. All well i hope

I'm doing well. Work is keeping me busy and I just log in to see if all is well with the forum.
Drop in, if you are passing through. Would love to meet. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

161 this morning.

Grammabear, appliances seem not to last as long as they did, unfortunately. I saw an ad for one recently that has a digital shopping list on the front that communicates with one's phone. Only a matter of time before that will automatically re-order from Whole Foods at Amazon and deliver by drone...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

111 this morning.

Tamagno ~ My husband was not pleased when our refrigerator quit working.  He is of the mindset that it should have lasted a lot longer.  The warranty on our new one is only one year and we were pressured to buy the extended warranty for $500USD.  We should have said "No", but we did not. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

79 (4.38) this morning.  Off in a bit to see my new Dermatologist.  I was a bit skeptical of the need for all of the surgeries deemed necessary by my old dermatologist.  I really have no way to know for sure but it seemed excessive.  The first appointment I had with this one he froze some pre cancers and that was it.  No biopsies, so we will see how it goes from here. 
Yeah, appliances are all "throw away" now.  I remember when you actually had broken appliances repaired !  Things change.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on September 19, 2017, 05:51:25 AM
I saw an ad for one recently that has a digital shopping list on the front that communicates with one's phone. Only a matter of time before that will automatically re-order from Whole Foods at Amazon and deliver by drone...

I had read about such appliances many years ago. It's high time that they appeared on the market.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

92 (5.1) this rainy morning, 108 (5.98)at bedtime last night.  Pretty sure the higher #'s are due to the pain from my ribs.  Don't know why it is so bad all of a sudden.

When I moved here 13 years ago, I bought a brand new refrigerator it broke down exactly 2 days after the warranty ran out.  I bought an old 1998 one off of Craig's List and it is still going strong.  "Planned obsolescence" anyone??

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on September 19, 2017, 10:52:39 PM
92 (5.1) this rainy morning, 108 (5.98)at bedtime last night.  Pretty sure the higher #'s are due to the pain from my ribs.  Don't know why it is so bad all of a sudden.

When I moved here 13 years ago, I bought a brand new refrigerator it broke down exactly 2 days after the warranty ran out.  I bought an old 1998 one off of Craig's List and it is still going strong.  "Planned obsolescence" anyone??

I think your refrigerator is a 'gem' as ours was only 12 yrs old and we think the compressor went out.  I'm told it is key to clean the coils regularly which I probably didn't do often enough.  Hang onto your fridge as long as you can.

Do your ribs hurt because of the weather change or because you fell a bit ago?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

rocky

BSG, 2 days after the warranty lapsed. That is some design and planning by the makers.
Appliances like all other things are beginning to be 'use and throw'. The quality of olden times is just not there.

75 before dinner and 87 this morning. The evening met really works for me.  ;D

Tamagno

178 this morning.

My grandfather had the Maytag store in town when I was a boy and I recall a time when washing machines were powered by small, four-stroke gas engines. Much of his time was spent going around doing repairs, often fabricating parts as necessary. Try as I might, I doubt very much I could do the same with any modern device!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

131 this morning.

Quote from: rocky on September 19, 2017, 11:47:34 PM

Appliances like all other things are beginning to be 'use and throw'. The quality of olden times is just not there.

It also seems like companies no longer advertise about quality of their products.  When my husband and I first got married we bought a big chest freezer as we planned on having a big garden.  That freezer lasted almost 40 years and I don't think any freezer these days would last that long.  The same goes for the clothes dryer we bought the same day as the freezer.  btw.........both of them quit working about the same time so we had to shop for new appliances.  The new refrigerator is supposed to be delivered today and I hope it lasts at least 5 years as I'm getting too old for the silliness of shopping and dealing with salesmen who couldn't tell the truth if their life depended on it.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  We had an overnight low of 60° and that is the lowest since moving here.  Still. it is supposed to reach 90° today but tomorrow we are supposed to see a drop of 10-15° and more Fall like weather.  Then next week back up to the 90s. 
One of the problems with modern appliances is that they rely so much on electronics and computer chips.  We bought a new dish washer a few years ago and it was lucky that we bought the extended warranty because it quit and it turned out that the control panel was bad.  The service call and the new panel was covered but if we had to replace it ourselves it would have been better to throw it out and buy a new one.
I do not want my refrigerator or washing machine or any other appliance to "talk" to my phone !  I like "geeky" things but there is a limit.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

104 (5.76) this rainy morning, 90 (4.99)
at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, the ribs are sore from the fall. They were getting better then on Monday, they were really sore again.  Don't know why.

I'm with you Wally, I don't want my appliances talking to my phone either!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

I don't like it either. But, like it or not, it is the age of smart homes where all gadgets are going to be talking to each other. The really worrisome part is the extent of microwave radiation that all this is going to cause and what will be the long term health impact of that.

79 before dinner last evening and 90 fasting this morning.