You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

72 last evening before dinner and 87 this morning.

I have trouble speaking to large groups of people. At work sometimes I am required to speak to 10 or more. I always have trouble starting with that even if I am very well prepared. 
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

108 today morning. Bad dinner choices but good exercise.

Gifted a fitbit to DH for his bday. He seems to be more active post that esp as he is a part of a fitbit group which includes his friends and me, and it is obvious to him how less active he is. Hope it lasts.

skb- I hate small talk too. I detest it. Ask me to go to a networking work event and I would rather choose to go in the restaurant kitchen and wash all the dishes. However, i have learnt to make a sub group out of a large group and just focus on some good one on one conversations. I try and have conversations which have a certain depth and there are always one or two people who are like you. For most part, i cite my kids as a reason for not attending evening parties. :)

Tamagno

126 this morning.

Off to the hospital for a Rituxan infusion this morning. I'll have another round the end of October. It comes with some steroids, so likely high glucose for a day or two.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We have a high wind warning for all day until 11:00 PM with winds 20-30 MPH and gusts up to 50 MPH.  Several wildfires active North of San Francisco, wine country  ~yik~,  where dry conditions and high winds have created very bad conditions.  Many homes and two hospitals have been evacuated and pictures on the news show a real firestorm.
Fire danger for all of California is high right now.
Barbara, yeah, I worried about the wind at our other house because we had a few large Cottonwoods by the house.  They are quite brittle and we had some rather large branches come down but were lucky to avoid any damage to the house.  Not bad here, we have a couple of trees but not close to the house.  That's good because the wind can really howl here.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

103 this morning.

John - Best of luck with the infusion and with the higher numbers that follow.  Never an encouraging event when numbers start to climb because of medical treatment.

Wally - Hopefully the high winds will not create any additional fires in your area.  Does your new home have a lot of trees compared to your home in the rural area?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this partly cloudy morning, 96 (5.32) at bedtime last night.

Wally, I saw photos of the fires in Northern CA. Very scary! The wind is not going to help that situation at all!

Good luck with the infusion John, hope all goes well and you don't have too much of a bg spike from it.

Starting to feel almost normal...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

@ Paulomi, the Fitbit was a good idea. Hope it works.

@ John, Good luck with the infusion. Hope the numbers are not too high.

When we bought the farm in 1996, we used to stay in a small shack the previous owner had built. The shack had a cement sheet roof & it was surrounded by tall trees known as Casuarina. One windy monsoon night, a branch broke off, pierced the roof and landed right in the centre of our bed. Thankfully it was a weekday and we were not visiting.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

A surprising 125 today morning. Hope i am not coming down with something.

Tamagno- Good luck!

Hyderabad has been going through some heavy rainfalls/cloudbursts since a few weeks. Yesterday was bad and people had to stay back at office. Next 3 days again has a heavy rain forecast. Right now the sun is shining and all is normal. Will have to see how the day progresses.

40 stairs climbed yesterday and 12000+ steps. I am in a fitbit workweek challenge with a few friends and my husband added himself to the challenge. He comes home at 10 PM when i sleep, checks how far behind he is from me and walks in the next 2 hours so that i wake up to him beating me and going ahead.  ::)

Tamagno

215 this morning.

Many thanks for your good wishes, yesterday's infusion went well! So far, no bad side effects for which I'm grateful!

Seems like the Fitbit affair is getting around. My aunt down home who had bad lymphoma last year is even competing with her daughter in similar fashion. I have one myself that I got when I was in atrial fibrillation to keep track of my pulse, but I'm nowhere near able to walk enough to join in the fray. It's a fun little device, however.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

Sorry I'm late to post today. Been busy at work.
76 before any food last evening and 89 fasting today morning.

ccd, The Fitbit challenge seems like a good idea. For your husband to return home at 10 pm and then walk for 2 hours shows a lot of determination. I'm sure he wil lose all the unwanted weight soon. 

Grammabear

115 this morning.

Our temperature is 56 F (13 C) and it is windy.  Rain is forecast for later in the day, which is welcome news.

I have a fitbit, but don't walk even close to 10,000 steps.  I do use it however to monitor my progress toward a better number overall.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  A bit late to post, I am all stuffed up and snotty this morning and got up late. 
Wildfires are in the news in a big way.  The fires, about a dozen, in the California wine country have destroyed over 1500 homes and this morning there was a Hilton hotel burning.  Sadly 11 people have been found dead.
Yesterday around 10:30 AM we got news of a fire burning a lot closer to home in the Anaheim Hills which is an area of quite expensive homes.  The high winds here also made it very difficult to fight and at least 24 structures were destroyed of which they say about 12 were homes.  The wind has calmed down so hopefully they can get the fires contained.
CCD, good deal with the Fitbit.  It seems to be helping you both.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 91 (5.04) here too this partly cloudy morning, 91 at bedtime last night too.

CCD impressed with your number of steps!!  Why don't you post them in the Exercise thread too!

Little better again today.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on October 10, 2017, 07:43:01 PM
CCD impressed with your number of steps!!  Why don't you post them in the Exercise thread too

Exactly my thoughts.
Paulomi, I've read about the deluge in Hyderabad. I used to visit there regularly until about 2011 and never heard of such rains in the city. On the other hand Wally's area is facing wild fires. Ah, the vagaries of nature.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Yup. I'm very impressed with CCD's workouts and also very inspired to follow her. Yes, it makes more sense to post exercise data in the exercise topic. A lot of things get jumbled up here.

80 before dinner and 94 this morning.