You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

118 today morning. Better than yday but still high.

Thanks for all the wonderful posts. I have just started regular exercise and will post it on the exercise thread from today.

I took my revenge- my husband slept at 10 PM yday and was 6000 steps ahead of me. I went to walk my dog and clocked more steps than him by midnight and he woke up with a look of horror! :)

Tamagno

102 this morning.

Today I'm taking my wife for a routine colonoscopy which I think should be fine. Feels odd to be on the other side of hospital stuff but I'm glad to get tocare for her for once!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.  We had a lot of rain last night which we desperately needed.

Yesterday I saw the kidney doctor and got a fairly good report in spite of my diabetes.  He wanted to know if controlling diabetes was difficult for me?  I laughed and told him - "not so much if you follow the LCHF way of eating."  I think he had not heard of it because he looked confused.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  Wildfires continue to rage, over 15 different fires, mostly in Northern California.  There at least 17 people killed and over 2000 structures destroyed.  Many homes but also commercial buildings.  Heavy winds are going to cause problems today and the next few days.  The wine country is seeing major damage and some wineries completely destroyed.
The fire in the Anaheim Hills would  be the major story if the fires in Northern California were not going on.  There so far at least 24 structures, of which about 12 are homes, were destroyed and the fire continues with many areas still evacuated. 
It is dry and windy and that is very dangerous. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this mostly cloudy morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

Geesh, today I seem to have taken a step backward health-wise.  :( Sneezing a lot and runny nose... le sigh...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

I used to think that I had no problem with allergies but lately I have revised that.  It is especially bad when it is windy and yesterday it was quite windy and I was stuffed up, sneezing and snotty.  Benadryl has become my constant companion of late.  May not be your problem but I hope it gets better soon.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

rocky

I've been reading about the fires in N California for some days now. I think 17 people have died so far. I hope this can be contained ASAP

79 last evening and 91 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Did not check today.

My MIL had another not-as-severe passing stroke yday. Her cholesterol is a little high and H1AC was 7.9%. I told her to take care and she became defensive and said that due to her schedule she cant eat every 2 hours and is doing what she can. I suggested insulin if medicines dont work but i guess she is not right now open to suggestions.

I hate when they think that now they are 60+ these things come with age. I am sure they do and i know that it is inevitable that we all will pass away some day but least we can do is ensure that we are not bed ridden with a stroke for a good part of our lives. My father had a stroke and passed away in a week. His sugars at that time were 600+. I believe we were unlucky to lose him so soon but also believe he was lucky to have lived a healthy perfect life till that last 1 week. If he survived that stroke and was bedridden for next few years......

Sorry for venting. But i wish they were more proactive about their health.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on October 12, 2017, 12:27:44 AM
My MIL had another not-as-severe passing stroke yday. Her cholesterol is a little high and H1AC was 7.9%.

It is the latter which is more likely the culprit. What has high cholesterol to do with stroke or heart illness ? As a matter of fact, higher levels of cholesterol are protective as you age.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

130 this morning.

When young, I imagined that age would bring much greater wisdom and equanimity than I experience, especially in light of the seemingly endless array of health problems that arise. But, to quote that greatest of American philosophers, Yogi Bera, "the future's not the same as it used to be."

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on October 12, 2017, 06:25:27 AM
"the future's not the same as it used to be."
;D
That's by G. K. Chesterton

and some more;

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln.
The best way to predict the future is to create it - also by Lincoln.

Stop worrying about the world ending today, It's already tomorrow in Australia - Charles M Schulz
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

85 this morning.

Yesterday while I was having a therapeutic massage, the young woman discovered that the lower portion of my right leg was red and very warm in just one small spot.  She suggested that I should probably seek medical attention asap.  I went to the immediate care clinic where their Doctor diagnosed a mild case of cellulitis and gave me antibiotics.  I'm grateful to the young woman who cared enough about her client to bring this to my attention.

I agree with John that when I became 'older' I thought I would become much more wise.  Perhaps I have a ways to go yet?  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  The fires in Northern California continue and high winds are not going to stop soon.  Really devastating with block after block of homes and businesses destroyed.  They say the fires are moving faster than the firefighters can run.  It's going to be some time before we know the true totals of damage and lives lost.  Southern California also is in danger with Red flag warnings because of low humidity and high winds. 
Tamagno, I also thought that wisdom came with age and in some cases it does but I found out that being older doesn't make you smarter.   :D
Grammabear, I was not aware of  cellulitis  but I looked it up and going to a doctor as soon as it is discovered is really important.  Something to be aware of. Glad you got to it right away.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this cloudy morning, 97 (5.37)at bedtime last night.

I'm beginning to think this new round of sneezing and stuffy nose is in fact allergies. The wind has been blowing here too and the leaves are falling.

Had a little light snow mid morning. To early for that! I need to get the trees down before the snow comes.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

This is the worst fall season I've had for years as regards allergic rhinitis, and this week is worse than ever. I'm fair to middlin' as long as I'm sitting up . . . no congestion, thank heaven. But once I lie down, the draining is awful & keeps me from sleeping. Cussed allergies!