You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

Quote from: walkerwally1 on October 12, 2017, 10:32:50 AM
Tamagno, I also thought that wisdom came with age and in some cases it does but I found out that being older doesn't make you smarter.   :D

;D Oh, I was looking forward to growing older. Now, not so much.

77 before dinner last evening and 90 fasting today.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

Yeah Shanny, I think this new round of misery is allergy related and not something I came home from Las Vegas with.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

114 today morning.

I dont know if wisdom comes with age always. I think i am wiser than 20 years back but maybe i was just more foolish than average :)

But i do know that there is a grit that comes with an age. You have seen quite a few things and there are many things you start taking in a stride where your younger self would have overreacted like crazy. Also you realize as you age that the world does not revolve around you and you will change even if you never want to believe that.

Tamagno

116 this morning.

Let not your heart be troubled, Rocky, I think perhaps you'll be exceptional with age!

One of my very earliest memories is being given a couple of granite rocks to play with and thinking, oh gosh, this is going to be weird - I'd best be quiet until I figure it all out. A policy I've maintained all my life that I think may have some small wisdom...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

133 this morning.

Had a very troubled appointment with the sleep apnea doctor yesterday and as a result I strayed badly from my way of eating.  So this morning I have to get "back on the wagon" and do better today. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  Weather here remains nice but there is going to be very high winds in Northern and Southern California tomorrow and Sunday which is going to be rough for the active fires in Northern and dangerous in Southern. 
Rocky, getting older gives us experience and it is up to us to learn from that experience.  From that comes wisdom and some do and some don't.  Getting older has many challenges but it does beat the alternative !   :D
Allergies are really getting to me right now too. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Carbcrazydog

Rocky- how old are you? I have been youngest in the group for awhile i think- not sth to be proud of because it would mean that my pancreas probably gave away way earlier than most of the T2 here  :(

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this partly cloudy morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

Today was errand running day, and as a result, I'm exhausted. Sneezing and coughing don't help at all.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

ccd, I'm in mid 40s. I think you are still the baby of the group.  ;D

72 before dinner and 88 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

117 this morning.

Well, after 60 years of being told, I finally started dressing in more layers for cold weather; big surprise, it works! At this point, I'm so very thin that I really like the extra bulk that helps ameliorate that nasty cancer look thus curing the fall chills and assuaging my vanity simultaneously...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

Forgot to check today. Daughter was sick and threw up a few times at night. Is better now.

Rocky- I am 36 and i guess the youngest  :P

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on October 14, 2017, 07:05:52 AM
117 this morning.Well, after 60 years of being told, I finally started dressing in more layers for cold weather; big surprise, it works!
LOL! It really DOES work, doesn't it?! I never need to since I'm always too warm, but I have a cold-blooded husband who benefits greatly.  ;) 

And a year or two ago, we went the second mile . . . got him a coupla thick heavy cotton long hooded robes that he can wear over his street clothes when we're mousing around at home. Our brother-in-law dubbed him 'Friar Chuck'!  But it sure saves heating the house up to 80° or more, and using up so much firewood. Now I just have to teach him to put on socks with his slippers so his feet stay warm . . . even a very long robe can't keep his feet warm!  ;D

The picture shows only blue & white robes . . . apparently they don't offer the lovely deep green & deep burgundy colors they had when we bought his. And we bought the very largest size so it fits comfortably over his clothes, and is as long as can be. (Wittmann Textiles)

Finally found a picture of 'Friar Chuck' in his lovely deep green robe . . . ;)

Grammabear

113 this morning.

It is 61 degrees here and raining to beat heck here.  We need the moisture but not the thunder and lightning.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Weather here remains nice and so far the winds are not a problem but unfortunately in Northern California high winds are expected and the fires continue.  High winds and Red Flag conditions in Southern California also.  It is a continuing disaster.
Shanny, a couple of years ago I bought a pair of slippers that are thick wool inside and they will keep your feet warm and toasty even when it is really cold.  I think I found them on Amazon.  I did a search of my orders and didn't find them so I must have had them longer than I thought.  A common occurrence.  It's worth a look though.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Wool is an amazing fabric! It keeps you warm but it still breathes so you don't get sweaty & clammy. I have woolen socks that I wear like slippers, and we make sure all the afghans are real wool too. No synthetic, no matter how fleecy or thick, can keep you warm like wool. Even cotton is better than synthetics. These robes are pure cotton velour, and they're so thick and heavy - I mean heavy just to pick up - dunno how much they weigh, but they're HEAVY!  ;)