You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

I too, was a fan of the Good Wife & NCIS, but I hardly ever watch anymore. But I've always said that people (women! ;) ) fail to appreciate how very nicely Mark Harmon has aged! He's a hottie! ;D

And I have found a link to watch old episodes of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, and I enjoy that sometimes. And once in a great while I watch Poppy Montgomery in Unforgettable.

skb

Ami is hooked to the tele-serials about Pablo Escobar (don't ask me why) so we're stuck on those on Netflix. This is the 3rd serial we are seeing. They are all in Spanish (with subtitles) but we make do. I've made a list of all the recommendations and as soon as we've learnt enough Spanish, I will switch to these.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

81 last evening before dinner and 95 this morning.

I'm not much of a TV guy. Most of the times I watch the news channels.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Tasted kids' tiffin before i remembered to check.

I need to check out NCIS and this hot guy. Right now i am totally smitten by Matt Bomer of White Collar. I was reading him up and read he has a husband. Dont have anything against anyone's sexuality but such an injustice to womankind :)

Yesterday was a great day for exercise. 16503 steps, 45 floors, 10 kms.

Today is Dhanteras where we worship the Goddess of wealth. And believe that every girl child has Goddess Lakshmi within her. I think it originated because of the killing of girl child in India due to dowry reasons. Sex determination is still a crime here as people still choose to abort a girl child. I feel blessed to have a daughter, and dont mind if some extra wealth comes with it too ;)

Shanny

Quote from: Shanny on October 16, 2017, 09:07:04 PM
And I have found a link to watch old episodes of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, and I enjoy that sometimes.
I guess this paragraph points out that I need a link to watch these shows . . . the reason being that we don't even HAVE a tv set. So any watching we do is on the computer. ;)

Tamagno

167 this morning.

Great news! I got a call from Tandem yesterday telling me that my insurance has approved a new T-Slim insulin pump at 100% coverage. I got the new X2 model (sounds like a BMW SUV auto) that integrates with my Dexcom G5. It'll be coming shortly and I'll post about it in the T1 section.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

125 this morning.

John - I hope you enjoy your new insulin pump.  Be sure to ask your pump trainer for infusion sets that suit your lean body type.  Looking forward to hearing how it goes with you.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Still feeling kind of crummy and "draggin' my wagon" but I hope to get better soon. 
It looks like they are getting a handle on the fires in Northern California.  Weather is much better now than it was.  It is going to be quite a while until they are going to have a final death count but structures destroyed are over 5,000.
NCIS has always been one of my favorite shows.  I remember when Mark Harmon was the Quarterback for UCLA and his father, Tom Harmon, was the radio announcer that broadcast the games on Saturdays.  That was in the 1960's.   
Tamagno, that sounds like really good news.  Looking forward to hearing how the new pump works.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on October 17, 2017, 06:40:55 AMGreat news! I got a call from Tandem yesterday telling me that my insurance has approved a new T-Slim insulin pump at 100% coverage. I got the new X2 model (sounds like a BMW SUV auto) that integrates with my Dexcom G5. It'll be coming shortly and I'll post about it in the T1 section.
<3 <3 <3 ~100~

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on October 17, 2017, 06:40:55 AM
Great news! I got a call from Tandem yesterday telling me that my insurance has approved a new T-Slim insulin pump at 100% coverage. I got the new X2 model (sounds like a BMW SUV auto) that integrates with my Dexcom G5. It'll be coming shortly and I'll post about it in the T1 section.

Great news John. We will look forward to your feedback.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on October 15, 2017, 07:09:32 AM
Shanty, my wife is very into her bathrobe for warmth; I've a photo someplace of her shoveling snow in it, in fact. Something about it seems cumbersome to me, however it may be time for me to revisit the idea. Currently, I have fleece lined jeans that may do the trick.
I was browsing for toasty socks and found these today - https://smile.amazon.com/Dachstein-Woolwear-Austrian-Boiled-Footlet/dp/B01M0BHR9G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1508283274&sr=8-4&keywords=boiled+wool+mens+sock - quite pricey, but I bet they do the job! All the slippers I found have a sole of some sort, which I don't really want - I intend to sleep in these if push comes to shove!  :)

walkerwally1

Shanny, you may want to look at Baffin slippers.  Tamagno turned me on to these a couple of years ago "like sleeping bags for your feet" is their slogan.  They do not have soles and so are not meant for outdoors but they are really warm.
At Amazon :
https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Unisex-Insulated-Slipper-XX-Large/dp/B000SKUFYS/ref=sr_1_127?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1508284710&sr=1-127&nodeID=679255011&psd=1&keywords=slippers+for+men
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on October 17, 2017, 07:41:55 PM
Quote from: Tamagno on October 15, 2017, 07:09:32 AM
Shanty, my wife is very into her bathrobe for warmth; I've a photo someplace of her shoveling snow in it, in fact. Something about it seems cumbersome to me, however it may be time for me to revisit the idea. Currently, I have fleece lined jeans that may do the trick.
I was browsing for toasty socks and found these today - https://smile.amazon.com/Dachstein-Woolwear-Austrian-Boiled-Footlet/dp/B01M0BHR9G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1508283274&sr=8-4&keywords=boiled+wool+mens+sock - quite pricey, but I bet they do the job! All the slippers I found have a sole of some sort, which I don't really want - I intend to sleep in these if push comes to shove!  :)

The price isn't really too bad considering they are 100% wool.  There is a place in Australia that sells sock yarn for $15 a ball and at least it takes 2 balls to make a pair of socks and they aren't 3 ply even.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this lovely morning, 105 (5.82) at bedtime last night.

The trees are all down now, but lots of clean up to be done. And none too soon, very windy this afternoon and on until midnight. First time since July, I'm not afraid of the wind...not to say I like it though.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on October 17, 2017, 08:05:39 PMShanny, you may want to look at Baffin slippers.  Tamagno turned me on to these a couple of years ago "like sleeping bags for your feet" is their slogan.  They do not have soles and so are not meant for outdoors but they are really warm.
Do you think they'd stay on when I sleep in them? Part of the trouble I've had before is losing them in the bed during the night.
Quote from: bigskygal on October 17, 2017, 08:21:15 PM
I'm not afraid of the wind...not to say I like it though.
I get really edgy when the wind picks up. I've always blamed it on being born/raised in Tornado Alley.