You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on October 21, 2017, 11:43:07 PM
Wally,

Many thanks for the review of the Contour Next One.
I think that the meter would also connect to a computer with Bluetooth, therefore the USB cable is not supplied. All modern computers have WiFi & Bluetooth Options.

I'm of the opinion that we start a new board under the Diabetes category, titled "Equipment" and copy/paste your post there. All discussions on equipment for Diabetes can be moved there. We have a low membership count today, but some day in the future it might come in handy for newbies visiting the forum. What say ?
SKB, I think that is a good idea.  This fasting thread is often a catch all because some of us post here every day.  I am guilty of putting things here that would be better in other locations. 
The meter used Bluetooth to connect to their app on Android and IOS phones but to connect to the Glucofacts program on Windows you have to use USB.  It uses a mini USB to USB A cable to connect to the computer.  Often known as an OTG cable.  Same as used by most Android phones. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  We only got up to 72° yesterday but it is supposed to be 84° today and 92° tomorrow then around there for the rest of the week.  Starting November 1st it looks like it will cool down a lot more.
Tamagno, the lances that Contour is using are called Microlet by Ascentia.  I think that the silicone coating is what makes the difference.  At least they are a lot easier for me.  They look like they would fit a number of lancing devices.  They all came in a kit when I bought the new meter for $1.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

96 (5.32) this drizzly morning, 96 at bedtime last night too.

Tamagno, I have used Nature's Miracle in the past, it has a faint clove scent. The Fizzion product does a much better job removing stains and odors with no after scent.

My ears have been stuffed up for two days...this junk is just not going away.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: skb on October 21, 2017, 11:43:07 PM
Wally,

Many thanks for the review of the Contour Next One.
I think that the meter would also connect to a computer with Bluetooth, therefore the USB cable is not supplied. All modern computers have WiFi & Bluetooth Options.

I'm of the opinion that we start a new board under the Diabetes category, titled "Equipment" and copy/paste your post there. All discussions on equipment for Diabetes can be moved there. We have a low membership count today, but some day in the future it might come in handy for newbies visiting the forum. What say ?

That sounds like a very good idea. It will certainly help people Search the forum in an organised manner.

73 before dinner and 88 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

123 today. Diwali after effect clubbed with a birthday party last night. Did not have the cake but they had fresh custard apple icecream and prawn biryani.

Have had a good 4 day break with almost being in hibernation. Hoping to get back to exercise from today.

Tamagno

121 this morning.

Had an interesting talk with Big Pharma Friend last evening regarding the on-going search for an "artificial pancreas," beta cells, etc. He spends a tremendous amount of his professional time poring through vast numbers of medical studies and often sees them before they're generally available. As far as I can tell, the same issues of glucose reading accuracy as well as our familiar issues of carb and insulin sensitivities and environmental variations remain the big stumbling blocks. Personally, I don't see any way at all to safely deliver insulin without some sort of individual intervention on a pretty regular basis, however it appears to remain something of a "holy grail" topic among endocrinology researchers.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  I'm guessing that it must be allergies but really stuffed up today.  Weather is nice and it's not windy so who knows ? 
Southern California is going to be under Red Flag conditions and fire danger is extremely high.  In some areas temps will get to over 100° (37.8°C) and high winds.
Tamagno, an artificial pancreas would be a great thing for T-1's and I am sure there will be something eventually.  It has to be a very complicated thing to just get close.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this blue sky morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

It was a lovely Fall day today, no wind thank goodness. The leaves are almost all down. Ears are still plugged up...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

73 before dinner last evening and a 89 today as fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

129 today. Checked earlier than i should. I need to get my dinner time right. Plus the Diwali dump is still in my system.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on October 24, 2017, 12:33:02 AM
the Diwali dump is still in my system.

Same here, and it will continue for this entire week.

Paulomi, have you tried The BG Tracker. It helps in seeing your swings in the chart and identifying patterns and problem areas. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

104 this morning.

Got up this morning, donned my lined jeans, warm socks and heavy shirt only to discover that it's nearly 68 degrees out. Very odd and certainly won't last. We've also strong winds that began last evening portending some distinct weather changes.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Haha! Today must be the day, then, because Chuck got out his lined jeans too - actually the pair he wore today are khakis - but they sure make all the difference in the world! He keeps a woolen blanket beside his chair & I think he didn't need it at all. He also keeps a pair of jersey gloves by his chair, and I DID see him wearing his gloves once.

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  No lined jeans here !  We were at 89° yesterday and should be 90° today, overnight low 62°.  Actually shorts weather.  They had a high of 102° in Los Angeles yesterday and it is supposed to be 104° today.  Record Temperatures and it is going to be hot for the first game of the World Series.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this frosty morning, 101 (5.6) at bedtime last night.