You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

157 this morning.

Yesterday I was without internet as a result of a great deal of heavy rain and high winds so, of course, couldn't post. Miraculously, I didn't lose power and obviously am back on line.

SKB, your granddaughter is so lovely!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  It is supposed to be cooler today and we are supposed to be in the low 70's and high 60's for at least the next several days.
Tamagno, glad you are back up and posting.  It can be frustrating when you are cut off.  In the past here there were power outages every time it rained but there was a major upgrade a couple of years ago and we should be OK now.  Time will tell.
CCD, Glad your husband is taking his exercise serious, good for both of you.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

Whelp, I left my monitor at work and had to go directly to Rotary, so post breakfast I'm at 135.

When we don't have internet access I feel as if I'm missing my right hand, so glad you're online Tamagno.

Hooray for cooler weather!

bigskygal

98 (5.43) this cloudy morning, 103 (5.71) at bedtime last night.

I am lost when the internet is down. I don't get out much and it is my contact with the world.

CCD glad to hear DH is taking his exercise seriously.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on October 31, 2017, 07:30:23 PM
I am lost when the internet is down. I don't get out much and it is my contact with the world.

True that. We've become quite used to & attached to these access points. I wonder what technology we will be using in the next 10-15 years.

My numbers have dropped a couple of points but they are still very much on the higher side.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Talking of connectivity, I'm travelling on a work assignment for the next couple of days. I might not be able to login and post.

ccd, great news about your husband. With competition within the family it will be easy for you to lose the extra pounds that you want to.

I was at 77 last evening before meal time and 90 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

118 today morning after some cautious eating

I cannot function with internet anymore. Feel so handicapped. I need to get back to reading soon but i hardly get a continuous time to read and hence watch more shows on netflix than reading. The pleasure of reading a book cover to cover!

Tamagno

104 this morning.

Well, I certainly am glad for many aspects of the internet which I use nearly exclusively for all manner of communication and miss it when I'm without. I'd got on it fairly early with my first PC running DOS with 1k memory and a program called Prodigy that had few participants.

My recent outage caused me to recall my pre-digital age and what I did for entertainment. I seem to vaguely remember an excess of pizza and beer...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Well, it did cool down a bit to 76° yesterday and it should be even cooler today.  Still quite nice and comfortable outside.  There is a slight chance of rain next Monday, 20%, but I don't expect to see any, just wind.
I also am so used to having internet connection that it is quite unsettling to have it go down.  I do have my phone as kind of a backup but I am not very good at using it.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Our DSL went out for a short while during the night last night, but I just fold my tent & went to bed, and when I got up this morning, it had righted itself!  ;D

auntiekris

Snap Wally, 95.

My mom and aunt have rented a house in Mendocino at Christmas for the family.  According to the online reviews, there is no internet access.  I'm thinking of conducting my own social experiment when I see my 15 year old nephew and 13 year old niece realize this for the first time.  Luddite Christmas!

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this rainy morning, 94 (5.21) at bedtime last night.

It only got to mid 40's today, cloudy and rainy.  Tonight's low predicted is 29°F (-1.6°C), snow predicted for Friday.

Tree guy worked all day in the rain, raking and pruning. He is a real hard worker. Hopefully he will finish tomorrow.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: auntiekris on November 01, 2017, 03:07:35 PM
I'm thinking of conducting my own social experiment when I see my 15 year old nephew and 13 year old niece realize this for the first time.

I want to do that for myself sometimes but till work pressures last I can't do that. I do want to disable apps like WhatsApp in the meantime.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

121 today morning. Wrong dinner choices.

I think disconnecting is a good idea but not an easy choice. Also, for introverts it does give a perfect controlled balance of socializing without having to interact.

Tamagno

131 this morning.

Today is busy with pump training on my new insulin pump followed by a CAT scan at the oncologist.

I'm with you CCD in that the Internet fits my own flavor of misanthropy perfectly. Your Christmas experiment will likely be fascinating for all concerned, AuntieKris, unless, of course, the children have satellite phones!