You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

107 this morning.

It really felt like winter yesterday with winds from the East at 20 mph.  The whole house felt cold.

Our kitchen looks bare and forlorn with no countertops, sink or rugs on the floor.  Yesterday we talked to the contractor and he showed us a picture of the 'slab' of quartz we chose.  It is different in a long piece than in the sample shown in the showroom.  This will not feel like our kitchen for a long time.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  We dipped down to 69° yesterday for our high and below the predicted 74°, still, not cold and no wind ! 
Kathy, soon it will be done and you can enjoy a new kitchen.   ~hgr~
I usually microwave my vegies but I am going to try roasting. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this cool morning, 89 (4.93)
at bedtime last night.

I think I may have found the reason for my weird #'s. My code on my meter got changed to 26 from 25, who knows when or how, but when I changed it back yesterday, my #'s look more in line. Or it just may be what it is...

Today is the 20th anniversary of my DH's passing.  It hardly seems possible it has been that long and I still miss him so much. The good part about it is he is not suffering anymore and is at peace.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

@bsg, what meter do you use ? Mine doesn't have any codes.

I was feeling crappy last night so I slept without eating. As a result I'm at 89 this morning after a 83 in the evening
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

Rocky, my meter is a One Touch Ultra 2 . It has a set code, but stupid operator errors can change the #

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

I use a One Touch - Select which requires no coding and a Accu Chek Active which has a code chip that needs to be inserted everytime with a change of strips.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on November 12, 2017, 08:22:25 PM
Today is the 20th anniversary of my DH's passing.  It hardly seems possible it has been that long and I still miss him so much. The good part about it is he is not suffering anymore and is at peace.
~hug~

Tamagno

112 this morning.

The disarming feature of all meters is the possibility go up to a 20% error rate (though I've not heard of nor tried any I think are so far off). I was surprised in working with my recent pump trainer to hear her tell me that she relies on her CGM for bolusing, however, as they can be much more inaccurate even though now FDA approved for that purpose. I test by finger stick before eating and/or if very high or low just as a guideline.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

139 this morning.  I have discovered that my blood glucose starts on an upward climb if I accidentally leave the infusion set in place for more than 2 days.  I have an elevated number this morning because today is the day I am scheduled to insert a new infusion set and I overlooked that fact. 

For what it is worth, I use a Bayer Contour Next One meter that sends a reading to my phone.  This is kind of handy if I want to check what a previous reading was.  My meter doesn't require a code either.  I also have an Accu-Chek Guide which can send a reading to my phone as well and I use this meter as a backup.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  The weather guru's are not making very good predictions right now.  Yesterday was supposed to be partly cloudy, actually 100% cloudy all day.  High temp was supposed to be 74° and was 68° so they have missed the boat by a bit.  It's supposed to be 74° today and sunny so we will see.
I believe that the FDA changed their requirements for blood glucose monitors and now they are required to be within 15% accuracy now.  I also use the Contour Next One meter and it seems to be very accurate or at least consistent.  It also needs no code but like Barbara, I can mess up the most foolproof system with the dreaded "operator error ".
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

71 this a.m. and now up to 226.  Seeing the doc tomorrow.

Hugs Barbara.

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this cold morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

rocky

Quote from: Grammabear on November 13, 2017, 09:08:05 AM
139 this morning.  I have discovered that my blood glucose starts on an upward climb if I accidentally leave the infusion set in place for more than 2 days.  I have an elevated number this morning because today is the day I am scheduled to insert a new infusion set and I overlooked that fact. 

So you have to change the infusion set every 2 days ?

81 last evening before dinner and 92 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: Shanny on November 13, 2017, 05:00:23 AM
Quote from: bigskygal on November 12, 2017, 08:22:25 PM
~hug~

I am sorry bigskygal. It seems you lost him young. My mom also lost my father young and although she has emerged so much stronger through the adversity, i am sure there are bouts of loneliness now that we have all grown up. We all have the same solace. That he did not suffer much. He had uncontrolled diabetes and used to smoke. One heart attack and a week in hospital and things just ended.

Tamagno

119 this morning.

Slim pickings on Netflix lately! My wife's into Blue Bloods that has some virtue and interest for me, but too many reminders of life in New York City. I think I've gotten picky in my old age and may well now qualify for being totally out of touch with contemporary culture.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost