You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

I must be a strange duck . . . I have only four shows bookmarked to watch occasionally, and they are NCIS, Unforgettable, the Mentalist, and - of all things - Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman! I guess the first three are all law-&-order ilk, but Dr. Quinn?! Maybe it's just because Sully is so cute!  ;D

Grammabear

106 this morning.

Rocky ~ Yes, I have to change the infusion set every two days.  Some people can go three days before they change the infusion set, but I have to change more often.  By the end of the 2nd day my blood sugar has already started to spike.  It is my opinion that the body starts rejecting the cannula as though it were a foreign body (which it is actually) and starts growing the area around the cannula to go closed - hence I get less insulin than I require.

We got our new countertop yesterday, today he returns to do the caulking and do the final checks.  Then the electrician comes, after that the plumber and then the tile guy.  I will be glad when they are finished.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Our low temp this morning is 65°.  Quite a difference from the mid 40's we have been having.  High today is supposed to be 74° and that is probably on target.
Tamagno,   ~hyt~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

63 this morning.  Off the charts last night, sigh. 

Hope your remodel finishes soon GB. 

Most of my TV watching is limited to hockey, the (real) beautiful game.

Wally, heat wave?!

I just bought a book called Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, by Betty Edwards.  Exciting and scary at the same time, as stick figures are about all I can muster, artistically speaking.  Trying to change things up after 20 years of crunching numbers!

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on November 14, 2017, 09:34:22 AM
It is my opinion that the body starts rejecting the cannula as though it were a foreign body (which it is actually) and starts growing the area around the cannula to go closed - hence I get less insulin than I require.

Excellent point, Kathy.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

93 (5.15) this cloudy morning, 88 (4.88)
at bedtime last night.

Temps have been mid 40's during the day and low 20's at night the last few days, with a little rain.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

After binge watching the White Collar, i am now depressed. Watching "Big Little Lies" right now. Wonderful acting.

"This is us" remains my favorite show followed by Modern Family

rocky

Quote from: Tamagno on November 14, 2017, 05:38:10 AM
I may well now qualify for being totally out of touch with contemporary culture.

And I thought I was alone in this.

80 for the evening number and 94 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on November 14, 2017, 11:42:58 PM
"This is us" remains my favorite show followed by Modern Family

Cosmos and Inexplicable Universe for me. I'm off Pablo Escobar since Ami is out for a few days  :D :D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

112 this morning.

Grammabear, that's a great point about the cannula that's hadn't considered. I use little insulin and so went five days before changing my first one at which point I noticed some small irritation at the site. Still learning my way around the new pump.

Rocky, the banes of my secret pleasure, vis, crossword puzzles (best iPad version is by Redstone, version 1.2.7), are sports and pop culture clues. Good grief, I may have to bookmark TMZ...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on November 15, 2017, 05:28:16 AM
112 this morning.

Grammabear, that's a great point about the cannula that's hadn't considered. I use little insulin and so went five days before changing my first one at which point I noticed some small irritation at the site. Still learning my way around the new pump.

Rocky, the banes of my secret pleasure, vis, crossword puzzles (best iPad version is by Redstone, version 1.2.7), are sports and pop culture clues. Good grief, I may have to bookmark TMZ...

101 this morning.  My blood sugar numbers have been awful the past week or so.  I know I am not ill, but there is a lot of stress associated with this kitchen renovation.  I hope things settle down soon.  I don't like having numbers in the 200 + range (11+).  :(

John - Since you have a newer version of Tandem's pump than I do, the guidelines may have changed.  When I was given training for the pump from Tandem, the pump trainer was an RN in addition to a CDE.  She told me not to go anymore than 3 days between changing infusion sets.  I already knew my body seems to start shutting down around the cannula before the end of 2 days, so that is how often I have to change.  Since you use little insulin you don't have to fill the cartridge with the full amount.  You can put in only the amount you use in 3 days if you want to do that.  Everyone is different and you know your body better than anyone else.

I think there is a scientific name for the process where the body starts growing around the cannula.  However I am not scientifically minded, so I don't know the term for it. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Grammabear

Quote from: skb on November 14, 2017, 08:25:11 PM
Quote from: Grammabear on November 14, 2017, 09:34:22 AM
It is my opinion that the body starts rejecting the cannula as though it were a foreign body (which it is actually) and starts growing the area around the cannula to go closed - hence I get less insulin than I require.

Excellent point, Kathy.

Thank you for the kind words.  Do you know the scientific term for this process if there is a better terminology?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Kind of back to normal with the overnight low of 47° and a high of 73° yesterday.  Not exactly a heat wave Kris bit very comfortable.  Todays high is supposed to be 81° and I find that kind of hard to believe.  There is a 20% chance of rain tomorrow night and Friday morning but we will probably only see wind.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

158 this morning. 

Doc took me off the Lantus which I was taking around 20mg at night.  Am now on Humulin 30/70, taking 5mg in the morning and 10mg at night.  We will see how it goes. 

81 in mid November just doesn't seem right, Wally.  We have rain today and hopefully tomorrow.

Grammabear

Quote from: auntiekris on November 15, 2017, 10:59:51 AM
158 this morning. 

Doc took me off the Lantus which I was taking around 20mg at night.  Am now on Humulin 30/70, taking 5mg in the morning and 10mg at night.  We will see how it goes. 

81 in mid November just doesn't seem right, Wally.  We have rain today and hopefully tomorrow.

When I was using Lantus for my multiple daily injections, I found that Lantus only lasted 16 hrs for me.  So then the Doctor advised trying doing two injections per day, one in the morning and one approximately 12 hrs later.  This helped but did not solve the problem.  Then we tried Levemir which worked much better for me and did two injections per day.  So, there are other options out there if the 30/70 split does not work for you.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021