You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on November 15, 2017, 08:20:10 AM
Thank you for the kind words.  Do you know the scientific term for this process if there is a better terminology?

I don't but Google does. It's Lipohypertrophy
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

0 (4.99) this partially cloudy morning, 86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on November 15, 2017, 08:15:45 AM
I know I am not ill, but there is a lot of stress associated with this kitchen renovation.  I hope things settle down soon. 

About stress, I've always believed it is a good thing, not bad. I've seen many high performers enjoy stressful situations. That was even before I had heard this ;

https://www.ted.com/talks/kelly_mcgonigal_how_to_make_stress_your_friend

Numbers are finally striking range. 96 before dinner and 114 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

83 before dinner last evening and 95 this morning
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

112 this morning.

Thanks, Kathy. My Tandem trainer also said three days. However, on account of my laziness and desire to save insulin and insert sets, I'll likely still stretch it out and see what happens.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

47 this morning and I had a difficult time getting it back upwards to 81.  Diabetes is never boring.

John - I can tell you what happened to me after I 'forgot'  how many days I had a set inserted and left it for 4-1/2 days.  I got an abdominal abscess which ended up sending me to a surgeon so he could open it.  Not a fun process.  It took a total of 9 weeks for the abscess to heal and a fair number of trips back to the surgeon for treatment.  When the trainer said 3 days, that is just one of the reasons why.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  Not really sure where that came from but it will come down.  We are looking at a possibility of some rain today and tonight although mostly farther North, Kris will probably see some rain.  It looks possible though as we have complete cloud cover and it has kept it warmer, this mornings low was 65°.  There is snow expected in the Sierras and that is a good thing.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

127 this am.  Am all over the place, my social life is definitely my Achilles heel.

Quote from: Grammabear on November 16, 2017, 10:11:33 AM
Diabetes is never boring.

Truer words never spoken, GB.

Hope you get some rain Wally, it's been coming down here since last night.

skb

Mumbai lies on the 19o N latitude and therefore the winters are very mild. We've started ours and the temperatures are something like 33/24 o C now.

BG is well behaved at 86/117 though.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

82 (4.54) this cloudy morning, 92 (5.1)
at bedtime last night.

Winter weather advisory popped up on my phone today for late tonight and tomorrow. Lots of snow. So I high-tailed it out this afternoon and did my Friday errands/shopping so I don't have to go out tomorrow.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: Grammabear on November 16, 2017, 10:11:33 AM
47 this morning and I had a difficult time getting it back upwards to 81.  Diabetes is never boring.

John - I can tell you what happened to me after I 'forgot'  how many days I had a set inserted and left it for 4-1/2 days.  I got an abdominal abscess which ended up sending me to a surgeon so he could open it.  Not a fun process.  It took a total of 9 weeks for the abscess to heal and a fair number of trips back to the surgeon for treatment.  When the trainer said 3 days, that is just one of the reasons why.

Oops. That is a lot of time to heal for an abscess. Possibly the diabetes added to the slowness of the process. Yes diabetes is a mystery and mysteries are never boring. But I also think that management of it is tougher for type 1 especially with a pump in place.

79 last evening before dinner and a 92 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

115 this morning.

I discover that I've cooked rather more than intended this week so will have some days eating leftovers as we use those up. Well, it just frees up more time for what will hopefully be a nice, quiet day of practicing...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

101 this morning.

I would love to open my refrigerator and find leftovers.  I am not the greatest cook but I am growing very weary of restaurant food or fast food.  At least I have my Keurig (coffee) machine that is working.  Don't know what I would do without my morning coffee.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Well, I was surprised that it got to 74° yesterday as it was cloudy all day and windy.  No rain though and it is going to be the same today.  Windy and it looks like the rain will stay a bit north of here.  More snow in the Sierras though.  The Mammoth Mountain Ski area has 32 inches right now with an expected 9 inches today.  That is good.
When I cook I always try to make enough for at least two meals.  It's great to just have to pop something in the microwave and dinner is done.  I very rarely have anything from fast food.  It used to be too far to go when I lived in the mountains and now that I am in town it's just habit.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

116 but just getting up and moving around and it's already up to 186. 

Coffee = mana from heaven.  As for cooking, I've never enjoyed it much.  Regardless, I need to do more of it in order to have more control of my sugars.

Rain has moved on, it's going to be a crystal clear day for my trip into the city.  Going to see the Klimt exhibit at the Legion, verrrrrry excited.

Happy Friday!