You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

Havent checked today. Down with cold cough and fever. Son turning 5 tomorrow and we have a party on the weekend. Hope i feel better before i have to play the host.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on November 26, 2017, 11:01:22 PM
Havent checked today. Down with cold cough and fever.

If you find this happening every time the weather changes, there's a short explanation on this page ;

http://metabolicallychallenged.blogspot.in/2013/10/good-practises.html?m=1

I've gotten over the frequent bouts with increasing my resistance by taking good quality Omega 3 every other day.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

If you've checked your temperature and it IS elevated, then I always suspect infection. The other signs are common allergic symptoms, but fever indicates infection.

Tamagno

140 this morning.

Wally, I get some of my morning news (after checking in here, of course) on WLBJ out of Austin, Texas where the weather reports are most always more, um, optimistic than here...

Should be a good day, vis, no plans and just quiet. My favorite!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

Quote from: bigskygal on November 26, 2017, 08:55:24 PM
94 (5.21) this cloudy morning, 97 (5.37)
at bedtime last night.

I've looked at those crusts several times Wally. Do they taste OK? No aftertaste?

I thought the Pizza crust tasted just fine.  No after taste that I noticed.  The crust is about 8 inches in diameter and, depending on what you put on it of course, the serving size of 1/2 would have been just fine for me.  Sometimes I let my eyes rule and actually ate more than I should have.  There are two in a package so I will try it again soon but I think it will become a keeper.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Weather is strange today.  It is supposed to be round 65° for a high today but at 7:00 AM it is 60° so it must not be going to warm up much.  It is supposed to be windy today and radar shown light rain in many areas but I doubt it will get wet here. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

71 this morning.

It is a quiet 32 deg F here this morning with loads of sunshine.  Our Thanksgiving company has returned home and the house is way too quiet.

Youngest son started the LCHF way of eating several months ago even though he doesn't have diabetes.  He has not only lost pounds, but inches around his waist.  He said he feels better than he has in years.  :)  It was good to see his favorable results.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Great that your son has followed your lead and is seeing such good results!

rocky

@ccd, hope you get well soon.

@grammabear, it works, doesn't it ?

79 last evening before dinner and 93 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

So late to report for today . had an appt with my eye dr, he put me on a 2y review as there were minimal changes. But because my ins requires once a year reports he put me back on a once a year exam.

eta: Well, that's what I get for posting so late...I didn't post my numbers!! Fasting on Monday was 104 (5.76) and bedtime the night before was 105 (5.82).

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

161 this morning.

Great news about your son, Grammabear! It's always terrific to hear of someone who hears about and has such good success with LCHF.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

129 this morning, don't know where that came from as last night I had one hypo after another.  I don't particularly like getting up at 2 a.m. because the CGM says my bg is 57 and the blood glucose meter says 108.  I think this cgm sensor is faulty.

The same son has paid off his student loan debt in a specific period of time, applied to be on the Dave Ramsey show (which is a national program) and was granted an opportunity to travel to Nashville, TN to be on the show.  He is beyond excited as it took many hours of working long, overtime hours to accomplish being debt free.

And if the above wasn't enough excitement for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, both of our sons have gifted my husband and I a pair of tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas Tour 2017 on Dec. 29, 2017 at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI.  Our eldest son will drive us to and from the center, so hubby doesn't even have to drive.  We are shocked to say the least !  Us old people can only take just so much excitement.   ;D
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

You raised good sons, Kathy! <3

walkerwally1

76 this morning.  Kind of surprised at that but I am not going to re-test.   :D  After I posted yesterday that it was 60° I watched the temp. go down to 56° by 8:00 AM and our high was 66° after all.  We are at 40° this morning so definitely cooler. 
Grammabear, good news all around !
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

auntiekris

Well at midnight was 47, totally panicked, ate too much and woke up at 200. 

I hope all had a good Thanksgiving!