You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this mostly clear but cold morning, 83 (4.6) at bedtime last night.

Grammabear you should be very proud of the great sons you raised!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Grammabear, enjoyed reading your post. I'm very close to my mum too.

79 before dinner last evening and 89 today morning.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Did not test today morning but am feeling much better than the last couple of days. My son's birthday was fabulous and he really enjoyed with his friends. I cannot believe he is 5. I remember when he was born and i was struggling and posting on this forum that i cant seem to get a hold over this motherhood thing.

GrammaB- you were a great help at that time. I remember you saying that whenever you find it hard, remember that its never going to be harder than what it is now. You have raised awesome sons and I hope i can look back someday and feel the same. Enjoy the concert!

We have a birthday party on Saturday with a magician, tattoo guy and lots of friends over. He is excited and i am nervous about the hosting :)

I am the only introvert in all his friends' parents and somehow all of them feel that i am a closet extrovert waiting to be fixed. Am tired of explaining that it is not like i dont enjoy their company but i need a break from "people".

Tamagno

133 this morning.

Grammabear, that's yet more great news about your sons! Let us know which episode of Dave Ramsey will have your son so we can listen. As for CGM readings, well, just not always accurate (I'm told there's a new G6 coming out that's a huge improvement - I don't know just how. All the pump manufacturers are trying hard to develop a closed loop system).

CCD, I can certainly understand the dilemma of shyness, especially at larger gatherings. While I admit to resorting to simply asking about others - lets them talk about everyone's favorite topic - socializing remains trying to me as well. As for children's birthday parties, I can only imagine the chaos! A tattoo guy?

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

168 this morning.  That high reading came out of nowhere but maybe is a result of yesterday when I had a number of low bg readings.  Mr. Liver always has the last word.

Hubby and I are excited for our son to meet Dave Ramsey.  Son had a most difficult time paying off student loans and the opportunity to meet the man responsible for giving him the iniative is going to be awesome.  The other thing that impresses our son is that when he went to college, his degree was in communications and broadcasting.  He loves radio which isn't a good way to make a living, but radio has always been in his heart.  For him to get a chance to be on this show is awesome.

CCD - You definitely are not alone.  I enjoy being around people, but I prefer it to be small crowds and not large ones.  I love having a one to one conversation with a friend rather than attend a huge party where many people are talking.  Hope your little guy has a terrific time at his party.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Cool for here with a high yesterday of 63° and no rain in sight for at least the next 10 days.  Pretty normal for here.
CCD, I've always been pretty much an introvert and when with a group I prefer to sit back and watch.  One thing about getting older, at my age people know better than trying to change me.   :D
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: Tamagno on November 29, 2017, 05:27:36 AM
A tattoo guy?

Kids love getting fake tattoos made on their hands. So there is usually a guy who paints cartoon characters on their hands at birthday parties. Its a huge hit with kids. My daughter till yesterday hated a single mark on her hand and today announced that she wants a huge dragon going up till her shoulder at my son's birthday!

I am trying not to imagine the horror when they ask to be inked when they grow up!

auntiekris

Another low of 67 last night, 203 this morning.  The struggle continues, but I'll get there.

CCD, happy belated birthday to your son.   

GB, what lovely sons you have!

It's been chilly here lately.  I love this time of year, the hills start turning green, and the trees and grape vines are brilliant, vibrant colors.  Something about the light, it's magical.

And now back to year-end tax planning, sigh.

Shanny

We suffer the same introvert/extrovert issues around here . . . why is it that extroverts always think introverts need 'fixing'?! We're perfectly happy just the way we are! Years ago I set up an email account & other things with the name 'we.be.hermits', which is a subtle reference to our introversion. We're happier now than we've ever been, having found a home out in the country where people rarely find us. Our nearest neighbors are half mile away, and they keep an eye on us, but don't pester us. Some of our kids seem to think we live huddled out here in abject loneliness & despondency, but they are wrong. We love this quiet life & our books & things - you all already know we don't have TV. We don't require such activity and entertainment as they seem to need. It's just a shame that people believe everyone else should be exactly like they are!  >:(

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this partly cloudy morning,
93 (5.15) at bedtime last night.

Definitely a hermit here too! I enjoy small groups of friends but not large crowds at all.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

117 today morning.

I totally agree Shanny. I think a lot of people take it personally that you dont think that they are good enough to be your friends. Or that you dont want to spend time with them. Shopping at malls is my worst nightmare and window shopping is an insane idea. "Atleast try- you will enjoy" is a phrase i hear every week. I have to go to a lot of these outings as the kids want to and they are too young to go alone. But i am going to take quite a few steps back once they grow up and become independent.

rocky

CCD, happy that you are well. Have a grand celebration. And a belated happy birthday from me too.

77 last evening before dinner and 92 fasting today.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

128 this morning.

My observation is that many "extroverts" are simply anxiety ridden and chatter endlessly (often about the same thing) as a way of relieving undue stress. As is so often the case, the person in need of "repair" is the one being critical.

Grammabear, I'm awfully impressed with your son and look forward to the day he has his own radio show!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.  I struggle with nighttime lows even after lowering my insulin rates.  Prior to this year, in the colder months I have always required more insulin.  This year is proving to be different for whatever reason I do not know.

John - My younger son loves broadcasting however even though his degree is communications/broadcasting, he was not able to find a job in that field.  I suspect radio will always be his hearts' desire.

Today is a sunny 38 deg (3 C) and I heard the weather lady on television say last night - "enjoy the warmer sunny weather because by the weekend, it will all change!!"
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Weather doesn't look like there is going to be any change for a while.  Temps in the 65-70° range and mostly sunny.  Pretty mild going into December.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"