You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

That is the sweetest picture, Paulomi! Makes me miss the days when my kids were small. Be sure to enjoy these days to the fullest, because in the blink of an eye, these little ones will be fifty years old with kids & grandkids of their own! BTDT!  <3

Grammabear

71 this morning.

Our internet went down yesterday and isn't working so well today.  Funny how one misses these modern conveniences.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Quote from: Tamagno on December 03, 2017, 05:30:56 AM
!

Well, I have to confess missing the textures and flavors of some of those bready foods like tacos. I'm thinking of trying something next week that will have a crunch to it and am looking into panko or maybe some crumbled taco. I'll have to look around to see if I can find some LC versions.
I have had pretty good luck making taco shells out of cheese.  I have used two slices of Provolone overlapped on a piece of parchment paper and microwaved until melted and then as it cools folding over to form a shell.  Also works with shredded cheese spread on the parchment paper then melted and folded.  It takes a bit of experimentation to get the times right but pretty easy after that.  Works just like a regular taco shell and crispy too.
96 this morning and heading for freezing weather tomorrow overnight.  First hard freeze this winter.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

78 (4.32) this snowy morning, 85 (4.71) at bedtime last night.

Only about an inch of snow overnight, it snowed on and off during the day, but still only about an inch on the ground. One downside I might see from the tree removal is that they protected my satellite dish from the snow.  I may find myself out clearing the dish more often.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Great picture ccd. Hope they had a great party withe magician and the tattoo guy. If you have any pictures showing them facing the camera, post them too.

81 last evening and 94 this morning. 
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

96 this morning.

That's a great idea, Wally! My wife bought a bag of chips made of basically just Parmesan cheese done like that - for about $2/oz. With some experimenting, there are lots of options. Once my turkey leftovers are gone, I'll play around with it some more.

How is the kitchen remodel going, Grammabear?
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on December 04, 2017, 05:37:17 AM
96 this morning.

That's a great idea, Wally! My wife bought a bag of chips made of basically just Parmesan cheese done like that - for about $2/oz. With some experimenting, there are lots of options. Once my turkey leftovers are gone, I'll play around with it some more.

How is the kitchen remodel going, Grammabear?

92 this morning.  We have been spoiled by the mild weather recently, but tonight is supposed to get down to 28 F and that will be quite a shock.

John - Kitchen remodel:  The workmen are coming to put in the tille and backsplash on Dec 11th and to do the grouting the following day.  I think they will be finished after that (I hope).  It has been so funny trying to remember 'where' we put things as we had what the contractor calls "cupboard inserts" installed.  This required removing everything from the lower cupboards before the inserts could be installed.  One does accumulate a lot of 'stuff' over the last 47 years.  We downsized to just the things that we have used in the last 5 years.  Now, we are continually asking each other - "Do you remember where we put the round dish used for quiche"?  Kinda funny for two older folks whose memory might forget now and again.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  I was expecting it to be cooler this morning but our low was 42° so not near freezing.  Tomorrow it is supposed to go below freezing so we will see.  Southern California is looking at high winds and high temps for the next week and fire danger is very high. 
Tamagno, yeah, it is fun to experiment and easy to do in the microwave.  I have made cheese snacks also the same way.
Grammabear, I know exactly what you are talking about.  When we moved back in August we had to go from a very large amount of cupboard space to "normal" space and it was a challenge to decide what to keep and what to ditch.  Then it has been a challenge to remember what went where.  The problem with having a lot of cupboard space is that sooner or later it all gets filled.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 04, 2017, 09:45:05 AM
95 this morning.  I was expecting it to be cooler this morning but our low was 42° so not near freezing.  Tomorrow it is supposed to go below freezing so we will see.  Southern California is looking at high winds and high temps for the next week and fire danger is very high. 
Tamagno, yeah, it is fun to experiment and easy to do in the microwave.  I have made cheese snacks also the same way.
Grammabear, I know exactly what you are talking about.  When we moved back in August we had to go from a very large amount of cupboard space to "normal" space and it was a challenge to decide what to keep and what to ditch.  Then it has been a challenge to remember what went where.  The problem with having a lot of cupboard space is that sooner or later it all gets filled.

Ah..ha...at last ~ someone who understands how getting a simple meal can be very challenging when you don't remember where that particular item is a reconfigured storage space.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 04, 2017, 09:45:05 AMSouthern California is looking at high winds and high temps for the next week and fire danger is very high. 
We've been under a burn ban for many days,  because people can't get it through their heads that burning leaves when it's tinder-dry is not a good idea. Our volunteer fire department was called out five times in one day for fires that were deliberately started to burn leaves. What the heck is wrong with these people?! Do they have a brain in their heads?! We need a good soaking rain for about 24 hours. And then another one about five days later!

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this mostly cloudy morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

High today was 35°F (1.65°C), tonight's low predicted at 20°F (-6.6°C). No rain or snow in the forecast for a week. Of course that is always subject to change...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

And we have some freaky weather too.

Southern India was hit by Cyclone Ockhi 2 day's ago, and now that system is moving northwards. It's been constantly drizzling since yesterday evening and will continue to be like this the whole day today. Mumbai lies on the coast of the Arabian Sea. This is quite a calm & tranquil sea, as compared to other seas, so it's very unusual to have cyclones here. But, as we've said before, things sure are changing.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

I read about the cyclone in the news.

82 last evening before dinner and 96 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

99 this morning.

Well, I like getting rid of excess stuff anywhere in the house I find it, including the kitchen. This year's Christmas catalogues are selling vast arrays of useless kitchen gadgets (an electric appliance just for making s'mores - really?).

Fortunately, at this point I mostly forget what's "put away for later" and rarely even look so make do with what's at hand. It's easier anyway...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

76 this morning.  I had the last of some leftover crack slaw for my supper last night, and my bg readings were great all evening.  Hubby must have forgotten we 'had' leftover crack slaw in the fridge or he would have had it for his dinner yesterday.  :)

We went from 62 deg F (16.67 C) yesterday at lunch time to 20 deg F (-6.67 C) this morning which is quite a change.  And now they are including the 'S' word in our forecast for tomorrow.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021