You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

84 before meals yesterday and a 101 today morning fasting.

Don't know where that came from. I have a feeling some infection is creeping in. Hope I'm wrong. I have a busy week ahead.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

131 this morning.

Bigskygal, another benefit of your move would be having family around as you get older. It's a real problem if you're sick (God, forbid) and haven't anyone to help out.

Well, our brief spell of warmer weather has fled over night and it appears we're back to winter. I need to make the trip to Costco today, but find myself chilly and lazy this morning so may just wait and stay home near the fire today.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We aren't having any of the winds that are beating up Southern California closer to the coast.  The wildfires continue with almost no containment and the high winds are now supposed to continue through Saturday and maybe even Sunday.  Winds with gusts up to 75-80 MPH makes it almost impossible to contain a fire.  Thousands of people are under mandatory evacuation. 
Barbara, it is hard to change doctors, even when you are not too happy with the one you are seeing.  You wonder if it is a "out of the frying pan, into the fire" situation.  It took me a while to finally change but I am really glad I did.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

104 this morning.  We had a dusting of snow last night so it sort of looks white this morning.  It is only 20 deg F also, and windy.  I am definitely not looking for a reason to do errands today.  :)

I cannot imagine living with the threat of a wildfire, it must be extremely stressful.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

auntiekris

Rocky, hope you are not getting sick.

Barbara, my head just exploded at what your doctor said to you, good grief.

I'm jealous Tamagno, sitting by a fire sounds divine.

Heading up to the mountains tomorrow, so will get to do some of the same this weekend, yay.

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on December 06, 2017, 08:52:50 AMI hope she stays in our area for a long time.  Never thought I would have such a kind ear doctor.  :)
Years ago we found an internist up at the MU Clinics and she was so good! So kind and intuitive too - she got on especially well with DH and figured out a few of his worst issues. We asked if she'd be staying and she said yes. Unfortunately, her DH was a cardiologist at the Clinics, and he decided to move, so our dreams were shot down anyhow.  :'(

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 07, 2017, 09:09:07 AM
The wildfires continue with almost no containment and the high winds are now supposed to continue through Saturday and maybe even Sunday.  Winds with gusts up to 75-80 MPH makes it almost impossible to contain a fire.  Thousands of people are under mandatory evacuation. 

Saw the pictures on the news. It was pretty scary and the devastation was obvious. The fires can be seen by the International Space Station 400 kms up in the sky.

124 fasting.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this cloudy morning, 89 (4.93)
at bedtime last night.

Tamagno, yes, being so close to family would be wonderful. But I am sort of a hermit so it might also be too much. But family is a big factor in the idea of a move back.

auntiekris, yes I was appalled at that statement. When I told my friend (his nurse) she wasn't surprised at the comment. With all the male in power/female not, going on today, I just have to get away from this guy. My next pcp will be female.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Such close proximity to family, even though we adore our kids, would be disastrous for us and for the relationships. All that socializing would have a horrible effect - especially on DH  who has had social anxiety since childhood.

He has taught himself to interact with others, but it is a strain, and he needs time to get psyched up for it, and more time to get unwound afterward. We don't even go to church, because it became such an ordeal, and we decided that worship was not meant to be that hard, so we don't go anymore. The worship itself was fine, but all the social activity that came with it was so hard.

rocky

Quote from: auntiekris on December 07, 2017, 12:05:00 PM
Rocky, hope you are not getting sick.

Unfortunately, I've got a bad throat with the cold and flu.

114 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

114 this morning.

Well, I made the trek to Costco yesterday which is close enough to New York City to be over run with hurried, angry people. Talk about cause for social anxiety! Even though I'm aware of being slow and, um, somewhat sickly, some woman still managed to ram me with her cart. Good grief! I'm staying home today...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 08, 2017, 05:40:18 AM
some woman still managed to ram me with her cart.

Hope it was just a harmless bump.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  Wildfires continue to be the story here with two more breaking out yesterday.  The high winds and humidity around 5-6% make it extremely difficult to get the upper hand on them.  We have fires now from Ventura to San Diego which is most of Southern California between the ocean and the mountains.  Sadly a fire that started yesterday destroyed a training facility for thoroughbred horses and while they were able to save some, about 12 horses perished. 
It's going to be rough through the weekend.
Tamagno, this time of year going to Costco is something I avoid like the plague.  I can usually deal with the crowds but not near Christmas.
Rocky, bummer, get well soon.   ~cof~
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

I forgot, we were talking about Snow Geese the other day and here is an example of what most of our parks, soccer fields, etc. look like right now.  This is only about 1/4 of the Snow geese in this small park when I took the picture.

A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

auntiekris

126 this morning after a low of 46 and now at 217.  I'm starting to kinda get used to the lows and that is verrrry bad.  But, yesterday I remained under 200 so I feel I just need to keep up with the LCHF way and I'll get there.  I may need to ask to go off the current  partially fast acting insulin and back to Lantus.

Sorry to hear that Rocky, hope you feel better soon!

Ugh, the fires.  Heartbreaking.