You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

128 this morning.  My number came after a low of 49 earlier in the day.  I have to change my numbers again on the pump.

My heart goes out to the people being affected by the fires.  It is so very sad.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

I think you may have a good point, Kris, about going off the fast acting and staying on Lantus. You don't want to become hypo-unaware. If you observe LCHF strictly, you should need the fast-acting as much . . . just go by your readings.

Lantus is what I use . . . I've never been prescribed a fast-acting.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 08, 2017, 11:03:07 AM
here is an example of what most of our parks, soccer fields, etc. look like right now.  This is only about 1/4 of the Snow geese in this small park when I took the picture.

Wally, I enjoyed looking at your environs more than the geese. I'm "envious" in a good way, in the sense I'm happy for you, but if I were to send you a picture of Mumbai, it would only be lined with cars or people.

108 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this partly cloudy morning, 78 (4.32) at bedtime last night.

Rocky, hope you are better very soon.

I agree Shanny, that is one reason I am hesitant to live in DD's back yard. I don't like crowds or going out in them. I love my kids and grands dearly, but in small doses.

I hate shopping this time of year, anywhere. I gave up my Costco membership long ago as things are just too large for me alone. I have to go up to town Monday to pick up my new glasses and will do my Christmas shopping then. More and more I shop online when at all possible.

Wally, I read about the horses on my Twitter feed. A couple of chefs I follow posted about it with a link to a go fund me page to help out. So tragic. Did you see the video of the guy that got out of his car and rescued a rabbit from the fire? Amazing. He refused to be identified. Alton Brown another chef I follow said if he could find out who he was, he'd fly out and cook him a meal.

https://www.gofundme.com/thoroughbredcare

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Almost everything we buy comes in the mail anymore. Apart from perishables/produce, AmazonSmile can provide all of it! lol! (and we use AmazonSmile because they also contribute .5% of our purchases to a charity of our choice - for us that's Southern Poverty Law Center.)

We started out realizing how much easier it is to have the mail carrier bring it to the door (he'll usually bring it in & set it on the table for us!  ;D ) rather than us having to lug it from the store to the car and then from the car into the house.  Tonight we went out for a few groceries, but get this: three half-gallon jugs of milk got left in the car because it's cold enough it won't spoil, and we'll go out tomorrow & bring them in when we've had a good night's sleep & are refreshed! I know - we're weird.  ;)

I think our Christmas shopping will be done online, and there's every reason to suspect that everyone will get the same thing. Last year it was lovely bulb gardens, and they were all quite taken with those - so much that we wished we'd gotten one for ourselves! This year I'm thinking Royal Riviera pears - people have given those to use before and they're yummy!

rocky

Hi,

My flu is pretty bad. I'm taking the day off.

106 last evening and 122 this morning.

With infection in the body why does the BG rise ? Obviously it's the liver being helpful, but why does it do so ?
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

141 this morning.

Sorry you're poorly, Rocky, feel better soon!

Weather reports say we're due for 5" or so of snow today, so those Snow Geese would be welcome here, Wally (great photo!).

I went out to do some grocery shopping yesterday to beat the snow storm crowd and am looking forward to doing some cooking this afternoon with something besides left over turkey.

Those fires are so terrible; I pray for relief to those affected...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

141 this morning.  We got snow last night, but since it is still snowing I am not sure of the amount.

Rocky - Sorry about you being sick.  I don't know why glucose levels rise when sick, I just know it happens to all of us.

Shanny - I think you're an exceptionally smart lady for shopping online.  It seems the way to do it when the weather is bad or when it is too cold or when it is oppressively hot.  My hubby and I often do online shopping because it is much easier.  We live in a small town and usually can't find what we're looking for anyway without shopping online.

Tamagno - Shopping in a crowded store at this time of year seems to bring out the worst in a lot of people.  Our store was so crowded yesterday that it took us twice as long to make our usual trip through the store.  One lady was in such a hurry she nearly knocked an elderly gentleman to the floor.  I made sure she heard me say "slow down Lady."
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

111 this morning.  A bit high for me but not unexpected.  I had three tacos last night and used the LC Tortillas.  They are low carb but still 7g of carbs each and I just had to have three !  It will come down though.
There still a red flag condition that is supposed to last through Sunday which is because of the winds and very low humidity.  Winds have calmed down from what they were earlier so they have been able to gain control of more of the fires perimeters.  Right now there are 6 active fires. 
SKB, this area is in the Mojave Desert of California and I am in a town of about 35,000  population and quite a distance from the densely populated cities like the Los Angeles area.  I was born and raised in Los Angeles but since I moved out here about 25 years ago I could never go back.   
Barbara, Yeah, sad about the horses.  There was a stable a bit North West of here that lost 29 horses and the training facility at San Luis Rey Downs had 500 horsed there and lost 25 or 45 (?), conflicting reports.  The big problem is that the high winds drive these fires so fast there is very little time to react.
Rocky, I think you answered it.  The body is working to combat an infection and raising glucose levels is one of the ways it does.  It is a normal reaction and will get better as the infection goes away. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

94 (5.21) this foggy frosty morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

It got all the way up to 30°F (-1.1°C) today. It was foggy all day and the trees are covered with hoar frost which usually melts off but today it didn't. Tonight predicted to be 17°F (-8.3°C). Quite the Winter wonderland here.

Rocky hope you feel better soon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Rocky,

I'm here to keep you company. The brief weather disturbance with the cyclone got me too. Just an itchy throat for now and hopefully it will subside by nightfall. 121 fasting as a result of that.

To answer your question, let me say that even a small change in the body or it's functioning takes 1000s of years to accomplish, if not millions. Our body still responds with "The Fight or Flight Syndrome" to every stress, physical or mental. The brain starts pumping a mix of hormones into the blood stream for either Flight or Fight both of which would require a surge of glucose levels for instant action.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Thanks everyone. I'm better today but this infection will take a couple of days more. 90 last evening before I had anything and then 111 this morning. Better than yesterday.

skb, thanks for the explanation. I will keep that in mind and this may come in handy in other situations as well.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

130 this morning.

We did indeed have snow yesterday, but I doubt as much as predicted. It looks messy out and the snow is too wet and too little to use the snow blower. I feel badly about it as my wife will have to do the shoveling on her own. Don't know if we'll be getting out to church today or not.

Meanwhile, I spent time yesterday doing some cooking and have a lovely leg of lamb marinating and ready to roast for dinner.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

112 this morning.

We roasted a chicken yesterday so we could have leftovers throughout the week.  Though maybe there won't be so many leftovers as number 2 son and grandson are stopping in overnight on their way to Nashville, TN.  Grandson just happens to like chicken legs.

It is 22 deg F today and winds out of the north at 30 mph.  Uncomfortably cold.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  Ha, dinner does make a difference.  Low temp this morning at 28° (-2.2°C) but with 15% humidity no frost here.  Winds in the areas of the fires have calmed down some and they have made progress in controlling most of the fires.  Still many homes in danger and it will take 1-2 weeks for full containment in some areas.  Add this to the brutally destructive fire in the wine country earlier in the year and California has really taken a hit and December is not usually considered fire season. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"