You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

77 this morning.  Our low overnight was 28° (-2.2°C) so below freezing but it is supposed to warm up to 70° (21.1°C) today. 
Five of the six fires are close to complete containment but the largest is still only 20% contained and burning toward Santa Barbara.  After a week it is obvious that the news media is getting kind of bored with reporting about the fires and news is sparse. 
When we were in the mountains we had three wood stoves and in the winter had at least two going.  Wood was not cheap though.  We did get a permit and go to the National Forest and cut wood but it was always pine and it was a long drive as nothing was available near home.  Buying wood we could get hard wood but it was around $200 - $250 a cord and we usually burned around 4-5 cords a winter.  We also had central heat but it was propane and that was costly also.  Here in town we have a wood stove and a fireplace with an insert and can burn wood but we have central heat and natural gas so much cheaper to heat with. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

168, not sure what that's about. 

Glad you're on the mend Rocky.

Seems like the new kitchen is almost a reality GB!

Funny John, just the other day I was talking to my friends, and one said his favorite dish was lamb, but he was lamenting how here it seems so much of the fat is cut off.   

I love wood stoves and fires, even with all that's gone on here. 

I've taken to driving the back roads to work in the morning - it adds a little time and is double the miles, but the views in West Marin are magical and it's a beautiful way to start the day.  One day there will be fog rolling in, another day mist rising from the reservoirs, birds of all kinds, my favorite being turkey vultures.  Nature's recyclers! 

Shanny

We LIVE on a back road, and it's quite a place out here in the boondocks. I often hear people invoke the 'peace & quiet', but that's not been our experience. One day we heard a mighty splashing from the river, and it was three deer swimming across. Years ago we had beavers along our stretch of river, and when those little rascals got revved up, they made a huge racket slapping their tails. Then we had a terrible flood in 2003, and all their lodges/dams were washed away . . . they've never come back.  :(

One day you might see a beautiful doe with her fawns, and once in awhile you might even catch a glimpse of the stag! Another day your trip to town might be slightly delayed because a flock of wild turkeys is hogging the road.   ;) 

auntiekris

Sounds absolutely wonderful Shanny!

bigskygal

105 (5.82) this foggy morning, 98 (5.43) at bedtime last night.

It was so foggy this morning, I once again put off going up to town... tomorrow...have to have a blood draw before Friday's pcp appointment.

Glad you're feeling better Rocky.

Wow, new kitchen sounds great Grammabear!

All this talk of lamb reminds me I have some lamb stew meat in the freezer that I need to cook up soon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Since beef was banned here a couple of years ago, we eat a lot of lamb, out of lack of choices. Mostly it is cooked with different gravy for change of taste. But lamb mostly means "goat" meat on the Indian subcontinent.

Rocky's condition has improved, while mine has worsened. I have a bad cold & congestion. 127 today morning, which calibrates to around 110 on a more accurate meter or lab.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: skb on December 12, 2017, 10:06:56 PM
Rocky's condition has improved, while mine has worsened. I have a bad cold & congestion. 127 today morning, which calibrates to around 110 on a more accurate meter or lab.

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon. I'm much better now but still not out of the woods completely.

80 yesterday before meals and 92 this morning.

Anyone heard from ccd ? Long time, no see.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Went to visit my in laws with not so good internet connectivity there. Am back today. Will start posting from tomorrow. Hope all are doing well!

Grammabear

117 this morning.

The weather is cold here at present with a high temperature of 23 deg F.  I need to find my warm winter stuff like hat, scarf and mittens in addition to my winter coat.  Sigh...........winter weather is not my favorite.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Tamagno

137 this morning.

You know, Shanny, we live in the woods also (and it's cold today). I'm starting to hear wolves at night which development doesn't please me much. Of course, like mountain lions, the state insists there aren't any in Connecticut but...

So sorry you're under the weather, SKB, feel better!

This go around, my lamb marinade included some sweet vermouth that added an interesting sweetness to it that I really like. Tomorrow I'm going to make a meat loaf to which I'm going to add some chorizo sautéed in it and see how it is.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Another morning at just below freezing but it is supposed to get up to 70° today.  Not sure about that as we only made it to 62° yesterday.  There is a very slight chance of rain after Christmas but it is too far out to predict with any accuracy.
Off in a bit to see my PCP but she didn't order any lab work so I don't know what there will be to discuss.  Just a chat session O guess.
Get better SKB.
John, let me know how the chorizo is.  I always add ground pork to my meatloaf but the chorizo sounds like it would add flavor.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

We have dr. appts. today too, but woulda missed it completely if DH hadn't stayed on track & let me know early on that today is WEDNESDAY, not still Tuesday as I was feeling it. My mind is not keeping up like it should, and I suppose that's something that should definitely be discussed at the dr. appt. today!

As my mom used to say . . . getting old is not for sissies!  :-[   And her mind stayed sharp until the very last minute . . .

auntiekris

190 - hello Christmas party.  :(

Feel better SKB!

Shanny, you seem pretty with it to me...

Mmmmmm, meatloaf!

walkerwally1

Since being retired I found it really easy to forget what day it was.  My saving reminder is that I still keep a daily diary and record my bg readings and meals and the first thing I enter is the date and day of the week.  It's a habit I started when I first started LCHF and just have continued.  It does help me stay on track.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

I also had a GP doctor appointment today EXCEPT just as I was pulling into the parking lot of the Dr. office, my cell phone rang.  It was the receptionist at the Dr office saying the Dr had to leave so she could help one of her pregnant ladies deliver a baby.  Now I have to reschedule the appointment and hope I remember the correct time.

It kind of really annoys me because my DH, #2 son and grandson left our house this morning for Nashville, TN.  Our son is going to be on the Dave Ramsey radio show because Dave features stories of people who have paid off a huge debt of some sort.  Son paid off a huge student loan debt in just over 18 months.  I could have gone with the guys, but No, I had to be home so I could keep the Dr. appt because Medicare requires a visit every 90 days.  Sigh.......
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."