You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Our kids gave us an atomic  clock years ago, and it not only shows us the correct time for our time zone, it gives us the day and date along with indoor & outdoor temperatures as well. Trouble is, it needs batteries right now & I need to get off my caboose & find some!

Shanny

Did I say this earlier here today? No good deed goes unpunished? Well now here's another old adage . . . sometimes we can't win for losing!  :(   So sorry you missed the trip for nothing, Kathy.

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on December 13, 2017, 02:30:33 PM
Did I say this earlier here today? No good deed goes unpunished? Well now here's another old adage . . . sometimes we can't win for losing!  :(   So sorry you missed the trip for nothing, Kathy.

Sure hope Medicare doesn't realize it will have been more than 90 days since I last saw the Dr.  Then I will be more than annoyed. :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

102 (5.65) this snowing morning, 99 (5.48) at bedtime last night.

Should have gone to town yesterday. Woke up to find it snowing this morning... It was a slow drive but I made it up and back OK. The snow was over by the time I left the Ophthalmologist's office.

High today 32°F (0°C) low tonight predicted 17°F (-8.3°C). brrr!

Grammabear, if we don't show up for an appointment they will bill us anyway. So not fair...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: Shanny on December 13, 2017, 02:30:33 PM
Did I say this earlier here today? No good deed goes unpunished?

Good one Shanny.
Great to have you back ccd.

84 last evening before dinner and 99 this morning. A little high, but I did have a cookie with my coffee yesterday.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

155 this morning.

Wally, chorizo is hard to find around here without too much expense, but I found some and will let you know how it is in the meatloaf. I'm going to sauté it in a few things before I add it to the ground beef.

One of my first chores in the morning is sorting out what day it is. Chemo, radiation and surgery did something to my brain which now seems to be an old rats nest of largely useless information ordered somewhat like an over-used hard drive with an outdated operating system, vis, I know things are in there but it takes forever to find them...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

90 this morning.

The weather today so far is only 13 deg F (-10.56 C) which is cold no matter what kind of measurement you are using.  I almost didn't want to get out of bed this morning.

Chorizo is everywhere in my town as we have a heavily populated Hispanic population here.  There is a Hispanic grocery about 5 miles down the road from my house and almost all of their products are favored toward the hispanic way of life.  For example, they have 25 lb bags of all manner of dried beans and rice.  Their grocery store is one of the cleanest and well arranged stores in the area.  Someone is always monitoring the condition of the produce and someone else is always cleaning the floor, windows etc.  Their meat counter is beyond description as far as what they offer.

The software in our "mature" brains just works a little slower but hey....it still works and that is what counts.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  It's unusually warm this morning at 41° and heading to 71° today.  This will be the warmest day for some time, at the next 10 days. 
Doctors appointment was just as I expected as no labs done it was just listen to my heart take blood pressure and "how do you feel"  and come back in three months. 
The beast of the Thomas fire is not going away for a while.  Winds and dry conditions are going to increase today after being not so bad for the last couple of days.  Containment is still only 20% and many homes are still in danger.  Over 900 structures destroyed so far and 700 of those homes.
Tamagno, chorizo is easy to find here so that is one reason I was interested in how it works out.  I also know that as I get older it becomes more important for me to write things down.  I am learning to use the calendar on my phone to put down my appointments so I can keep them straight but something about old dogs and new tricks seems to come up.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on December 13, 2017, 02:24:18 PM
I also had a GP doctor appointment today EXCEPT just as I was pulling into the parking lot of the Dr. office, my cell phone rang.  It was the receptionist at the Dr office saying the Dr had to leave so she could help one of her pregnant ladies deliver a baby.  Now I have to reschedule the appointment and hope I remember the correct time.

It kind of really annoys me because my DH, #2 son and grandson left our house this morning for Nashville, TN.  Our son is going to be on the Dave Ramsey radio show because Dave features stories of people who have paid off a huge debt of some sort.  Son paid off a huge student loan debt in just over 18 months.  I could have gone with the guys, but No, I had to be home so I could keep the Dr. appt because Medicare requires a visit every 90 days.  Sigh.......

Just curious but why does Medicare require an appointment every 90 days for you.  Is it because you are a T-1 ?  I know there is no such requirement for me.  I just wondered because I never heard of that before.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Mumbai has become *cooler*. It is 3 deg below normal for the time of the year. Temperatures are in the region of 15o C which is 60o F for you.

131 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 14, 2017, 09:41:07 AM
Quote from: Grammabear on December 13, 2017, 02:24:18 PM
I also had a GP doctor appointment today EXCEPT just as I was pulling into the parking lot of the Dr. office, my cell phone rang.  It was the receptionist at the Dr office saying the Dr had to leave so she could help one of her pregnant ladies deliver a baby.  Now I have to reschedule the appointment and hope I remember the correct time.

It kind of really annoys me because my DH, #2 son and grandson left our house this morning for Nashville, TN.  Our son is going to be on the Dave Ramsey radio show because Dave features stories of people who have paid off a huge debt of some sort.  Son paid off a huge student loan debt in just over 18 months.  I could have gone with the guys, but No, I had to be home so I could keep the Dr. appt because Medicare requires a visit every 90 days.  Sigh.......

Just curious but why does Medicare require an appointment every 90 days for you.  Is it because you are a T-1 ?  I know there is no such requirement for me.  I just wondered because I never heard of that before.

Wally, I am not absolutely certain of the reason but I think it is because I am using an insulin pump and Medicare in addition to my secondary insurance help pay for the insulin used in that pump.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

rocky

After so many days I felt like normal yesterday. The numbers are still a wee bit on the higher side. 84 last evening before dinner and 97 fasting today.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

83 this morning.

Had to get up at 4am to have a couple of sips of juice and adjust basal. Of course, my wife woke up with my alarm 15 minutes later and woke me again to tell me to eat something so I ended up just staying up. Well, I can always sleep later.

Also, it's only 12 degrees Fahrenheit here so I got the ashes out of the wood stove and started a new fire for the day.

Wally, the chorizo mixed in meatloaf is pretty good. I suspect much depends on the original flavor of the chorizo and how much is mixed with the hamburger. (Also, I've a pretty good scheduling app that I use, but have to remember to look at it.)

Grammabear, you're right, it's Medicare with all the rules, especially with pumps and now CGMs. In particular with CGMs they want a consistent trail of doctor visits. They can be really punitive with doctors and fines so the docs are often very cautious.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

148 this morning and I have no idea where that is coming from.  Someone in my house has a cold and I truly hope they aren't "sharing" it with others.

Sigh....the stress of the holidays is getting to me.  I have so many things left to do and not so much time to do them.

But one thing I am most grateful for is that my hubby, son and grandson arrived home safely from their trip to Nashville, TN.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  SKB, it looks like we are close, or will be.  Our high yesterday was 70° (21.1°C) but we will be around 60° from today on for the next few days and probably in the 50's around Christmas.
Grammabear, that makes sense and I thought it was something like that.  I feel sorry for health care providers that have to comply with all of the quirks of Medicare. 
Tamagno, I'm going to try the chorizo, just sounds good. 

(Also, I've a pretty good scheduling app that I use, but have to remember to look at it.)

LOL, that is the problem.  I always make a list of what I need to do and shopping list when I go to town and it's more than once I have left it home.   ~owl~
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023