You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this frosty morning, 97 (5.37)
at bedtime last night.

Wally, my son spent the last 2 weeks fighting the Thomas fire. He got home yesterday. He said they are keeping tight containment on the sides where there are structures. But the edge on the forest/mountains, they are just letting it burn into the forest until the Winter weather puts it out.

He said it is so different fighting a Winter fire. It is dark early and cold at night. Summer time, they visit in the evening and relax. It was so cold that the firefighters just crawled into their tents once it got dark and huddled in the cold.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

107 today morning. Have jumped on the wagon since a few days. Forced myself to test 1 hour post a "Regular" dinner and i was at 213. Got the well needed wake up call.

Holidays have started and my mom is on her way here for 10 days. Planning to get back on good amount of exercise till Jan 1 atleast. Jan 2 i get back to work and stair climbing.

Binge watching Sherlock BBC series the second time and planning to start elementary after that.

Tamagno

114 this morning.

CCD, we watched and enjoyed the BBC Sherlock and also enjoyed some of Elementary after that as well. I don't recall exactly why we gave it up. If you haven't seen BBC's Midsomer Murders, I think you might like it as well.

I'm on a mouse-catching crusade at this joint and began putting out traps yesterday that I bait with peanut butter. I caught the first one within the first hour while still in the basement which was a bit nasty. The second was over night in the same area so I guess I'm on track.

Grammabear, we're in much the same boat here with cold and ice arriving later today. The groceries are, of course, jammed with Christmas shoppers so I'm hoping I got everything in the house yesterday. I'll do some cooking this afternoon so we have something good until Sunday when I'm trying my dry-aged roast beef.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

97 this morning.

The promised ice, sleet, freezing rain etc. turned out to be very mild.  This outlook is better from inside the house where we don't have any errands to do.  One grocery item that we doubled up on is the cabbage for crack slaw.  My husband is on vacation until the first of the year and he absolutely loves crack slaw.  As soon as we arrived home from getting our groceries he said "How about you start the crack slaw whilst I put away the groceries"?  I am surprised that he loves the low carb foods as much as he does.  We ended up making a double batch of the slaw, but I have a feeling it will not last long.

Tamagno - You keep on catching the 'meece' as they are not welcome at my house.  Hubby has traps in the attic and in the basement.  I detest them varmints!!!
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We were at 22° (15.6°C) this morning so, cold but it should start getting warmer for the next few days. 
Barbara, glad your son is back home safe.  Yeah, firefighters have to deal with a lot.  In the summer it gets so dang hot in a lot of those areas I don't know how they do it.  And yes it is cold right now, even in sunny California.  Right now burning into the forest is a good thing and they have done a great job of protecting homes from further damage. 
Grammabear, yep, I always make a really big batch of crack slaw as it is liked by all and reheats well.  It doesn't last long.
Our house in the mountains was surrounded by mostly just land with brush and trees.  The mice were impossible to keep out so we had several traps and often caught them.  Peanut butter seems to work the best.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

93 (5.15) this snowy morning, 80 (4.43)
at bedtime last night.

It has been lightly snowing all day, about 2" on the ground. It got up to 27°F (-2.7°C) today. Overnight prediction is 12°F (-11°C). Weather advisory for snow until 11PM tonight.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

143 this morning.

Wally, it sounds like maybe they've finally got a handle on those fires, thank God! Sure do wish you all didn't have so many; makes me think cold and mice aren't so bad after all.

There's a guy I know with out-of control type 2 diabetes who's being treated very poorly for it by his PCP; the poor fellow is so filled with misinformation that it's difficult to know where to start with him. Naturally, I've directed him here, so hopefully he'll join in shortly and start getting himself educated.

Speaking of which, SKB, the new home page looks good! Where was the photo of that beautiful sitting room taken? If we've such an attractive club, I want to attend - I'll have a brandy with my cigar and today's paper, please...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 23, 2017, 05:27:08 AM
Speaking of which, SKB, the new home page looks good! Where was the photo of that beautiful sitting room taken? If we've such an attractive club, I want to attend - I'll have a brandy with my cigar and today's paper, please...

Thanks John. The picture is from our Facebook page. I've done some edits & additional effects on that. I would love to join you in the brandy/cigar celebration, without the paper. And some of your music.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We are warmer this morning at 32° (0°C) and will get up to around 65° (18.3°C) for the next few days so not bad at all for December.  Still no chance of any rain at all shown for the future and we could really use it.
Tamagno, yes, they have control of all of the wildfires except one.  The Thomas fire in Ventura and now Santa Barbara County is now the largest fire in California's history at 273,400 acres and only 60% contained right now.  The good news is that it is now burning in the forest and not near any homes. If the weather continues to cooperate containment should be in a couple of weeks.  While it is the largest by area it has not been as destructive as the fires in the wine country recently farther North. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

92 this morning.

The G5 woke me this morning with a false low.  It said I was 70 when in fact I was 92.  When I went to plug it into the web based software program from Dexcom, I get a message that said they were having trouble connecting with my receiver.  Now I guess the next step is to call Dexcom and wait in the phone queue for some help.  Such is the life with diabetes - sometimes.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

93 (5.15) this clod morning, 98 (5.43) at bedtime last night.

About 3" of snow on the ground and temp is 20°F (-6.6) so the snow is going to be here for a while.  Will definitely be a white Christmas!

Tamagno

78 this morning.

Grammabear, something's in the air, I guess. My CGM woke me around 3am saying I was 95, but testing showed 134. I put my basal down some, but the alarm kept going off and I didn't really manage any more sleep. I was surprised to wake at 78! Don't know what's off, but I'll have to watch it.

So, likely I'll be tired today and Big Pharma Friend is coming later for dinner. At least the hard bits are already done. Yesterday I got out the roast beef I'd dry aged, trimmed it and marinated it over night so it just wants popping in the oven along with some carrots and it'll be ready to go.

SKB, post-prandial cigars and brandy at my place...

skb

Sure thing.
I'm one Indian (a rarity) that has a 10 year US visa set to expire in 2019 and I've never travelled there. Maybe I'll visit next year. If that happens, I'll surely look you up.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

111 this morning,

Tamagno - My cgm was misbehaving not just yesterday but for a number of days and giving me readings beyond the 20% guidelines.  Yesterday I called 'tech support' to inquire about the off readings and also to ask why the receiver doesn't hold a charge beyond 1-1/2 days.  Since it is bluetooth they told me the G5 doesn't hold power as long as the G4 which operates on radio frequency.  However their position is that it should hold power for 3 to 5 days depending on how many times you view it each day.  Since my receiver does not do that, they are sending a replacement receiver to arrive next Wednesday.  I am hoping it arrives before our trip to Milwaukee to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on the 29th December.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  Happy Christmas Eve to all.  There were years in the past when this would be my major shopping day.   :D
Not that I ever put things off until the last moment !  Thankfully all that was done several days ago and no need to go anywhere today.  Many stores open until 9-10 pm tonight though.
At 36° (2.22°C) we are above freezing this morning and it looks like that will be the same for at least the next 10 days. High temps around 65-66°. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023