You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

88 this morning.  This is a 'blah' Monday weatherwise....it is cloudy and gray outside and it looks like it could snow any minute.  Nope, I'm going to have a cup of coffee and then the world will be right for a little while.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

84 (4.65) again this partly cloudy morning, 80 (4.43) at bedtime last night.

3" more inches of new snow this morning.  A few snow showers during the day, but now the sky is mostly blue. It got up to 37°F (2.77°C) and the roof/icicles are really dripping.  Forecast for tonight is 20°F (-6.66°C).  My kitchen slider and screen will probably be frozen shut tomorrow morning.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

The Beer strikes back !!!
Back to 126 this morning.
It's relatively cool here as well. Goes down to 15-17 oC
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

starsign

Partner of a Diabetic T2

Carbcrazydog

132 today which was shocking because I was good yesterday. But then a pizza has always had a 2-3 day effect on my numbers. Also, it may have been because i checked way after getting up and having a 30 minute brisk walk. I need to start checking as soon as I wake up and ignore my dog who is whining and growling and nipping at my feet to go out.

Her spaying date is now set on 17th January.

My husband has started a keto diet from today. It is tough for a vegetarian to follow that. He is 35 kgs overweight and has always overweight as a kid. Things are getting worse and he decided it is high time he needs to set things right. I hope he manages to stick to it. We were worried he could have sugar too and one day he tested after eating 4 aloo paranthas (Indian bread stuffed with spicy potato filling) for breakfast and he was 95 after 2 hours. *envy all over my face*

But both his parents are diabetic (had them in their 50s) so he knows that he should correct things when he has time. Also losing weight does boost confidence and stamina...

rocky

Quote from: Tamagno on January 09, 2017, 07:28:07 AM
Off for a stress test this morning - should be interesting...

Hope you have a all clear for the test tamagno.  ~tup~

I was 92 this morning. Nothing to complain about  ;)
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Paulomi,
You have raised a couple of interesting points;

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on January 09, 2017, 11:47:42 PM
132 today which was shocking because I was good yesterday. But then a pizza has always had a 2-3 day effect on my numbers. Also, it may have been because i checked way after getting up and having a 30 minute brisk walk. I need to start checking as soon as I wake up and ignore my dog who is whining and growling and nipping at my feet to go out.

Whenever we go "out" of our eating plan and ingest more carbohydrate than necessary, the fuel tank (glycogen) gets filled up. It may show up on the next day or the day after that or for the next few days depending on reserves and how we (eat) tackle it further. DP also is quite dependent on the glycogen stock available. So checking late or after short physical activity, is in itself unimportant, unless you have something to be dumped. 

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on January 09, 2017, 11:47:42 PM
My husband has started a keto diet from today. It is tough for a vegetarian to follow that. He is 35 kgs overweight and has always overweight as a kid. Things are getting worse and he decided it is high time he needs to set things right. I hope he manages to stick to it. We were worried he could have sugar too and one day he tested after eating 4 aloo paranthas (Indian bread stuffed with spicy potato filling) for breakfast and he was 95 after 2 hours. *envy all over my face*

But both his parents are diabetic (had them in their 50s) so he knows that he should correct things when he has time. Also losing weight does boost confidence and stamina...

Insulin is a tricky hormone. Damned if you have it & damned if you don't. Being the primary hormone responsible for fat storage, and being very inflammatory in nature, it hurts when in excess supply, as in the case of your husband. And if it is in short supply or not being received well it causes diabetes which has its own set of damaging consequences. According to me the best option is to minimize its need in the body.   

Many keto experts believe that ketosis is possible on a vegetarian diet provided the ratios can be maintained. Being non diabetic, he can certainly have a "higher" carb content than you. It would still do him good to just avoid fast carbs in sugary food and grains . One of our members (foxl) has been a vegan for a long time and is consistently in ketosis.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

131 this morning.

Stress test got cancelled yesterday; the hospital neglected to mention you can't have caffeine beforehand. Rescheduled for next week...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

Snap Tamagno !  131 this morning for me also.  In my case I chalk it up to hospital food.  Certainly could be worse though.
California has been getting quite a bit of rain lately.  Even down as far south as where I live.  This is great and goes a long way towards helping the drought.  It looks like it will keep up too.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

73 (4.04) this partly cloudy morning, 86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.

No new snow today, but more is in the forecast.  Went out to run some errands and got stuck in my driveway for a while.  My neighbor had plowed it yesterday but not deep enough.  Had to do  some shoveling to get out.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on January 10, 2017, 12:12:35 PM
Snap Tamagno !  131 this morning for me also.  In my case I chalk it up to hospital food.  Certainly could be worse though.

Missed you guys by a whisker, 132 this morning. But mine is not really a Fasting number as I was up at 5:00 & nibbled on something as I was a bit hungry.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

starsign

102 today morning and 90 pre dinner. Getting better by the day.  ;D
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Carbcrazydog

125 today morning.

My daughter is finally starting to comprehend that a screaming session will take her nowhere with me. Yesterday she said "Mumma please give me milk" instead of screaming for it. Silver lining, here i come!

I am hooked to 'This is Us' TV series. I have rarely seen such beautifully portrayed emotions onscreen. And such great acting.

rocky

Down to 90 today. I'm very happy guys  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Quote from: skb on January 10, 2017, 04:51:29 AM
Insulin is a tricky hormone. Damned if you have it & damned if you don't. Being the primary hormone responsible for fat storage, and being very inflammatory in nature, it hurts when in excess supply, as in the case of your husband. And if it is in short supply or not being received well it causes diabetes which has its own set of damaging consequences. According to me the best option is to minimize its need in the body.   

Maybe this will help in understanding the issue in a better way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDzJKaBvOGw
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club