You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

226 this morning.

Amazing how much warmer a morning temp of 30 degrees feels than 1 degree. We're actually supposed to get a high of 50 the end of this week.

Still can't get night time glucose to behave. It's odd as it starts going down around 9:00pm and continues sharply until around 3:00am when it goes up sharply. Been fiddling with basal rates, etc., but no luck consistently. Maybe tonight...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

96 this morning.

Tamagno - try changing the basal two hours before you see the number change on your Dex G5.  The 3 a.m. sharp rise is probably DP which seems to annoy many of us.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

? this morning.  I got my meter yesterday and the container only had one strip in it.       :(  I'll get more today.
Rain on the way with another storm system and probably snow at home.  Just scattered clouds here in town today. 
I did quite well at PT yesterday and walker further and did more exercises than the instructors were looking for but I am paying for it afterward.  Well, no one said it would be easy. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this cloudy morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

Very lightly snowing, temp is 18°F (-7.77°C) forecast for tonight is 8°F (-13.33°C).

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Thanks to northerly winds, Mumbai was at 12.5oC yesterday. I think that's about the lowest it could ever be or near abouts.

I clocked another 132 today. Sometime during the night I wake up, pluck 2 leaves of a plant (berberine) and chew on them till all the juices are out. This is to help clear my kidney stones. If I do this by 4 am (before DP) it keeps the liver busy & I can see a lower number. Once DP has struck the number will keep going up. That's how I reach the 130s.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

That's a little nippy, Shyam . . . but maybe still okay without a wrap. I don't usually need a sweater or jacket until it drops to 45° (7.22°C).

rocky

Quote from: skb on January 11, 2017, 09:24:05 PM
Sometime during the night I wake up, pluck 2 leaves of a plant (berberine) and chew on them till all the juices are out. This is to help clear my kidney stones.

That's interesting Skb, what is this plant ?
My reading this morning- 92.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

121. I was super in control yesterday for the entire day but slipped BADLY after my kids slept. Checked 1 hour post chips and chocolate and was 175. Had apple cider vinegar and woke up to 121.

It has been harder than I thought being disciplined all the time. But I am atleast better than what it used to be 2 months ago when I was not checking at all.

My husband told me today that I seem to be losing weight. We are married 8 years so are over the phase of complimenting just to please the other. So i may be really losing weight! :)

It is difficult to eat low carb at office so I have a chicken salad everyday from the bistro down. Just has a dressing of pepper and lemon juice. I wish they would have more veg low carb options i the cafeteria.

Shanny

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on January 12, 2017, 12:17:28 AMI wish they would have more veg low carb options i the cafeteria.
Maybe you could mention this to someone at the cafeteria . . . perhaps even the manager? Maybe if they tried it for a few weeks, other people would be taking those choices too.

Carbcrazydog

Shanny- I should do that.

Also, how did you like my post twice? It shows me that 2 people like my previous post and both are you!

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on January 12, 2017, 01:35:07 AM
Also, how did you like my post twice? It shows me that 2 people like my previous post and both are you!

No idea how that happened. I've asked admin to remove the duplicate "Like".
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

starsign

Quote from: Shanny on January 11, 2017, 09:42:26 PM
That's a little nippy, Shyam . . .

Correct. It is quite nippy. Sweaters are not required during the daytime but in the evenings, out on my terrace, the sea breeze makes it cooler and I need a little something to cover myself.

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on January 12, 2017, 12:17:28 AM
121. I was super in control yesterday for the entire day but slipped BADLY after my kids slept. Checked 1 hour post chips and chocolate and was 175.

;) Fell off the wagon ? It happens from time to time, but if you realise that the 175 is a really scary number, you've be able to jump back on asap.

95 pre dinner / 107 fasting were AJ's numbers.

Partner of a Diabetic T2

skb

No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

78 this morning and my CGM has an arrow pointing downward.  Looks like I will be doing some basal rate adjustments again.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Tamagno

236 this morning.

Thanks, Grammabear! I'll try it tonight...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost