You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

73 (4.04) this cold morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

When I was in hospital in 2013 for my cancer surgery they had a keto menu option to choose from.  I was blown away!!  And this in a hospital in Montana!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

starsign

When my father was hospitalised, I had a lot of trouble finding things to eat for ourselves in their canteen. And they don't permit home cooked meals.

AJ reported a 93/105 pre-dinner & fasting
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Carbcrazydog

105 today morning.

skb- I agree with your view on birds getting hurt. But that is only with that thread which is made of glass. I hardly see them where I live anymore. these are regular threads and the kites seem to be flying pretty low.

Hopefully we will be able to adopt these best practices in all parts of the country.

Tamagno

266 this morning.

We're back to cold now. I think the predicted high today is only 22 degrees Fahrenheit.

Grammabear, Dexcom read 201 this morning. First finger stick was 267, second 266. It doesn't do so well with higher readings.

My wife blames Omnipod for all the erratic glucose, but I don't see how there could be that many bad pods. It's somewhat reassuring to know you're having similar problems with another pump.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on January 14, 2017, 07:24:33 AM
266 this morning.

We're back to cold now. I think the predicted high today is only 22 degrees Fahrenheit.

Grammabear, Dexcom read 201 this morning. First finger stick was 267, second 266. It doesn't do so well with higher readings.

My wife blames Omnipod for all the erratic glucose, but I don't see how there could be that many bad pods. It's somewhat reassuring to know you're having similar problems with another pump.

116 this morning, much better than yesterday.

Tamagno - You're right about Dexcom not being so great with higher numbers.  I have also found that to be true.  For me it seems to do much better when glucose numbers are below 180.  With any pump, it depends on a variety of things such as :  the type of infusion set, the spot on your body where you place it and your basal, insulin to carb ratio and correction factor.  When I had the pod, it was often erratic and there was only one cannula length.  Site rotation whether on a pump or doing multiple daily injections is absolutely imperative. 

Yesterday I placed the infusion set in a new place and my numbers came down within 3 hours.  I have several spots where I had shingles a year ago and I just can't use them anymore.  It is frustrating for anyone who uses insulin because as wonderful as insulin is, it doesn't take the place of what the body can do naturally when you don't have diabetes.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

101 (5.6) this morning.  The storm has passed and it's supposed to be sunny for the next few days.  Next storm is supposed to be here Thursday and could be another good one.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

117 today morning. Mumbai temperatures have gone up a notch.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

77 (4.27) this cold morning,  88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

Still very cold here.  I think the high today was around 10°F (-12.22°C) right now it is -5°F (-20.55°C). The overnight low was forecast to be -1°F (-18.33°C) so I think it is going to be much colder. My kitchen screen door is frozen shut every morning, it doesn't thaw out enough to open till mid afternoon. May see a bit warmer weather the next few days. 

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

starsign

Yup, whenever the met dept says it is going to get cooler you can be sure, it is not. The nip has gone out of the air.

AJ was at 98/111
Partner of a Diabetic T2

rocky

Overslept today. I woke up quite late and found that DP had me raised to 108.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

115 this morning.

Almost Snap Grammabear and SKB - I feel surrounded!

Thanks again Grammabear; it's going to be a year before I switch, so it's good to know pitfalls as well as benefits
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  I was going through the blood work done in the Hospital and found that on 1/5 they included an A1c.  I was actually a bit surprised because it was 5.0 and with all I had gone through the last couple of months, including Hospital food, I would have thought it would have been higher. Not going to look a gift horse in the mouth though !   :D
Another sunny day here but a bit on the cool side, well for here cool, daytime temps in the low 50's.  Next storm should be here Thursday and should last 6 days.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

134 this morning is the result of a rebound high after a low around 1:00 a.m. that I slept through. 

Tamagno - For me, my body regards the cannula as a foreign object and after about 2 days my numbers start to climb even if I've done everything absolutely perfect.  The numbers start to climb because the body begins growing around the cannula hindering absorption.  That could be what happens to you and the pod too.  If you think it might be the situation, ask your Endo if you can change pods every two days instead of every 3 days.

Wally - your A1C is brilliant considering all the setbacks you've been dealing with recently.  Wishing you a safe trip home and a peaceful reunion with more familiar surroundings.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Carbcrazydog

113 today morning.

Have a slight abrasion in my eye and redness that has not subsided for 3 days. Will see an ophthalmologist tomorrow. Surgery for my dog on Tuesday. Will be working from home the entire week till she recovers.

Will need a lot of will power to stay low carb.

Shanny

We slept in very late today - prob'ly a relief from having come through the big hairy ice storm that didn't materialize. But all the hype kept BH fairly agitated, nevertheless, since he was convinced we'd have a lengthy power outage like we did ten years ago.

At any rate, it gave me a long enough fasting period (I rarely go very many hours without eating something, which I why I don't test or post it here), so I tested and have managed to prove that Lantus does not last 24 hours for me. I already knew it, but having difficulty persuading anyone else of it, so now that I have documentation of 316mg/dl today, perhaps someone will start listening to me.  :(