You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on January 15, 2017, 05:51:47 PM
We slept in very late today - prob'ly a relief from having come through the big hairy ice storm that didn't materialize. But all the hype kept BH fairly agitated, nevertheless, since he was convinced we'd have a lengthy power outage like we did ten years ago.

At any rate, it gave me a long enough fasting period (I rarely go very many hours without eating something, which I why I don't test or post it here), so I tested and have managed to prove that Lantus does not last 24 hours for me. I already knew it, but having difficulty persuading anyone else of it, so now that I have documentation of 316mg/dl today, perhaps someone will start listening to me.  :(

So sorry to learn Lantus does not last 24 hrs for you, but not surprised either.  When I was doing MDI (multiple daily injections, Lantus lasted exactly 16 hours and I proved it when I got the Dexcom.  I ended up dividing my dose of Lantus into two injections twelve hours apart (approximately).  Maybe you could ask your doctor about that possibility?

Glad to hear you did not get that ice storm predicted for your area.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

We had our annual marathon yesterday. The Africans participate in large numbers and one of them always wins it. This year too, a Tanzanian clocked the best time.

I turned up with a 123 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

82 (4.54) this cold morning, 86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.

Late to post, my computer was acting kind of wonky.  Messed up on entry for my bg tracker, can't figure out how to delete entry so will just edit it tomorrow after I have tonight's bedtime reading.

Still cold here, -5°F(-20.55°C) right now, never made it to 10°F (-12.22°C) today.  They say tomorrow will be warmer...yeah, I believe that!!  NOT!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on January 15, 2017, 10:16:49 PM
Late to post, my computer was acting kind of wonky.  Messed up on entry for my bg tracker, can't figure out how to delete entry so will just edit it tomorrow after I have tonight's bedtime reading.

Click on List of Values, you'll see your latest entries on the top of the list. To the right of each entry you will see the Edit Value link. Click on that & it will take you to the Entry screen of that value. Change what you like & Save.

If you want any entry deleted, just post in The BG Tracker thread and Admin will do the needful.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on January 15, 2017, 06:22:21 PMSo sorry to learn Lantus does not last 24 hrs for you, but not surprised either.  When I was doing MDI (multiple daily injections, Lantus lasted exactly 16 hours and I proved it when I got the Dexcom.  I ended up dividing my dose of Lantus into two injections twelve hours apart (approximately).  Maybe you could ask your doctor about that possibility?
I asked awhile back about dividing my dose and they didn't want me to. I have an appointment this Thursday and we'll absolutely be discussing this again. If they still object, I shall take it into my own hands. I shall also be asking for bolus insulin. Wish me luck!

rocky

Good Luck Shanny.
95 today  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

Sending some good reiki & good healing wishes to tamagno, walkerwally and carbcrazydog. You are all going through a lot. Good Luck for Shanny for the insulin she wants.

AJ saw a 97/106 today which is much better than the 111 he woke up to yesteday.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

91 this morning!

If I've done everything right (no coffee, fasting, etc.), I should be having a stress test this morning. They'll do it by chemical injection, not treadmill.

Could be a weird morning.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

109 (6.04) this morning.  Not much of a surprise, chicken and Brussel Sprouts last night but they could not leave off the BBQ sauce. 
Today should be my last day here !   ~clp~
Supposed to be heading home tomorrow.  One more day of PT and I am doing a bit better each day.  It seems like forever but it's only been just over two weeks.  It will be interesting to see how I adjust to managing at home.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

130 this morning.  My hubby has had a cold for about two weeks but I've been lucky.  Yesterday morning my luck ran out and now I have the horrid sore throat and congestion that he has.

Good Luck Tamagno with the stress test.

Shanny - remind the doctor just whose body it is that is suffering from high blood sugar numbers.  Hope you get what you ask for.

Wally - Take it slow and easy at home.  Stay safe.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this mostly clear morning, 84 at bed time last night too.

Tamagno, hope the stress test went well. 

Wally, yay that you get to go home, just be careful.

Shanny hope you have success getting your insulin.

Grammabear, sorry you caught the cold, hope you feel better soon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on January 16, 2017, 09:30:36 AM
My hubby has had a cold for about two weeks but I've been lucky.  Yesterday morning my luck ran out and now I have the horrid sore throat and congestion that he has.

Same here. Ami is down with a bad throat and an even worse cold. But, somehow I've managed to keep myself insulated. I think my large dose of baking soda ([ gm) is helping me keep safe.

I had my Berberine rather late today morning and the meter says 131 at 7 am. Not really a Fasting but that is the morning number.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Carbcrazydog

121 today morning and 126 yesterday.

Got my eye checked and they said it is an airborne infection. Should be okay after 10 days of eye drops but no lenses for a month.

The dog's surgery is again postponed to Friday. Highly frustrating!

Get well soon Tamagno, Wally, skb, Shanny and Grammabear.

The older forum used to have Patdart. Is she still here?

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on January 17, 2017, 12:07:59 AM
Get well soon Tamagno, Wally, skb, Shanny and Grammabear.
I'm perfectly fine. I said, I kept myself insulated, but, thanks for your good wishes, Paulomi.

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on January 17, 2017, 12:07:59 AM
The older forum used to have Patdart. Is she still here?
Yes she is. Saw her online a couple of days ago. Hopefully she will post soon.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Carbcrazydog

Does she still go by the name Patdart? or is she on with a different name?