You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Same name. Here's a link to her Profile. Maybe you can PM her.

http://www.diabetic.pub/forum//index.php?action=profile;u=41
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

121 this morning.

Interesting FBG as I bolused last night with a pen. This morning with breakfast I'm using my pump. It'll be interesting to see which does better.

Good for you, Wally; bet you can't wait to get home!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

Couldn't help sharing this. Feel so proud. Its 1.5 months since we adopted the dog who was supposed to be 1 but was 6. See the difference in before-after pic.

Forget the coat. Look at her eyes. Now if only my kids would look at me so lovingly....

[attachment deleted by admin]

walkerwally1

119 (6.59) this morning.  I'm not surprised and deserve it.  Last night for dinner was a cheeseburger and French fries.  I dutifully took the burger off the bun and would have done well but I said the heck with it and ate some fries.  First French Fries I have had in over 3 years.  If I can stay under 120 and enjoy some things like a few French Fries I think that's a good thing.
About 4 hours for my ride to get here and then HOME ! 
It looks like a few days of rain/snow starting Thursday so I won't mind staying inside.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

I clocked 231mg/dl today which is much better than the 316 from the other day, but still a long ways from safe.  :(

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on January 17, 2017, 05:23:34 PM
I clocked 231mg/dl today which is much better than the 316 from the other day, but still a long ways from safe.  :(

It is a step in the right direction.... :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

81 (4.49) this mostly clear cold morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

We may see some snow then rain tomorrow.  I wouldn't mind rain to melt the ice off my deck.

Lol Wally, I did the same thing when I was out for my DD's wedding in Nov.  After our 5k walk we went out for brunch.   I ordered a Denver omelet which came with these gorgeous fries.   I told myself I wouldn't eat any.  I gave many to DD, her new wife, and DGD but still had many left.  Darned if I didn't eat them!!  I hadn't had fries in 4 years and man oh man did they taste good!!  fbg the next day was 84 (4.65) and no other problems.  It isn't something I will do frequently, but you are right, once in a while is OK.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

121 today morning.

My kids hover around the meter to check my reading everyday and my son makes me apple cider vinegar. Diabetes has its own fun moments i will treasure!

Tamagno

221 this morning (pump only, no pen).

My experiment is confounded as I just got off antibiotic yesterday - I think it takes three days to get out of the body, though. I'll keep trying.

Great looking pup Carbcrazygirl!

Cancer update: I'm done with chemo/radiation and am going through tests now to get ready for surgery (likely the end of February or so). Still have low white count and platelets, but I feel pretty good even if I still can't drive or go out except for Doctor stuff. Getting PT twice a week at home and think I'm stronger!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

87 (4.8) this morning.  I had a low of 55 (3.05) at 1 a.m., then a rebound high of 200 (11.11) and now I am on the backside of that.  The fun never ends.

Carbcrazydog - It is nice the young ones are involved in your diabetes.  It teaches them that diabetes is not always scary.  My grandson, who is 16, wants nothing to do with watching me test my blood sugar.  And even though I have a pump so he never sees me doing an injection, he still wants nothing to do with diabetes.  I believe he is afraid although I've told him it doesn't hurt to check my blood sugar.

John - Good luck with your experiments.  It might give you interesting information.  When I have a stubborn high as in over 250 (13.8) I always do an injection rather than a correction via pump.  And, predictably, my high number comes down faster.  Diabetes is never boring what with all the "bumps" in the road of life.  I'm glad you are feeling a bit stronger. 

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

84 (4.65) this morning.  It is so good to be home !  I had the best nights rest last night since I broke my hip.  Hospitals are a terrible place to try and get rest.
  I have a print out of exercises to use to continue PT at home and I am going to keep at it.  So far I am doing quite well and improving each day.  It is no fun but progress is a great motivator. 
  A series of storms headed this way and should start tonight with rain and then snow running through Monday.  I checked my weather station and we have had 6 1/2 inches of rain so far for this month.   ~sup~
   This is turning out to be a very good year and should go a long way to ending the drought. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Is there an 'official' amount of rain that would "end" the drought?  We had 1-1/2 " of rain in 12 hours yesterday.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on January 18, 2017, 09:55:35 AM
Is there an 'official' amount of rain that would "end" the drought?  We had 1-1/2 " of rain in 12 hours yesterday.

That's a very good question and I honestly have no idea.  Part of the answer is that it depends on who you ask.   :D
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this mostly clear morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

The predicted rain never showed up today.  But temps got close to 40°F (4.44°C) so lots of melting is going on. They pushed the rain/hail to tonight and tomorrow, but only a 50% chance.

Dang!  Took another small fall last night. Was starting to sit down and just keeled over.  More sore ribs... :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on January 18, 2017, 08:24:25 PMDang!  Took another small fall last night. Was starting to sit down and just keeled over.  More sore ribs... :(
So sorry, Barb. ~hug~