You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

178 this morning.

IVIG this weekend. It must make quite a picture - about 20 hours a day I'm tethered to one pump for the feeding tube; on IV weekends I add another pump to the stand and drag around both of them. Add in the insulin pump and I'm a mechanical/electronic engineer's dream.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.  The fog around here is so thick you cannot see across the yard.  Temperature forecast for tomorrow is 53 deg F - not what we usually have in January.

John - Perhaps you feel like the 'Borg' from Star Trek when you are hooked up to all that technology?

Would like this cold I have to be gone now!  No ambition whatever.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

81 (4.49) this snow covered morning.      ~wow~ 
It snowed all day yesterday, sometimes heavy and sometimes light but with no let up.  We are looking at about 10 inches on the ground this morning.  It's been quite a few years since I have seen this much snow at one time here.  Tomorrows storm is supposed to be even larger so that should be interesting !
@bigskygal, I don't know for sure if these storms are headed your way but I kind of suspect that they might.  They are getting hit hard in Washington and Oregon also and it is all going east. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

76 (4.21) this lightly snowing morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

Light little spits of snow on and off during the day. 40% chance of snow for tomorrow. Not thrilled but maybe nothing will come of it.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

133 this morning.

It crossed my mind in one of those middle-of the night fantasies to refuse the up-coming surgery. You know, it's a seven-hour procedure with a six-month recovery period. I'll ponder it more after the PET scan next week - if that's clear then we'll see...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

107 today morning and 115 yesterday.

Dog recovering well.

Tamagno- I was away for so long in the last year that I have missed a lot of your health updates. Why are you considering refusing surgery?

walkerwally1

81 (4.49) this morning.  Well, it started snowing around 1:00 AM, at least that is when the plow started, and at 6:00 AM we had 3" built up on the satellite dish.  Well over 12" on the ground.  Not sure how much we are going to see today so that will be interesting.  I have a follow up appointment with the surgeon tomorrow so I hope it isn't too bad to travel.  Going in a full size 4WD PU though so it should not be a problem.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

106 this morning.  My cold continues to be a big annoyance.

The fog outside continues and the weather unseasonably warm for this time of year.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

72 (3.99) this foggy morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

Once the fog cleared some, I took my garbage up to the street.  I figured if I could get out of my driveway and up to the street, I'd go to the farm and feed store and get a couple bags of bird seed.  Those poor guys really gobble it up.

Started snowing about 2:30PM, it isn't real heavy but it is non stop.  I hope it stays light enough that my satellite dish doesn't get filled up.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

Quote from: bigskygal on January 22, 2017, 06:40:37 PM

Started snowing about 2:30PM, it isn't real heavy but it is non stop.  I hope it stays light enough that my satellite dish doesn't get filled up.  :(

That's been my problem here.  It doesn't seem to bother the satellite TV but my internet dish has needed the snow scraped off a few times yesterday and this morning.  Snow turned to rain about 1:00 PM today so we got some melting and it has let up for now.  I have been fortunate that my BIL is here on the weekend because I am in no shape to go outside and scrape snow.   ;)
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Carbcrazydog

116 today morning. Extra helping of chinese food yesterday night.

Son is down with viral since Friday evening. Doing better now. Hopefully will be back on his feet by tomorrow.

Tamagno

163 this morning.

The snow out west sounds pretty intense - stay safe out there!

Carbcrazy, I've got esophageal cancer - the docs want to take out my esophagus, a third of my stomach and some lymph nodes.

Odds are I'll go ahead with surgery, but maybe the PET scan this week will be all clear and they'll tell me I don't need it or just more chemo or something.

Grammabear

99 this morning.  We saw the sun shining yesterday for a short time, which was so nice.  The fog/mist continues but snow is forecast for Tuesday.  I guess typical Winter weather will return then.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 (5.6) this morning.  Well, along with the snow we got just over an inch of rain yesterday afternoon.  Light snow right now and then it should be out of here, at least for a while.  Certainly can't complain but it would be nice to get a break for a while.  Didn't expect to be saying this a few days ago !   :D
@Tamagno, good luck with the PET scan and here's hoping the results are in your favor.  I had a PET scan a couple of months ago when trying to determine the cause of my  Hypercalcemia.  Cancer can be one cause but thankfully the test came out negative. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

191mg/dl this morning.

We had thunder-boomers in the night & my first signal was 85# of terrified GSD landing on my feet in bed! (My first concern was that he may have squashed the cat who also sleeps on my feet, but apparently they got their own signals straight.  ;) ) Then a downpour ensued, but thankfully didn't last long enough to wash out the road.

Love & prayers for all of you.