You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Another 146 !! Gosh, I need to tighten the shoe laces. This can't be allowed to go on any longer.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

114 today morning.

Good luck skb. I know you will get there!

I havent been able to kick off my 1 diet coke per (week)day habit but they have started making smaller cans. 200 ml ones. So I am having those. Atleast it is cutting down in a different way.

Shanny

253 today. Gotta be a big liver dump, because I haven't eaten.

rocky

93 this morning.
Shanny, nice to see you posting your fasting numbers. But I don't see them reflected in your BG chart ?
CCD - I avoid even the Diet or Zero Cokes.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

200 this morning.

Dexcom is definitely advertising that you can bolus from their G5 CGM readings. I already got a call from my endocrinologist's office saying that my pharmacy had called with the news that my insurance no longer would honor my test strip 'script for 10-12/day (which I use).

Perhaps they'll still honor their commitment as it would be much cheaper than ambulances and visits to the ER every week.

I'd write another letter to the editor of my local paper, but strongly suspect they stopped opening them some years back...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

101 (5.6) this morning.  Shanny and SKB, the liver can be a tough guy to deal with some times.  If you know you ate something that caused your bg to go higher at least you know why but some times the liver just decides to take charge and doesn't let us know.  It can be frustrating but seems to eventually work out. 
@Barbara, I hope you aren't coming down with anything although your numbers kind of look like it might be something.  Stay warm and take it easy.
Another sunny and warmer day yesterday !   ~clp~
There is a 30-50% chance of rain Friday and it looks like it will be too warm to snow  ~hlu~
If we get rain it will help clear some of the snow on the ground, a good thing.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

86 this morning.

John - I don't know about the Dex G5 but with my Dex G4 it is more a case of "I trust it when I trust it".  I mean, no way would I automatically bolus from the numbers it gives me especially if the sensor is newly inserted.  My sensor is more accurate from day 3 through day 15 than right away after I've inserted it.  I figured the insurance companies would be looking for a way to cut their costs on test strips prescribed. 

The sun is playing "Hide and Seek" today, one minute you see it, next minute it looks for all the world like it is going to let loose and snow anytime.  It is also cold and blustery today too - good day to stay home.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this snowy morning, 94 (5.21) at bedtime last night.

Woke to about an inch or two of new snow.  It has been very lightly snowing most of the day but not much accumulation.  The wind has blown the snow around too.  Thank goodness it wasn't as heavt as predicted.  High today 28°F (-2.22°C) overnight low predicted 16°F (-8.88°C).  The good thing is the snow is out of the forecast until Friday.

Still not feeling 100% but not congested as much.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on January 31, 2017, 10:02:06 AM
Shanny and SKB, the liver can be a tough guy to deal with some times.  If you know you ate something that caused your bg to go higher at least you know why but some times the liver just decides to take charge and doesn't let us know.  It can be frustrating but seems to eventually work out. 

Very true. 149 today. But I know what has caused this higher number. I had my lunch (a glass of coco milk which is sweetened with sucralose) much later than my usual time. I was much higher at 109 pre-dinner, so I was kind of expecting this.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

;D My liver also knocked my door today morning. A 100 exact, as I checked later than usual.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

118 today morning.

Had a meeting yesterday which lasted longer than expected and they served samosas and mocktails. And I ate :(

Good thing is that I lost 2-3 kgs since being vigilant over what i am eating. Still a long way to go!

Shanny

At least you all tested, even if later than usual. I forgot to test at all. We had to go for groceries, so we ate out, but to a buffet where I could make better choices, so that part wasn't so bad, but it always messes me up when our routine is different.

Tamagno

186 this morning.

Kathy, your statement in re your CGM readings, "I trust it when I trust it" is spot on. However, I notice you mention day 15 of use! So you're stretching sensors past the 7-day reccomendation successfully? Golly, I've not had any luck when I've tried restarting sensors. I'm definitely trying it again next time around.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

122 this morning.

John, I always try to stretch my sensor beyond the 7 day period the FDA recommends.  The FDA doesn't pay for my sensors and I don't have insurance.  A box of 4 sensors cost me $349 out of pocket, so stretching them is cost effective.  When I get the onscreen message that I should change sensors, I press the "stop sensor" button and then press the "start sensor" button.  This starts the sensor two-hour warm up period which requires two calibrations at the end of that period.  Many times I've gone 14-28 days with the same sensor.  I do have to use hypafix or Opsite FlexFit tape because the adhesive on Dexcom sensors just doesn't stay put.  My last sensor that I changed yesterday went 20 days before it started giving wonky readings.  My Dexcom is a G4 and yours is G5 if memory serves me right - so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

74 (4.10) this morning.  Looks like my liver is letting me alone for now (shhhhh ! don't wake it up ) 
It should be another warm day today with more snow melting.  There is a chance of rain late Thursday and Friday but snow levels should be much higher and we will get rain, if anything, and probably not much of that.  Another storm due Monday but also warmer so maybe some rain there also. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"