You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

A well deserved 122 after the way I have been eating in the past 2 days.

skb

No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

A gentle reminder to all who are posting in the FBG thread. We do have The BG Tracker App now. This will help you understand/comprehend your BG swings much better & display the daily numbers in a multi colored chart. Here's the link on how to use the App;

http://www.diabetic.pub/forum//index.php?topic=501.0
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

247 this morning (CGM sensor failed this morning).

Wally, as an old hill billy I remember the days when we'd have made stew from a "rat" like that - good eating.

No blood thinners for me, Kathy but I am glad to know I'm not the only one spraying blood all over! Reminds me of the Saturday Night Live spoof of Julia Child where she cuts herself badly...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

85 (4.71) this morning.  We are starting out quite warm today with a 41° (5°C) overnight low.  A light sprinkle overnight also gave us .03" of rain.  We might see a very light rain later today and that will probably be it.  Another chance of rain Monday.  At least we are still seeing melting of the remaining snow so hopefully I will soon be able to get my car in and out. 
@Tamagno, I think that would be a good use for a Groundhog, a stew sounds great.  Much better than trying to use one as a meteorologist !   :D
SKB, I was doing well posting my levels on the BG tracker and then when I broke my hip of course I had to stop while in the hospital and I just got out of the habit.  I am going to update my record and try to keep up with it.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

85 (4.7) this morning.  The temperature outside is a balmy 14 deg F (-9 deg C) and the sun is shining which is awesome.

John ~ One of the reasons I remember the 'blood squirting' event is because one of them happened to squirt all over a white tshirt I was wearing when we were about to leave the house to go grocery shopping.  Needless to say I had to stop, change the shirt, treat the stain before we could leave the house (which was annoying).

skb - Thank you for the article on Ireland's diabetes epidemic.  It is a most interesting article.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

Snap Wally and Grammabear!  An 85 (4.71) here too this snowy morning, 77 (4.27) at bedtime last night.

It has been lightly snowing all day, but only about 2" accumulation.  Right now outside temp is 18°F (-7.77°C).

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

123 today. Finally, I'm at my "normal" high. Gradually I hope to get back into my normal numbers 98-110. Since my meter is a confirmed "10% higher than lab" gadget, I'm ok to be here.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Well, my new adjustable bed is now installed in my studio. I must say the thing is outrageously comfortable - I wake up and notice I've never even moved - worth the cost.

Kathy, I'd have gone out in the bloody t-shirt as no one looks at scary looking old men anyway.

As usual, Wally, you're right! Fact is groundhogs and woodchucks make an awful mess once they get established. Down home you couldn't even find a squirrel by Thanksgiving as they were all hunted and ready for eating. I don't remember anyone getting diabetes or cancer which makes me wonder about our modern diet. Of course, we did have stills for making whiskey and dandelion wine for Sundays after church; maybe I ought to give those a try...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

67 this morning.  Not the best way to start a busy day.

John - Glad to hear you are enjoying the adjustable bed.  Hubby and I got one of those two years ago and also found it very comfortable.

Groundhogs are pesky.  We had one take up residence in our property and he made the biggest hole in the side of the hill. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

93 (5.15) this morning.  It's clear today and is supposed to be warm and sunny.  Snow continues to melt and it is drying out, a good thing.  It looks like we will get some rain Monday and Tuesday and that's OK, it probably won't be a lot and it is too warm to snow.   ~clp~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

We had a resident groundhog last year - it had found a way to get in under the house & finally our pest control guy started setting a trap. Never caught the cussed thing, but apparently scared it off. This was before we started keeping Waylon inside, and it helped bring me to that decision, because I didn't want them getting into it & I'm quite sure Waylon woulda met his match. Our old Gabby dog - 50 lb. GSD/Husky mix - had a row with a groundhog many years ago & got a little beaten up, although he won the fight. Vicious fighters, those groundhogs.

This year it's the moles that have wrecked our side yard which we have to cross to get to the garage. For 30 years I've stood firmly against any concrete paths or driveways out here, because I think you don't move to the country and then start paving it over! But now in our old age, we're going to have to do something with that stretch of lawn before one of us takes a header after tripping over a mound or stepping in a mole hole.

You all might have to describe more for me about these adjustable beds. We've had really good results with 4" memory foam eggcrate mattress toppers, and I still love my Comfort-U body pillow, but just for future reference, I'd like more about these beds - are they Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic or what? Not like a hospital bed surely? I still get a marvelous night's sleep on our futon sofa even if I don't pull it out into a bed, because I can snuggle back into the 'L' corner of it, and - as you say, John - wake up realizing I haven't even moved since falling asleep! It's wonderful wakening!

bigskygal

Snap myself from yesterday, another 85 (4.71) this drizzly morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

John, I forgot to answer your question from the other day.  Yes, I have had the squirting blood happen a few times.  I hate it when it gets all over my log book!

Some light rain today and temp up to 40°F (4.44°C) so finally some melting going on here.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

178 this morning.

The worst was when I set out a Hav-a-Hart trap to catch some raccoons and ended up with a skunk in it the first night. I'll let you use your imaginations how that turned out!

Shanny, the adjustable beds are just a frame and will accommodate most any mattress. Mine's a Simmons Beautyrest (heaven knows I could use some beauty) with box springs and memory foam. They aren't cheap though; the frame was $700 - adding massage will set you back another $800 or so - and the mattress added another $1,500 and that's for a twin.

Raised up it does look like a hospital bed but without the rails, etc. I've had to rearrange things and put it in my music studio where I admit it seems like a person would start sleeping when it's time for a live-in nurse. A little depressing, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Also, it's too tall for Sam to jump up on which bothers him. Like me, he's a devoted creature of habit and moving things causes us both the dilemma of establishing new ones. When he's upset the poor little guy sits with his head tucked under my knee...

skb

A dear friend and colleague lost his father a couple of days ago. Yesterday they had a condolence meeting, which is usually done on the 4th day in India. I traveled up north (Chandigarh) for a day to attend this. The city of Chandigarh lies in the Himalayan foothills & is one of the best planned & well designed cities in the world. It was much colder there than sweltering Mumbai. I therefore missed my daily BG tracking. Also had to munch on a couple of out-of-the-system food, so I think I may have taken two steps backward, but, we'll know tomorrow.

The bed sounds like a good acquisition John.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club