You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

Snap my yesterday, 93 (5.15) this morning.  I did manage to update my BG tracker with my fasting #s back to 1/18 when I got home from the hospital.  I will probably fill in other readings later.  It is neat to be able to see how your #s vary over time using the chart.
We are overcast today and it is looking like rain tomorrow and Tuesday.  At least it should be too warm to snow.
@Tamagno, after the time I have spent in hospital beds the last few months an adjustable bed just doesn't appeal to me right now.  I guess one thing is that I hate laying on my back and am a side sleeper.  Right now I still can't sleep on my side more than a few minutes at a time so still on my back.  Then again at another time it might be a welcome thing.  The main thing is that if it helps you then it is great.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on February 05, 2017, 06:55:29 AMI've had to rearrange things and put it in my music studio where I admit it seems like a person would start sleeping when it's time for a live-in nurse. A little depressing, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Also, it's too tall for Sam to jump up on which bothers him. Like me, he's a devoted creature of habit and moving things causes us both the dilemma of establishing new ones. When he's upset the poor little guy sits with his head tucked under my knee...
We had to do the same after BH's hip replacement . . . rent a hospital bed & put it in the study. But he normally sleeps upstairs & he couldn't do stairs for many weeks after his surgery.

My bed is too high for elderly Waylon also, so I've scooted a low chair up next to the bed so he has an extra step to make the jump. In his youth he could jump 4½ - 5 feet straight up, but now 1 - 1½ feet is his best - poor ol' puddytat.  ;)

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this mostly cloudy morning, 91 at bedtime last night too.  I overdid on protein last night...

It got up to 45°F (7.22°C) today so lots of melting happening. Now I am paying for not clearing the concrete pad in front of the garage.  The water is starting to seep into the garage.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

127 today. Not so bad, eh ? But it is the vodka that helped. I'm sure I'll be higher tomorrow morning.

@wally, indeed the BG Tracker chart helps see the swings more easily & co-relate with events/reasons behind them. Your chart is very impressive even after all that you've been through.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

93 this Monday morning. Spent the weekend with mum doing a lot of small chores for her.
My life is based on a true story.

Grammabear

115 this morning after two lows during the night and now a rebound high.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

105 (5.82) this morning.  A bit higher than I like but we did a pork roast last night with lots of onions and I did kind of overdo the onions.   ~fno~ 
But I really like onions.   ~hgr~
Well, the rains came last night and right now we are at almost an inch with probably more today.  A good chance of more rain through tomorrow and then another storm Friday.  Thankfully it's too warm for snow here.  The High Sierras is another story.  Mammoth Mountain Ski Area is reporting 300 inches or 25 feet (7.6 Meters) at the top with another 31 inches expected today and tomorrow.  This is just great and they will be skiing well into summer this year.  The snow pack is a huge factor in relieving the drought.
@SKB, yeah, the BG tracker really does make it easier to visualize your patterns over time.  I am kind of surprised at how up and down my readings go at times but it helps to see the graph.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Tamagno

178 this morning.

SKB, losing a friend is a terrible loss and you have my sympathy and prayers.

Last night we lost power around 12:30am, the result of a fallen tree. It didn't get repaired until almost 10:00am and, of course, the utility boys managed to clip the Internet cable wires requiring their guy to come out. Finally got everything working by 12:30pm.

Actually, it embarrasses me to say how much I depend on that stuff! Thankfully, though, I've got two wood stoves and with both running it keeps the mansion from freezing.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

Quote from: Tamagno on February 06, 2017, 01:09:42 PM

Actually, it embarrasses me to say how much I depend on that stuff! Thankfully, though, I've got two wood stoves and with both running it keeps the mansion from freezing.

I am in the same boat and also am a bit embarrassed at how much I depend on that stuff.  Some locations in California do not allow wood burning stoves because of pollution.  They do allow Pellet stoves that burn pellets made from sawdust.  These stoves have catalytic converters and have to be certified to be non polluting.  The down side to these stoves is that they use an auger  to deliver the pellets to the burning chamber.  That is driven by electricity so if the power goes out there is also no heat.  Thankfully that is not the case here and we burn real wood logs. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

Our stove has a catalytic converter & it makes a real difference. The problem we had initially was that certain insurance companies won't cover us, but once we got past that issue & got coverage, we've been fine all these years.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on February 06, 2017, 05:12:27 PM
The down side to these stoves is that they use a * conveyor to deliver the pellets to the burning chamber.  That is driven by electricity so if the power goes out there is also no heat.

Wally, you have to let us know what was that "*" word that got censored out. The auto-censor we use does not allow some of the simple words in daily use. If you can tell us what it is, I'll have it added back.

121 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this mostly cloudy morning, 93 (5.15) at bedtime last night.

It got up to 44°F (6.66°C) so more melting.  Shoveled some of the snow, but man was it wet and heavy so couldn't do it all today.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

I got a 89 today. I've seen that I get my lowest numbers when I go the gym after a gap of 3-4 days. Last evening I was there & today I'm in the 80s.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

136 this morning.

Wally, I only worked in L.A. once but could say a lot about the, um, culture. Seems to me there's nothing wrong with burning real wood.

Back when I was healthy I used to harvest my annual 7-8 cords from my own property thereby saving huge money albeit with tons of work by the time it was cut, split and stacked.

Around here the forests are mostly ash that burns without aging. For years many were diseased so I could take down just the dead ones. Sam and I had some great summers in the woods and also cleared about an acre for my vegetable garden.

Naturally, since then I've had lots of completely unmarked helicopters flying very low over it looking, I guess, for illegal crops. Good grief!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on February 06, 2017, 06:53:25 PM
Quote from: walkerwally1 on February 06, 2017, 05:12:27 PM
The down side to these stoves is that they use a * conveyor to deliver the pellets to the burning chamber.  That is driven by electricity so if the power goes out there is also no heat.

Wally, you have to let us know what was that "*" word that got censored out. The auto-censor we use does not allow some of the simple words in daily use. If you can tell us what it is, I'll have it added back.

121 this morning.
The word I used was s©rew so I guess I can see why it is on the list for bad words although I think in most cases it is going to be OK.  I modified my post and used auger instead. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024