You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  We got just over an inch of rain yesterday so it was significant.  We also had very high winds and today the winds continue.  Another front is supposed to come through later today so it's possible for more rain later today. At 6:00 AM it's 52° (11.1°C) so no snow expected. 
Friday is supposed to be the next big storm so we will see how that turns out.
@Tamagno, I don't see anything wrong with burning wood either but the AQMD for many areas feels different.  Some areas don't allow wood stoves period, thus the pellet stoves, and in other areas they have days where wood burning is OK only on days where the pollution level is low.  On other days it illegal to burn wood.   
@Shanny, it's not the catalytic converter that is the problem but the need for electricity to operate the auger that delivers the pellets to the burning chamber.  If people with these stoves lose power the stove becomes useless.  A far cry from what we who burn real wood are used to. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

139 (7.7) this morning - time for another basal adjustment.

We are complete dependent on electricity as our home heats with electricity.  If our power goes out, we have to hope it comes back on soon or we build a fire in our wood burning fireplace. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Carbcrazydog

120 today morning.

My dog had a biopsy along with the spaying and the results came out as malignant cancer on the mammary gland tumor. Doctor has suggested a surgery to ensure it does not spread. I really really need a break. To think I just lost one dog two months back and firmly believed that lightning does not strike the same place twice. Atleast not so soon.

Shanny

Grammabear

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on February 07, 2017, 01:14:15 PM
120 today morning.

My dog had a biopsy along with the spaying and the results came out as malignant cancer on the mammary gland tumor. Doctor has suggested a surgery to ensure it does not spread. I really really need a break. To think I just lost one dog two months back and firmly believed that lightning does not strike the same place twice. Atleast not so soon.

I'm sorry you received 'not so good' news about your dog.  Hopefully the surgery will prevent it from spreading.  Stay strong.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Poulomi that is tough luck indeed. I too hope that the surgery is successful in stopping the tumour.

130 this morning, helped by an extra 2 pieces of chocolate last night.  >:(
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this cloudy morning, 103 (5.71) at bedtime last night.  Not sure where that came from, but it is what it is.

Cold today only got to 32°F so the melting has stopped for now.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

@ccd, very sorry to hear this. Wish you the best luck with the treatment of your pet.

Another 89 for me, helped by my gym visits, no doubt  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

167 this morning.

Paulomi, that's indeed lousy news; hopefully, your pup is treated successfully!

Well, I just woke from a strange dream in which the prep school at which I taught caught fire including even flames coming up from the ground. In keeping with my recent theme, everyplace was littered with great piles of firewood. My insulin pump got lost in the confraglation...

No mystery with the loss of my pump! I'm in one of those times when I'm sick to death of illness and if I lived alone would disconnect everything; the insulin pump, the CGM, the vile feeding tube, the IVIG, the meds and all of it.

At least I've extracted a promise from my wife to travel once more down home to West Virginia this summer if I've recovered sufficiently from my impending surgery. My Aunt Franny there is now suffering from stage four lymphoma and we've made a pact to get better and get together.

The mountains there barely qualify as foothills in the Himalayas, SKB, but they're home to me and very beautiful in the summer.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

69 this morning.

It continues to be cloudy and cold here, I wish spring would arrive quicker.  I'm seeing the diabetes educator today for a post Christmas checkup, not looking forward to the "lecture".
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 (4.82) this morning.  Overnight low temp. is sitting at 53° (11.7°C) and the rain is out of here for now.  There is very little snow left here and things are drying out.   ~clp~
There is supposed to be another storm coming Friday with significant rain and then maybe a break for a few days. 
Off in a bit for an appointment with my primary doctor.  The broken hip kind of interfered with other things but I still need to keep an eye on my electrolytes and that is what this visit is for. 
@Tamagno, I can certainly understand how you feel.  It gets overwhelming sometimes dealing with all of the things you have to when illness causes all of these problems.  The urge to throw everything out the window is huge.  I really hope you are able to make the trip this summer.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally!! 87 (4.82) this snowy morning, 87 at bedtime last night too.

It has been lightly snowing all day long.  :(  3-4 new inches of snow.  It is supposed to turn to rain over night.  I'm hoping that is true.

Paulomi I am so sorry to hear of your sweet dog's problem.  Hoping for the best outcome.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Slight improvement at 125.
John, Have a good trip and be well.
Weather here is nothing much to talk about. For a day or two it was 14oC. Now it's a bit warmer, maybe 17o
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

@ Tamagno, It was only a dream, so cheer up and have a great trip  ;D

Another good number for me, 90 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

114 today morning. Have been 'reasonably' good in the past 3 days.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. The surgery date for my pet (see such a cute pic attached) is on 20th Feb. My daughter turns 2 on 24th and my mother in law turns 60 next month. So we have lot of plans in the next 40 days. I just hate putting her through a surgery again in just a month but delaying it is not an option. We do not know if it is a fast spreading cancer or slow one. So no point taking a chance. I hope she forgives me for putting her through this. I did think of not getting it done and just giving her a quality of life. But she is only 6-7 years and every doctor I talked to, said the prognosis for mammary cancer is very good overall and you may be taking away a good chance that she has.

Fingers crossed for a long, happy and a healthy life.

Tamagno- I cannot even start to understand what you are going through. But try and be as positive as you can. Sending you a lot of good vibes.

[attachment deleted by admin]